Texas has been reached for comment

Stay Classy guys.... ? Glad you find out about the ruin of a 100 years of tradition and partnership and came up with this...

If you think Texas is crying, you are daft. You guys are starting to sound like you have an inferiority complex. I am sure you don't speak for most of Husker Nation, because Husker fans I know have more class than that, and I guess I can leave it at that.

+1 You're right Jayhawk, it is very sad to see our relationship with Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and possilby Missouri end. The orginal big 8 teams were the only advantage the big 12 had over jumping ship. The awfulness of Texas, atleast for me, is enough to make me want out.

I do agree that we have shown been a little cocky since the news launched, however it is mainly just excitement over the new opportunities.

Stay Classy guys.... ? Glad you find out about the ruin of a 100 years of tradition and partnership and came up with this...

If you think Texas is crying, you are daft. You guys are starting to sound like you have an inferiority complex. I am sure you don't speak for most of Husker Nation, because Husker fans I know have more class than that, and I guess I can leave it at that.

No, I agree with this. This sucks and is a bittersweet moment however you slice it. Even if it's financially better for us in the long run, that's a lot of tradition we are giving up on to try to forge new ones.

We have a freakin' long-standing series against Kansas, and I would like to continue to enjoy the privilege of kicking their asses every year :) (No hard feelings, lately that hasn't even been true)...and if it doesn't work out that way, it at least deserves a shed tear.

Chip Brown for Orangebloods.com says, Texas coaches said "they did everything they could to save the Big 12 but was unsuccessful."

I don't know about you, but I am calling BS on that.

Ditto

word! oh yeah, like they cared that the Husker vs Sooner annual tilt was pushed aside. I don't have any love for tejas longfarts... I'm sooo glad the Huskers are leaving.. good riddence Big XII!

Instead of supporting Texas, KU and all others should have supported NU. Had they done that - none of this would be happening. None of this is on NU's shoulders.

Absolutely correct. This is strictly a business decision on everyone's part. Fox TV and the west coast teams wanted to put together a large conference quickly if the Big 12 fell apart. Hence, the ultimatum.

Nebraska will do fine in the Big (whatever it's called).

And I can assure you....there's no crying tonight here in Austin.

No, I agree with this. This sucks and is a bittersweet moment however you slice it. Even if it's financially better for us in the long run, that's a lot of tradition we are giving up on to try to forge new ones.

We have a freakin' long-standing series against Kansas, and I would like to continue to enjoy the privilege of kicking their asses every year :) (No hard feelings, lately that hasn't even been true)...and if it doesn't work out that way, it at least deserves a shed tear.

I don't feel sorry for any of our (former) big 12 stooges who had plenty of opportunity to side with Nebraska when it came to texas pushing its agenda down the throats of everyone in the north.. Beebe can kma....good luck with being unemployed there donny!

+1 You're right Jayhawk, it is very sad to see our relationship with Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and possilby Missouri end. The orginal big 8 teams were the only advantage the big 12 had over jumping ship. The awfulness of Texas, atleast for me, is enough to make me want out.

I do agree that we have shown been a little cocky since the news launched, however it is mainly just excitement over the new opportunities.

The NU - OU relationship, one of the best in all of athletics at all levels, was pretty eliminated yet the conference and it's programs didn't care about that.

This does hurt Texas. They ruled the roost in a powerful conference. Wherever they land, they'll likely have to give up the bully tactic and there's nothing that Texas likes better than to be a bully. Now all that's left to do is to beat Texas and win the Big 12 title before riding off into the sunset...

This does hurt Texas. They ruled the roost in a powerful conference. Wherever they land, they'll likely have to give up the bully tactic and there's nothing that Texas likes better than to be a bully. Now all that's left to do is to beat Texas and win the Big 12 title before riding off into the sunset...

My gosh, follow the money trail. Texas is the one riding off into the sunset with a truckload of Fox TV cash for a sweetheart TV deal as part of the Pac 16, or whatever it's called. It'll still be the 500 pound gorilla, just of one half of a conference.

Stop whining about bullies and look where the money's going. That's why Nebraska is bailing. That's why the Big 12 south is bailing (less Baylor). It's not personal....it's business.

The West Coast Teams are not going to take Texas' normal bullying behavior. Texas, in the Pac-10, will just be one of the boys. The Horror!

USC, UCLA, Oregon and maybe now the Dawgs don't really need the Horns........I sure do hope the Okies land right....

RR

The awfulness of Texas, atleast for me, is enough to make me want out.

That's my feeling as well. The possibility that the entire southern division of the big 12 may be invited to the pac-10 while only Nebraska and Missouri were / are being considered for the big 10 says a lot about the balance of power in the big 12. The spirit of the old big 8 is dead, everyone knows this has been the Texas + others conference since day one. The fact that we could never get an annual game with Oklahoma was a travesty for fans of both teams and why I never liked the big 12.

I'll really miss road trips to Manhattan, Lawrence and Ames but life goes on. And I do hope that if the big 12 falls apart over this that the former north schools find a suitable conference and we can still play a few non-conference games with old rivals. It's also worth considering that this may be better for everyone in the conference football wise. The north programs that have struggled year after year may be more competitive in another conference and find their way to more bowls.

Soooooo, if KU was in the same position, you are telling me they would turn down this offer? Get over it.

You seem to think this should be about being loyal, so then I would ask, why werent the jayhawks ever loyal to NU when they needed some help with votes? Hell, are you trying to tell me that Bill Self doesnt bring in "prop 48" guys on that basketball team? I know he does, I am an illini fan for basketball and guess what, he got his "prop 48ers" in there somehow.

You are mad because you are going to end up playing in some weird conference, tough break. Bill Self is going to leave KU within the next few months or if you are lucky after this basketball season. He is pissed about this and will be taking off to coach Texas (if Rick Barnes doesnt get his act together) or Arizona, where they are dying for a guy like Self.

So in the end, you lost your conference because you never bothered to help NU and now you will lose your basketball coach because he is pissed.

What sucks is that we allowed Texas to be in a position to pull this crap and ruin the long standing relationships we had with the old Big 8 teams. What sucks is that those same teams didn't back Nebraska and stood with Texas. This conference could have saved a lot of money and just had the "conference meetings" at Texas - and oh, btw, nobody else really needed to show up since they weren't going to have any say anyway, just receive their ultimatum from Beebe, and Texas.

Sorry, but I don't feel bad about moving on to something better, because the Big XII was really starting to suck. So if you want to throw rocks, throw them to the south.