Iowa State

How does ISU make it through the crucible? They are ranked basically the same academically as Iowa (less liberal arts, more science) and have a good basketball team and sort of competent football team. It would be cool if they were one of the teams added to the Big (X+Z). I think, geographically speaking, they would bring more spirit to the Western expanse of the conference since fans would be traveling more frequently within the Nebraska/Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin area.

How does ISU make it through the crucible? They are ranked basically the same academically as Iowa (less liberal arts, more science) and have a good basketball team and sort of competent football team. It would be cool if they were one of the teams added to the Big (X+Z). I think, geographically speaking, they would bring more spirit to the Western expanse of the conference since fans would be traveling more frequently within the Nebraska/Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin area.

Be careful, or you will have some politician pull a Texas/Texas A&M on you, and pass legislation that they have to be in the same conference together...

Seriously though, it does kind of strike me as odd, but then ISU honestly has not really offered up that much in the past. Recently they had made strides in sports, but I think that was due to the cuts in scholarships and the parity that it brought.

I don't see any way, shape or form that the ISU Cyclones make it in. The same would hold true for KSU IF the Big Ten slumingly went after KU.

Huh? Good basketball? Competent football?

But ISUs biggest problem is that the B10 already owns Iowa. What little media is Iowa is already in the Hawkeyes backpocket. Increasing revenue with the BTN wouldn't happen at all. (Kinda the same with Pittsburgh)

Huh? Good basketball? Competent football?

But ISUs biggest problem is that the B10 already owns Iowa. What little media is Iowa is already in the Hawkeyes backpocket. Increasing revenue with the BTN wouldn't happen at all. (Kinda the same with Pittsburgh)

Well, not Spartan-grade basketball, but they were in the tournament and certainly a good team as the next. By "competent", I just mean that they were a member of a main conference, albeit a minor member. It is not like inviting Appalachian State, as much as I would like to.

I hate to say it like this...but who gives a **** about Iowa St?

How soon they forget!!

uh...

many of you did in Lincoln just a matter of months ago.

I think there is still an "L" next to that game on your 2009 calendar. :LOLtartar

That game was a fluke by anybody's standards. One fluke win against a relevant team does not make you a relevant team...

More like 4 flukes since, as I recall, the Clones won in football, twice in basketball and in wrestling against the Huskers last year. I think you took us in men's gymnastics though...

Or was it eight flukes as in the eight seperate times you turned the ball over against our "pathetic" defense while your mighty defense forced, what, ZERO turnovers against ISU's second string QB who was starting his first college game ever?

Meanwhile...with the ranking member of the Senate finance committee as a fan of ISU and who has mentioned taking away college football's tax exempt status if you piss him off enough and with a sitting president who likes Iowa because it gave him his first primary win and paved the way for him to ruin the country, ISU is money in the bank.