Here's a Texas writers take

In Lincoln, Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne is probably muttering to himself right now.

HAHA Thats funny. TO is runnin this show.

My thought is that it is probably Beebe that is muttering to himself. I have a feeling his little ultimatum is about to come back and bite him in the a$$, and I wish I could be there to see the look on his face when he is informed that Nebraska and Missouri are leaving, and that his conference is a dead man walking.

Honestly, the same bunk keeps getting rehashed by Texas-based "journalists." Texas is a white-knight saving the South from those money-loving Yankees, Nebraska is bitter and jealous, WE WIN WE WIN, etc. There's one glaring problem with this guy's article: how could Texas have "won" in this mess when they're losing the one thing they've desired for so long - their own sports network. That's not going to happen if they go to any other conference. Sorry, Longhorns.

:sigh: I really think there are so many media outlets in Texas that they all just keep talking to each other in a bubble and have no perspective whatsoever outside their world. This struck me as I was listening to Unsportsmanlike Conduct today. They talked to a Texas-based journalist who seemed like he should be a voice of reason, but instead he just couldn't wrap his head around why the Big Ten would want Nebraska. He thought they only wanted Notre Dame and Nebraska was shooting itself in the foot by holding out for an invite. It seems to me most people (journalists and fans) in Big Ten country have been pretty damn excited at the prospect of NU joining them. But to a Texan, I guess, it's hard to wrap your head around a lot of things.

He's right on one point, Texas will be fine. They would be better off to keep NU as is, and to launch their own network, but either way they will be fine. I think deep down Texas wants to drop Tech and Baylor, and I really think that they may be trying to strongly convince Notre Dame to stay independant so that they can go independent for a year or two, force Tech and Baylor into a conference without going along, and then head either North to the Big 10 in a few years with Notre Dame or aim for the SEC with A&M. THAT would be my goal if I was Texas, until they get rid of Tech and Baylor they have too much baggage to move forward in a conference IMO.

I could totally see MU, NU and Rutgers invited now to get to 14, then add ND and Texas at the end of the current BCS agreement.

So Texas wins either way?

Texas wins by losing their own network, the HQ, the title game(s), their puppet is out of a job and UT is no longer in absolute control?

Plus the PAC-10 saw how they behaved in the BigXII. I betcha one or two Texas schools don't make it to the PAC-XX.

Think CU will ever vote with them? Not a chance.

And finally they can't threaten to leave - where would they go? SEC? Full. Big 10? Full. BigXII

At least the weather is nice.

Nice win. blink.gif

The arrogance and feeling of superiority was their downfall in this conference. They had it made - a conference where only we had the balls to stand up to them and say 'no'.

Everything Texas wanted, Texas got in the B12.

Money, rules, regulations, everything that could possibly be bent to their advantage and what they wanted, they got. And somehow, they believe if they go to the P10 they will have the same field day?

Sure, they may make bank. But Oregon, UDub, OSU, Cal, Stanford, etc., are going to tell them to kindly pi** off once they try to pull any of the crap they pulled in this conference. Look at how they are already treating them in regards to pushing Baylor on that conference.

This whole Texas media spin of us being jealous, hurt, and whatever else is nothing but spin. But really, it makes me laugh to know they are secretly dieing inside because their complete reign is about to end.

And TO, for you completely bending them over and remaining above the fray in this mess, I applaud you. While each of these schools in Texas and their writers continue to take shots, our media and administration has remained quite. Although I'm sure if you were close to campus you heard the insane laughter coming from TO's office every time he reads more of these articles. :)