REAL reason CU isn't bailing out of B-12

just speculator fun but read something the other day that claimed that the reasons CU was dropped from the whole PAC-10 senario is that they are.... wait for it

too BROKE to leave the BIG-12 and can't afford the 9- 10 million fee

broke it down that the school couldn't afford to buy out Hawkins 3 million contract and isn't able to pay the 9-10 million exit fee to leave from the Big-12...

while problaly not true its been the weak of rumors tales lies and exagerations so i thought i would post my own.......

now prove me wrong

:koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2: :koolaid2:

IMHUO...the Pac 10 doesn't want anymore schools with problems (USC, Oregon, etc). Colorado right now brings with it a ton of baggage. It's the atypical "Distance Distorts Beauty" affect. From a distance Colorado looks hot but when you get up closer you realize they fell out of the ugly tree, hit every branch on the way down then climbed back up for more.

maybe this had a little to do with it. :dunno

Colorado and Syracuse were the only power conference schools to make the list in the three highest-profile sports -- football or men's and women's basketball. The men's basketball teams at both schools and the Colorado football team all were sanctioned for falling short of the NCAA's Academic Progress Rate cutline of 925.

Read More: http://sportsillustr...p#ixzz0qO4VmLVv

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I heard someone I work with say if 8 of the 12 teams vote in favor, the exit penalty can be waived.

That might mark the first time Nebraska and Texas vote the same since this conference started. They're not going to want to pay a penalty to the remainder of the conference if they bolt for the Pac-10 any more than we want to pay that penalty.

How would a dead conference collect the funds.

This sounds like a mass exodus, it still all depends on Notre Dame, but it is getting closer it seems.

If We leave, Texas, A&M, Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma how could they call it the big 12 and who would fill the slots.

My guess is is if this starts there will be no pay offs for any member leaving.

The idea that CU can't afford to buy out Hawkins' contract is pretty much a no-brainer. At least that was the rumor that seemed to be swirling around for a little while. Honestly, if the 8 out of 11 in favor deal is true, I can't see any of the schools voting in favor of having to pay the exit penalty save for Texas just out of spite to NU.