Big 10 = Big Trouble

Are we better off in the big 12 north than big 10 as far as won loss record goes?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nebraska needs to stay in the Big 12. Period. You owe it to the founding fathers of the orginal Big 8 conference....ya know, where your proud roots have been laid and your foundation of a program? You Big 8 siblings are waiting for you to make your move. Sevaerl (My Jayhawks) knowing that if you leave, it could throw our program into one of the biggest pickles ever.

It would show alot of class if Nebraska chooses to do the right thing and stay. Now, is it wrong that Texas makes all the money-yes, but can't we work togetehr like the old days and throw out the Texas schools? Bring back to Big 8!! Yeah, I know dollars are behind all of this realignment, but has dollars clouded our history and what is right with scholastic ahletics? Texas is holding none of the original 8 schools hostage. There is no reason they couldnt work together and start a new Big 8.

I cringe to think of watching my Jayhawks turn independent. Many speculate that KU would turn to the Mountain West...I disagree. KU is much too proud of a school to settle for a lower teir conference. They would stay independent, until the right deal is reached....and who really knows how long that would take.

If Nebraska leaves for the dollars I will lose alot of respect for your program. If you leave, it goes against everything Nebraska stands for. "Tradition" is the word ALL Nebraska fans tout when asked about their football program. It started with the Big 8 and continued with the Big 12. If you leave for the Big 10, then so much for tradition. That will mean nothing to teams like Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. They could care less what you did many moons ago. Alright, I'm done typing, because the more I think about this, the more mad I get. The original 8 should not break up. Tradition still means something to this Jayhawk fan, unlike many around this country. I know there are still alot of Husker fans that agree with me.

Out of curiosity, where was this sentiment when the Big XII was formed? Where was this "loyalty to your brothers" when votes went 11-1 over and over, with Nebraska the lone dissenting vote? Where was this when Tom Osborne warned the Big 8 about a Texas takeover? Those ears were deaf then, and it screwed this conference.

The machinations taking place now are not Nebraska's fault. They are the result of a decade and a half of willful ignorance of the consequences of letting the Texas schools and legislature run this conference. They are the result of the global landscape of college football today, and they are the result of the billions of dollars available in this market.

BOOM!!!!

i think that moving to the big ten has its advantages for us because in my opinion it is an easier conference to compete in, because right now the only school that year after year is a constant top 10 team is ohio state, and we can come in and be the other team that will compete for the title every year. we are better that Wisconsin and michigan and iowa almost every year. and also that the big ten is more respected than the big 12, and if we join it gives the conference even more respect and there is a better chance that a one loss team in the conference could make the national championship game, and in my opinion we have a better chance to consistently win the big ten than the big 12 because the schedule is not as brutal every year. idk maybe its just me but the more i think about it the more i am starting to like the idea of moving, even if it means i can go to lawrence and manhattan every other year and watch the huskers play, but i will give that up for a better shot at a national championship

It will in no means be a cake walk, but the fierce competition will be fun to watch. I think the programs on the left are similar to the programs on the right. If Nebraska can navigate through the Big 12, they can navigate through the Big 10. If the Huskers struggle against the Big 12, they will struggle in the Big 10. Both good conferences, just different styles.

Michigan Oklahoma

Michigan St Kansas st

Indiana Iowa St

Illinois Kansas

Penn St Texas A&M

Ohio St Texas

Iowa Texas Tech

Northwestern Colorado

Minnesota Baylor

Wisconsin Missouri

Purdue Oklahoma St

It will in no means be a cake walk, but the fierce competition will be fun to watch. I think the programs on the left are similar to the programs on the right. If Nebraska can navigate through the Big 12, they can navigate through the Big 10. If the Huskers struggle against the Big 12, they will struggle in the Big 10. Both good conferences, just different styles.

Michigan Oklahoma

Michigan St Kansas st

Indiana Iowa St

Illinois Kansas

Penn St Texas A&M

Ohio St Texas

Iowa Texas Tech

Northwestern Colorado

Minnesota Baylor

Wisconsin Missouri

Purdue Oklahoma St

as a lifelong B10er, i have to say that looks like a pretty good comparison.

Michigan will never rebound.

Why do you think that? They don't have the greatest win/loss record in college football by accident. The fan base they have, the athletic department they have, the history and resources and track record and alumni they have won't let them stay down long. There probably isn't a school in all of college football that is less likely to remain down long than Michigan.

Oklahoma, Nebraska, USC, Alabama, Auburn, Miami, Florida State - these are all prominent programs that had rough patches in the past 20 years, yet rebounded. And not one of them can boast a better support structure than Michigan.

It's safe to say that I do not agree with your assessment.

I think he meant to say that Michigan won't rebound with Rich Rodriguez as their Head Coach.

Don't you mean, "Rod Ri Gueeze"? :laughpound

From an erlier discussion involving the merits of Les Nessman and his Buckeye Newshound Awards.