What do YOU think NU should do?

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I couldn't find a poll for people to state their opinions so I thought I would make one. What do you think Nebraska should do?

I would like to stay in the Big 12, purely for athletic reasons. I'm worried that a move to the Big 10 will put our recruiting in Texas in jeopardy, possibly sending us down a road to mediocrity we will never recover from. We may be able to win 9 or 10 games every year, but I think our chances of winning National Championships fades. There are only so many good football players to go around and it's already crowded in Big 10 territory. I'm not just looking at the number of 5 star prospects either, you can find diamonds in the rough, but there are only so many players like that. You have to have multiple talented players to win championships. Plus, I think we have it made in the Big 12 North. The North is weak right now and has been for awhile, if we stay and things keep going the way they are, we could be winning the North 80% of the time. By winning the division we are only a short step away from playing in a BCS bowl or a National Championship. It seems everyones problem is with Texas and their political shenanigans, but I don't see it mattering all that much. We have one of the best coaches in the country, and I'm positive we will be beating Texas almost every year if we stay. They can handle the politics, we'll take care of the football field. Go Big Red!

I was undecided untill this report about Missouri and Nebraska having untill Friday to decide...... Days after a report which seems to have more solid sources than any of the Nebraska- Missouri talk has the whole big XII south leaving for the Pac10.......

Off to the Big Ten........ This was the last straw for me.

I couldn't find a poll for people to state their opinions so I thought I would make one. What do you think Nebraska should do?

I would like to stay in the Big 12, purely for athletic reasons. I'm worried that a move to the Big 10 will put our recruiting in Texas in jeopardy, possibly sending us down a road to mediocrity we will never recover from. We may be able to win 9 or 10 games every year, but I think our chances of winning National Championships fades. There are only so many good football players to go around and it's already crowded in Big 10 territory. I'm not just looking at the number of 5 star prospects either, you can find diamonds in the rough, but there are only so many players like that. You have to have multiple talented players to win championships. Plus, I think we have it made in the Big 12 North. The North is weak right now and has been for awhile, if we stay and things keep going the way they are, we could be winning the North 80% of the time. By winning the division we are only a short step away from playing in a BCS bowl or a National Championship. It seems everyones problem is with Texas and their political shenanigans, but I don't see it mattering all that much. We have one of the best coaches in the country, and I'm positive we will be beating Texas almost every year if we stay. They can handle the politics, we'll take care of the football field. Go Big Red!

I guess you didn't see the B12C game last december. (we beat them and still lost)

I warn you guys, Nebraska must stay in the Big12, we must try to keep the conference alive. If we leave for the Big10 and the Pac10 transition happens, that will make college football one step closer to having its 4 super conferences. No fan wants that, there are so many negatives, the only positive about it is the cash. The worst thing would be the two strongest conferences would be the pac16 and the newly reformed SEC (most likely adding Miami, FSU, GTech, UNC). The NCG will almost always be held between teams of these two conferences.

Nebraska itself does not gain any ground in football, we would not be in one of the two upper echelon conferences, and our recruiting (Texas) would be significantly hurt.

Many fans are disgruntled because of Texas, and want away from them and their conference (B12), but you must think with a clear head - don't let them cloud your judgement. The best way to shut them up is to keep the Big12 together and have Bo beat them into the ground year in and year out.

The whole idea of the Super conferences is a horrific idea, and if Nebraska were to jump ship now, we would be forever the death to modern college football as we know it.

Just to stick it to Texas Nebraska should tell the Big 12 their committed to the conference as long as Texas drops it's Texas Longhorn network and joins the plans for a Big 12 network.

I know that's not the reason Nebraska would listen to other offers, but it would shine a light on how really commited Texas is to the Big 12 along with pissing them off when their not calling all the shot.

Just to stick it to Texas Nebraska should tell the Big 12 their committed to the conference as long as Texas drops it's Texas Longhorn network and joins the plans for a Big 12 network.

I know that's not the reason Nebraska would listen to other offers, but it would shine a light on how really commited Texas is to the Big 12 along with pissing them off when their not calling all the shot.

That is really the only bone I have to pick with Texas...well that, and always getting lucky against us.

Join the Big Ten!! WAY more money and it is time for the superconference era anyway. PAC-16 can take the Texas schools and their arrogant politics. I like adding Nebraska, Missouri, Notre Dame, Rutgers and Syracuse or Pitt. Our rivalries will be great, the money will be very great, and academics will be much better too.

I don't attend games to watch money. If money equaled football success, Indiana and the rest of their rust belt chronies would be in the thick of it every year. They aren't.

We won't win as many games because we won't get the talent.

If we go Big 10, it's possible that we will never again be a participant in the national championship game, let alone win it.

We're letting our disdain for one conference member drive most of our decision, and that, I am afraid, will be our downfall.

If we stay here we'll never compete for another national title again! Ever! Period!

And what makes you think this? We have a greatchance if the B12 stays -weak north, OU & UT battle it out, if we can keep from being upsetted and beat OU/UT twice a year, we're pretty much gained a NC spot.

Might as well combine all of these Conference Expansion threads into one.... Same people sayin' the same stuff. Hard to tell which one I've read. I will bet that those who have decided what they want to happen, aren't going to change their mind. You could type till your fingers are calloused and not change one persons mind. All that being said... It doesn't matter what one goes to a game to watch, money will be the major deciding factor... IF we get the invite we go.. And I will still be a huskalova period end of story. We are on the way back and what conference we are in will not determine the number of National Championships in the future... GO BIG RED. Big 12 or Big 10. GO BIG RED....

If bo seriously believed that changing conferences would be as disasterous for recruiting as some think it will be, he would have mentioned something by now. We never had a problem getting great texas recruits before the big 12 and I doubt anything will change. Coaching is the name of the game now, great players want to play for great coaches. why do you think cally and solich had a hard time recruiting in texas?

• Fire 1

If we stay here we'll never compete for another national title again! Ever! Period!

And what makes you think this? We have a greatchance if the B12 stays -weak north, OU & UT battle it out, if we can keep from being upsetted and beat OU/UT twice a year, we're pretty much gained a NC spot.

I don't. Just didn't understand why Redneck thought the big10 would be impossible to win in...