Hope ND doesnt accept.

Tweetle deedle doo

Per this, I am betting this friday is the deadline for ND. If ND accepts I believe the Big10 will stop at 12 teams. If ND refuses the Big10 will add NU and stay at 12 for the time being. The Big10 will wait and see if the Big12 will really disolve causing the seismic shift Tejas is claiming will happen. If it doesnt the Big10 just added a great national program in NU, however if the seismic shift starts ND will be backed into a corner and will only join the Big10 if they are the 16th and final team. The golden egg has always been ND and the Big10 is preparing to do whatever necessary to get them.

I am praying ND says no thank you.

Tweetle deedle doo

Per this, I am betting this friday is the deadline for ND. If ND accepts I believe the Big10 will stop at 12 teams. If ND refuses the Big10 will add NU and stay at 12 for the time being. The Big10 will wait and see if the Big12 will really disolve causing the seismic shift Tejas is claiming will happen. If it doesnt the Big10 just added a great national program in NU, however if the seismic shift starts ND will be backed into a corner and will only join the Big10 if they are the 16th and final team. The golden egg has always been ND and the Big10 is preparing to do whatever necessary to get them.

I am praying ND says no thank you.

Sounds about right to me.

Why on earth would the Big 10 stop at Notre Dame? If you can add the Domers, Nebraska, Mizzou, and a New York market, you'd have drastically increased your TV revenue and created the most tradition-rich conference in the nation.

I dont think the B10 really wants to be the ones to destroy college football as we know it.

Why on earth would the Big 10 stop at Notre Dame? If you can add the Domers, Nebraska, Mizzou, and a New York market, you'd have drastically increased your TV revenue and created the most tradition-rich conference in the nation.

I dont think the B10 really wants to be the ones to destroy college football as we know it.

Why not? There's good money in it, and a chance to see your conference as a history maker and a world beater in terms of pure tradition.

I don't think ND's decision affects our invitation at all..

If it doesnt affect ours then why havent we announced we will be going or staying? They are waiting on something and it certainly isnt whether we would like to be in the B10. The only thing that makes sense to me is they are waiting to see what ND wants to do.

If it doesnt affect ours then why havent we announced we will be going or staying? They are waiting on something and it certainly isnt whether we would like to be in the B10. The only thing that makes sense to me is they are waiting to see what ND wants to do.

That or there's reason for Osborne to present the illusion of having given this a good length of thought and announce at the end of the week or next week.

If it wasn't for nano-second newsbreaking on the internet, you probably wouldn't be worried about expediency. :P

Because this isn't going to be for just one school to announce. There will be a big press conference to announce everything at once. They probably are waiting on ND to make the announcement but I would suspect that it is one of the east coast schools - my guess would be Pitt - that is in or out based on what ND does.

Because this isn't going to be for just one school to announce. There will be a big press conference to announce everything at once. They probably are waiting on ND to make the announcement but I would suspect that it is one of the east coast schools - my guess would be Pitt - that is in or out based on what ND does.

I'm curious, why Pitt? I would say the Penn State pretty much has it covered from a BTN standpoint.

I'm curious, why Pitt? I would say the Penn State pretty much has it covered from a BTN standpoint.

People speculate about Pitt for a few reasons:

1) Paterno has wanted an in-state rival for some time. Pitt and State Penn used to have a pretty good rivalry.

2) Pitt is a good research institution.

3) Good basketball school.

4) As far as Big lEast schools go, there's only so many that are worth a darn.