welcome from B10 land!

whew I was going to say 77-7 but that was the Army score in 72??? no linky :)

it was the bright spot in my stay in the military :lol:

GBR

Welcome to the board buckeye7

Not sure it was '72, either that or '73, my late brother was in at right corner at the end and had a pass interference penalty on the play before the score and then his guy made the score on the next play as I recall.. We never stopped giving him hell about that but, in all honesty it was a heck of a catch and nobody could have stopped it.

whew I was going to say 77-7 but that was the Army score in 72??? no linky :)

it was the bright spot in my stay in the military :lol:

GBR

Welcome to the board buckeye7

Not sure it was '72, either that or '73, my late brother was in at right corner at the end and had a pass interference penalty on the play before the score and then his guy made the score on the next play as I recall.. We never stopped giving him hell about that but, in all honesty it was a heck of a catch and nobody could have stopped it.

That's a cool story and shows why we as a population are so connected to this team...we all know somebody that played be it a starter of a 4th stringer in a blowout.

Sorry for the loss of your brother, sounds like he had a good sense of humor to take that from you all the time!! LOL

Thanks, I guess they forgave him, he ended up starting his last two years, kinda made up for that one by blocking a punt against Kansas. A reporter sent my folks a copy of the picture of that, it was a pretty cool pic.

I don't blame you for wanting ND. Any real college football fan gets a massive hard on whenever Notre Dame is mentioned. We're excited to play you guys too, it will be much more fun than isu and ksu.

Well then I guess that makes me a fake CFB fan then, because I could give two squirts about Notre Lame.

I don't blame you for wanting ND. Any real college football fan gets a massive hard on whenever Notre Dame is mentioned. We're excited to play you guys too, it will be much more fun than isu and ksu.

Well then I guess that makes me a fake CFB fan then, because I could give two squirts about Notre Lame.

idk maybe it's just a fetish of mine

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

It's great to hear that some of you have an open mind to joining the B10 and might even see some positives to it.

As a side note: most CFB fans are aware of Nebraska's tradition, NCs, Heismans and whatnot, but you know what put me in awe of the Huskers?

When I was a little kid, NU played Minnesota and beat them 84-10 or 84-14 or something. I remember reading the newspaper box score of that game in total astonishment. I mean, Minnesota sucks but 84 points?!

IIRC they scored 70-something in a game later that season. Can any of you hardcores tell me what year that was?

That would be 1983, the "Scoring Explosion" year. Turner Gill, Mike Rozier and Irving Fryar. thumbsup.gif

Part of the reason for that crazy score against Minnesota was the travel squad restriction. We couldn't bring all 1,000,000,000 of our walk-ons, so we had to play just the first three or four units. The first and second string ran the Gophers into the ground in the first quarter or so, so Osborne put in the scrubs. But they kept running up and down the field and they needed a breather, so he had to use just about everybody.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TF_94kfQv_4

Tom needs to loan Bo those red pants for a game or two next year

T.O. used to be quite the frat-star. The red sportcoat is still pretty legit.

I am a tOSU grad and have lived in Columbus my whole life and I cannot tell you all how excited I and many others are that NU might be joining our conference.

Even if (as we expect) the Huskers become a regular obstacle to the Buckeyes in the B10 standings, we cannot turn down the chance to strengthen the conference. B10 fans are tired of hearing the letters 'SEC' and hearing about how lame our conference is. We think adding NU will give us a giant credibility boost.

I'm not going to BS you, ND is still almost everyone's first choice for league expansion over here (mostly because we hate them and want the chance to crush them every year), but we would be VERY excited to add Nebraska.

BTW nobody cares about adding Mizzou at all....adding them gets a shrug of the shoulders.

I share the excitement as a Buckeye due to my wife's family. It would be fun to talk smack with them (in a good-natured sort of way).

ND is far from my first choice. I'd love for them to continue losing into irrelevance. Their arrogance is only surpassed by their present mediocrity. IF they come into the Big Ten, I have a hard time seeing them acting as a partner instead of wanting to be the kingpin.

They are a better academic institution than we are, and they have perhaps the best pedigree in college football of any team, but even acknowledging that we're not far behind them.

I think there are a LOT of great reasons to join you guys in the Big 10. There will be some rough patches as we figure out the new lay of the land, and when other conferences follow suit we'll have some adjusting to do, but in the end a marriage of Nebraska to the Big 10 makes a lot of sense, and I think we can benefit you guys as much as Penn State did when they joined.

Welcome to the board. Make yourself comfortable.

As for ND's academics, I might agree on the undergrad portion; however, I think NU is better in research and graduate programs.

I am a tOSU grad and have lived in Columbus my whole life and I cannot tell you all how excited I and many others are that NU might be joining our conference.

Even if (as we expect) the Huskers become a regular obstacle to the Buckeyes in the B10 standings, we cannot turn down the chance to strengthen the conference. B10 fans are tired of hearing the letters 'SEC' and hearing about how lame our conference is. We think adding NU will give us a giant credibility boost.

I'm not going to BS you, ND is still almost everyone's first choice for league expansion over here (mostly because we hate them and want the chance to crush them every year), but we would be VERY excited to add Nebraska.

BTW nobody cares about adding Mizzou at all....adding them gets a shrug of the shoulders.

Nebraska loves the SEC schools if it wasn't for them Nebraska wouldn't have 4 of their National Championships. Alabama, Florida, LSU, and Tennesse all have a small place in our hearts or at least mine. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

It's great to hear that some of you have an open mind to joining the B10 and might even see some positives to it.

As a side note: most CFB fans are aware of Nebraska's tradition, NCs, Heismans and whatnot, but you know what put me in awe of the Huskers?

When I was a little kid, NU played Minnesota and beat them 84-10 or 84-14 or something. I remember reading the newspaper box score of that game in total astonishment. I mean, Minnesota sucks but 84 points?!

IIRC they scored 70-something in a game later that season. Can any of you hardcores tell me what year that was?

That would be 1983, the "Scoring Explosion" year. Turner Gill, Mike Rozier and Irving Fryar. :thumbs

Part of the reason for that crazy score against Minnesota was the travel squad restriction. We couldn't bring all 1,000,000,000 of our walk-ons, so we had to play just the first three or four units. The first and second string ran the Gophers into the ground in the first quarter or so, so Osborne put in the scrubs. But they kept running up and down the field and they needed a breather, so he had to use just about everybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF_94kfQv_4

Tom needs to loan Bo those red pants for a game or two next year

good times... good times.

Hey Welcome Buckeye7!!

I just want to say thanks for creating such a great place to breed coaches and as for the Pelini brothers. 'As I wave my Jeti hand in front of you' "There are no coaches here that interest you! The Pelini brothers are from a small town in Nebraska, I have proof, their child hood friend Dan Whitney (Little Larry) said so!" :cheers