Notre Dame, not budging

Unsportsmanlike Conduct status update via facebook. WOrking on finding a more solid link.

http://www.facebook.com/unsportsmanlikeconduct

Here's what Joe Schad tweeted:

One source close to Big Ten cautions me that ND is "not budging." about 1 hour ago via txt

I Checked his twitter, it said something about Kyle Parker(clemson QB) going in the first round of MLB draft.

Thanks for finding it.

i guess this is the way it has always been all along, but the following article posted at huskermax seems to indicate that everything hinges on notre dame. if they decide to drop their independent status and go to the big 10+1, then NU and MU won't get offers and everything stays the same. it would seem to me that conference expansion (SEC, Pac-10, etc) is inevitable and notre dame would be crazy not to get in on the ground floor and the be able to dictate, somewhat, the terms of their inclusion. if they wait, it would seem they would have very little power. they have smart people running their school so ican't believe they will pass this time. we will see. it reads as if they are on the clock, as well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/08/sports/ncaafootball/08colleges.html

i guess this is the way it has always been all along, but the following article posted at huskermax seems to indicate that everything hinges on notre dame. if they decide to drop their independent status and go to the big 10+1, then NU and MU won't get offers and everything stays the same. it would seem to me that conference expansion (SEC, Pac-10, etc) is inevitable and notre dame would be crazy not to get in on the ground floor and the be able to dictate, somewhat, the terms of their inclusion. if they wait, it would seem they would have very little power. they have smart people running their school so ican't believe they will pass this time. we will see. it reads as if they are on the clock, as well.

the NY times article makes it sound like it all rests with ND.. they stay put Nebraska and Missizz bolt whic fucts Texas as they want to stay in the B12 and not lose what they have (luster, rivalry, road to NC game) etc......

If this is true, then the Big 10 has been playing everyone. I certainly hope that is not the case. If Notre Dame is the only team to join, it would make it awfully hard on NU and MU in the Big XII for the future.

I honestly don't think this is a ploy to get ND. The luster of that program has dulled in the last 20 years. If the Big 10 is hinging everything on ND, then they are dumber than I ever thought.

I think the Big 10 is serious about expanding to 16 teams. If they really want ND to join, they need to float the idea that they have already filled all slots, and are on the verge of making offers. IMO, that is the only way to get ND to join. I think it would be great to see ND left out in the cold, but I think if pressed, ND will join the Big 10 as a 16th team, especially if the expansion of the PAC 10 occurs.

I'm predicting that ND will be the last to join the Big Ten. More dominoes need to fall in order to get them.

South Bend newspaper columnist on KC radio this afternoon said the same thing. Sorry no link.

More on the interview:

ND doesn't want to join the Big (X + n) and become "just another midwestern university", they like being able to play games coast to coast in areas of recruiting and alumni, they have done the calculations and as of now they believe not joining will make them more money and the only way they join the Big (X + n) is if Texas does too.

Personally I think if it comes to a 4 conference, 64 team playoff situation, they truly believe it will be a 64 + ND because they are ND

I'm predicting that ND will be the last to join the Big Ten. More dominoes need to fall in order to get them.

South Bend newspaper columnist on KC radio this afternoon said the same thing. Sorry no link.

More on the interview:

ND doesn't want to join the Big (X + n) and become "just another midwestern university", they like being able to play games coast to coast in areas of recruiting and alumni, they have done the calculations and as of now they believe not joining will make them more money and the only way they join the Big (X + n) is if Texas does too.

Personally I think if it comes to a 4 conference, 64 team playoff situation, they truly believe it will be a 64 + ND because they are ND

If it comes to 4 conferences and ND isnt in one, they will wither away. There will no longer be rankings because they no longer matter with a playoff. None of the schools involved with the 4 conferences will need to play an upright ooc foe. If people think ooc schedules are soft now, wait till we have 4 super conferences.

More on the interview:

If it comes to 4 conferences and ND isnt in one, they will wither away. There will no longer be rankings because they no longer matter with a playoff. None of the schools involved with the 4 conferences will need to play an upright ooc foe. If people think ooc schedules are soft now, wait till we have 4 super conferences.

No, no, no. If ND has a non-losing record they are automatically in the championship game against the other conferences and their little play in games. :sarcasm

More on the interview:

True, but if winning the conference is all that matters, scheduling tough opponents wouldn't kill a teams chances for a national championship. A team risks injury with any game played, why not let it be one that could be a gage for how well top teams stack up early in the season?