Big Ten Reportedly Hits First Home Run Of Expansion, Snags Nebraska

If we go and start getting Hawkeye trolls, I'm going to turn that into an av somehow.

Hawkeye trolls, like trolls of any other fan base, will be dealt with swiftly. That I can assure you.

Anyone is welcome to come and talk sports with the Husker fans here. Conversations can even get passionate. But I will not tolerate trollery, not one tiny little bit. :cop:

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/09/10/Reports-Nebraska-to-Join-Big-Ten/landing.html?blockID=250141&feedID=3724

Some further confirmation. This is both exhilarating and nerve-wracking at the same time.

I can't read this portion enough:

With Nebraska moving to the Big Ten, the conference would now be home to four of the NCAA's most legendary football schools. Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan are the league's standard-bearers and a fourth powerhouse would boost the overall image of the conference. Furthermore, it would bring another enormous fanbase into the league.

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/09/10/Reports-Nebraska-to-Join-Big-Ten/landing.html?blockID=250141&feedID=3724

Some further confirmation. This is both exhilarating and nerve-wracking at the same time.

i agree I mean look at us Nebraska is single handedly for better or worse in the driver seat and its actions could and will change college football.... for better and for worse again atleast we are on the inside and people are conventing us so highly rather than our poor B12- North friends... and even thought Big Tom denies this i'm sure it feels good to stick it to texas in some way.......

wonder how MORE EPIC THE TEXAS GAME IS GONNA BE THIS YEAR IF THIS ALL GOES DOWN??????

i agree I mean look at us Nebraska is single handedly for better or worse in the driver seat and its actions could and will change college football.... for better and for worse again atleast we are on the inside and people are conventing us so highly rather than our poor B12- North friends... and even thought Big Tom denies this i'm sure it feels good to stick it to texas in some way.......

wonder how MORE EPIC THE TEXAS GAME IS GONNA BE THIS YEAR IF THIS ALL GOES DOWN??????

The school should get an elephant from the zoo and let it roam the sidelines during the game.

Here is what I'm curious about. They don't mention Missouri in there, so let's assume that so far Nebraska is the only invite and the only one to have accepted. If ND doesn't go and Missouri doesn't get an invite, will there still be massive realignment, or does the Big XII and the Big X just trade places - one now has 12 and the other 11? Or does the Pac-10 move in and does all hell break loose?

"With the first shift in conference expansion taking place, most college football analysts expect more to occur soon. There is outside interest in adding Missouri to the Big Ten, and the talks regarding Notre Dame has picked up again."

HA HA. That has to be getting under Mizzou's skin.. Us getting invited first. :nutz

Here is what I'm curious about. They don't mention Missouri in there, so let's assume that so far Nebraska is the only invite and the only one to have accepted. If ND doesn't go and Missouri doesn't get an invite, will there still be massive realignment, or does the Big XII and the Big X just trade places - one now has 12 and the other 11? Or does the Pac-10 move in and does all hell break loose?

I think they will wait to see what happens with the Big12 and if it actually falls apart. If not i think they stay at 12 for the time being and explore more expansion options at their own pace.

"With the first shift in conference expansion taking place, most college football analysts expect more to occur soon. There is outside interest in adding Missouri to the Big Ten, and the talks regarding Notre Dame has picked up again."

HA HA. That has to be getting under Mizzou's skin.. Us getting invited first.

I had read/heard some time ago that ND really wanted Missouri to be a part of the expansion IF they were to join. I don't recall the reasoning so I apologize. IF that is the case; THEN I really like the maneuvering by the Big Ten brass to continue (what appears) to corner ND and not beg. IF ND decides in the long run to not join the Big Ten, then they're doomed. And I pray that that is the way it plays out!

HA HA. That has to be getting under Mizzou's skin.. Us getting invited first.

I had read/heard some time ago that ND really wanted Missouri to be a part of the expansion IF they were to join. I don't recall the reasoning so I apologize. IF that is the case; THEN I really like the maneuvering by the Big Ten brass to continue (what appears) to corner ND and not beg. IF ND decides in the long run to not join the Big Ten, then they're doomed. And I pray that that is the way it plays out!

Nebraska is the first to force Texas' hand. If Texas takes its ball and heads west, the Big 10 will then pluck MU at least and they will seek expansion out to 16 with ND being the last piece. The more the dominoes fall into place, ND may have no choice but to join, especially if the Big East is dissolved and they have no place to park their other sports. If this first shot has been fired, I liken this to Archduke Ferdinand being killed in 1914 to kick WWI into high gear. All holy hell is about to let loose.

Nebraska is the first to force Texas' hand. If Texas takes its ball and heads west, the Big 10 will then pluck MU at least and they will seek expansion out to 16 with ND being the last piece. The more the dominoes fall into place, ND may have no choice but to join, especially if the Big East is dissolved and they have no place to park their other sports. If this first shot has been fired, I liken this to Archduke Ferdinand being killed in 1914 to kick WWI into high gear. All holy hell is about to let loose.

Very nice analogy! :thumbs:

I'll just liken ND to France in this situation, and pray that they piss themselves looking for allies. :D