I'm cautious about this, but...

Nexus

Hate to rain on a good rumor, but the Board of Regents don't meet in secret. All the minutes of recent meetings can be read here:

http://nebraska.edu/board/agendas-and-minutes.html

I know nothing about this rumor so what I'm saying here isn't in support of it. But...

The UNL Board of Regents meets this Friday. So perhaps the meeting being referred to is upcoming, not already past?

Most every Board has the ability to take themselves into Executive Session, at which point discussions are off the record. Every board I've been on has done this, and I would be shocked if the UNL Board of Regents' discussions about switching conferences weren't held in ES.

Hate to rain on a good rumor, but the Board of Regents don't meet in secret. All the minutes of recent meetings can be read here:

http://nebraska.edu/board/agendas-and-minutes.html

I know nothing about this rumor so what I'm saying here isn't in support of it. But...

The UNL Board of Regents meets this Friday. So perhaps the meeting being referred to is upcoming, not already past?

Most every Board has the ability to take themselves into Executive Session, at which point discussions are off the record. Every board I've been on has done this, and I would be shocked if the UNL Board of Regents' discussions about switching conferences weren't held in ES.

One of the members of the board said in an interview yesterday (I think) that there was already an Executive Session planned for the meeting for other business, but that it was accepted and common procedure to cover any new business once this session has covered the business on the agenda. This member said it would be entirely appropriate to deal with the conference realignment issue at this time.

I read it in one of the hundreds of articles I've read over the last couple of days, but can't seem to find it now. I'm sure someone else read that same article (I think it was a Nebraska-related paper or site) and can supply the link if anyone wants it. I'll post it if I find it.

http://nebraska.edu/...nd-minutes.html

One of the members of the board said in an interview yesterday (I think) that there was already an Executive Session planned for the meeting for other business, but that it was accepted and common procedure to cover any new business once this session has covered the business on the agenda. This member said it would be entirely appropriate to deal with the conference realignment issue at this time.

I read it in one of the hundreds of articles I've read over the last couple of days, but can't seem to find it now. I'm sure someone else read that same article (I think it was a Nebraska-related paper or site) and can supply the link if anyone wants it. I'll post it if I find it.

You probably read it here.

Sheesh. Kugler doesn't have anything better to report than a forum post by "tigerman550"?

The guy may have an inside source.

Or, the guy may know nothing except that there is a decent likelihood something will happen this week, so he's trying to fake credibility. If it happens, he looks good. If not, he can change his handle so he doesn't have to bear any burden of a bad guess.

In any case, it means nothing, and Kugler should go back to journalism school, if he ever went in the first place.

:facepalm:

Seriously, guys? He was just joking! You clearly don't know who Kevin Kugler is and/or did not listen to today's show. Kugler reported the story sarcastically, complete with the breaking news intro music. He does this sometimes and everyone with any sense who is listening knows he is joking. That's why he said "How could anyone ever want a more reliable source than tigerman550 from a random message board in St. Louis?" Kugler is one of the premier media guys coming out of Nebraska these days.

I knew Nexus would come to my rescue. Thanks, man. :thumbs

I knew Nexus would come to my rescue. Thanks, man. :thumbs

:thumbs

Sheesh. Kugler doesn't have anything better to report than a forum post by "tigerman550"?

Or, the guy may know nothing except that there is a decent likelihood something will happen this week, so he's trying to fake credibility. If it happens, he looks good. If not, he can change his handle so he doesn't have to bear any burden of a bad guess.

In any case, it means nothing, and Kugler should go back to journalism school, if he ever went in the first place.

Seriously, guys? He was just joking! You clearly don't know who Kevin Kugler is and/or did not listen to today's show. Kugler reported the story sarcastically, complete with the breaking news intro music. He does this sometimes and everyone with any sense who is listening knows he is joking. That's why he said "How could anyone ever want a more reliable source than tigerman550 from a random message board in St. Louis?" Kugler is one of the premier media guys coming out of Nebraska these days.

I clearly don't, and there was nothing in the original post to give me a clue.

This...I find it laughable that people don't understand Kugler's style on Unsportsmanlike Conduct and how they use satire consistently in this way yet we will bash him for it. Something in this thread will be the "Unsportsmanlike Conduct Message Board post of the day...where (they) put their finger on the pulse of the real HuskerNation, those random fans posting anonymously on a random message board." He is the premier sports journalist in the state of Nebraska and is the national voice of the NFL on the Westwood One broadcast. That is the only national official radio broadcast of the NFL.

This...I find it laughable that people don't understand Kugler's style on Unsportsmanlike Conduct and how they use satire consistently in this way yet we will bash him for it. Something in this thread will be the "Unsportsmanlike Conduct Message Board post of the day...where (they) put their finger on the pulse of the real HuskerNation, those random fans posting anonymously on a random message board." He is the premier sports journalist in the state of Nebraska and is the national voice of the NFL on the Westwood One broadcast. That is the only national official radio broadcast of the NFL.

A lot of the folks who post here don't live in Kugler's market area, so they probably wouldn't know his sense of humor. I can barely get 1620 on my car radio here in Lincoln, so I don't know much about him.

And he's the premier sports journalist in Nebraska? I did not know that, either. I woulda thought it was Shatel or... not sure who else. Sipple gets bashed a lot but he's a pillar of Nebraska sports reporting.

I'm clearly out of the Kevin Kugler loop.

A lot of the folks who post here don't live in Kugler's market area, so they probably wouldn't know his sense of humor. I can barely get 1620 on my car radio here in Lincoln, so I don't know much about him.

And he's the premier sports journalist in Nebraska? I did not know that, either. I woulda thought it was Shatel or... not sure who else. Sipple gets bashed a lot but he's a pillar of Nebraska sports reporting.

I'm clearly out of the Kevin Kugler loop.

He is also the host of Big Red Wrap-Up and a seven time winner of the Nebraska Sportscaster of the Year award. He is good, and extremely funny. Too bad about Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Lincoln, it is far superior to anything I've heard out of your ESPN station down there. If you can get to it it is also located here www.1620thezone.com daily from 2-6 as a podcast live.

He is also the host of Big Red Wrap-Up and a seven time winner of the Nebraska Sportscaster of the Year award. He is good, and extremely funny. Too bad about Unsportsmanlike Conduct in Lincoln, it is far superior to anything I've heard out of your ESPN station down there. If you can get to it it is also located here www.1620thezone.com daily from 2-6 as a podcast live.

Which pales to Les Nessman, who is a five-time winner of the Ohio radio news trophy, the "Buckeye Newshawk Award,"

Which pales to Les Nessman, who is a five-time winner of the Ohio radio news trophy, the "Buckeye Newshawk Award,"

“Mr Rodriguez finished the round three under par. Hopefully, Mr. Rodriguez will play up to par in the next competition."