Iowa St. AD issues official statement

Nexus

My point is that they want to be a big time player then they need to prove it and up the ante. You want the respect then screw the cash and play the games. Take a smaller deal and get it done or take the cash and play one road game. You can't have it both ways...enjoying the benefits of a smaller/weaker conference but demanding the same respect and opportunity that the big boys get.

Believe it or not, you kind of just proved their point. Being in a smaller conference, they don't have the same resources as the larger schools. As soon as the cash stops from playing the larger schools, BSU will be irrelevant.

BSU has to ask for the cash to play the larger schools to stay competitive. I would rather Nebraska give $1MM to BSU than $750M to play Troy.

As far as a real champion...if it's all just up to each individual to define then I guess we could argue about this all day. A playoff has it's perks but I just don't like the way it's portrayed as the only real solution.

That's because a false dichotomy has been established whereby two sides are drawn and both fail to even consider the possibility that the flaws inherent in the core system cannot be solved by either solution.

That hasn't stopped each side from trying to construct "solutions", however. In the end, it amounts to nothing more than trying to heal a gaping wound with a small band-aid: all you ever accomplish is convincing yourself that you've somehow slowed the bleeding.

It has to be understood that money generation is the primary goal of the athletic corporations and efficient money generation works in opposition to efficient team filtering techniques. It, therefore, becomes very, very political in nature. When two political forces are engaged, the mere fact that they are both wrong is rather irrelevant. :)

That's not a reassuring letter for Cyclone Fan. I would really hate to get that letter about my school.

Correct! However, as a Husker fan this gets me excited that we are this much closer to a situation that envolves us moving away from the texas ran conference that we are currently in.

and yes I just ended a sentance with a preposition, I'm that excited!

That's not a reassuring letter for Cyclone Fan. I would really hate to get that letter about my school.

Correct! However, as a Husker fan this gets me excited that we are this much closer to a situation that envolves us moving away from the texas ran conference that we are currently in.

I'm not so much worried about the preposition, I'm more worried that you misspelled "sentence" and "involves." But you spelled preposition right, so those were probably typos.

And yes, I'm a recovering Grammar Nazi and I notice all that stuff. I've gotten help and I'm much better now.

I'm not so much worried about the preposition, I'm more worried that you misspelled "sentence" and "involves." But you spelled preposition right, so those were probably typos.

And yes, I'm a recovering Grammar Nazi and I notice all that stuff. I've gotten help and I'm much better now.

Nothin' more funer then an Grammer nasi.

A playoff has the same flaws...how do you pick just 4 or 6 or 8? Depending on the season's outcome it could work or fail.

Its easy, you dont get in unless you win your conference. That pretty much solves it all. 4 super conferences, conference championships are the first round of playoffs then the 4 champions play (Big16 vs Pac16, SEC vs ACC) then the 2 remaining play. The rest of the teams can play in a bowl system similar to what we have today, but the only way you get a chance at the title is if you win your conf.

• Fire 1

A playoff has the same flaws...how do you pick just 4 or 6 or 8? Depending on the season's outcome it could work or fail.

Its easy, you dont get in unless you win your conference. That pretty much solves it all. 4 super conferences, conference championships are the first round of playoffs then the 4 champions play (Big16 vs Pac16, SEC vs ACC) then the 2 remaining play. The rest of the teams can play in a bowl system similar to what we have today, but the only way you get a chance at the title is if you win your conf.

Ok so Nebraska wins the big 10 undefeated but has to go through 2 more games despite the fact that the sec champ is a 2 loss alabama, pac10 a 2 loss texas, and acc an undefeated oh...pittsburg? Doesn't sound very fair to me...