USC Gets a 2 Year Bowl Ban

The NCAA handed USC a 3 year bowl ban and at least 20 football schollarship penaltiy after a 4 year investigation. The NCAA has not commented publicly yet, but this is the peliminary penalties. There will probably be more, but this is what is known at this time.

The recruits that were flip floping and went to USC are paying the toll for that decision now. WOW! I can't say, I didn't see it comming or that it is unjust to deal out the sanctions, but to have it actually and finally happen is a little unreal. Who thinks this may help a few recruits make there decisions??? And will it help the Big Red?

Get the story here.

Nobody knows, for sure. We should know more later today when the NCAA lays out the full list of sactions. There may be and probably will be huge changes happening. I've heard there will be an option for free transfers for the recruits that committed and are attending for the last couple years??

So on the reduction penalty: How does it actually affect the guys who are already playing? Do they have to shave a bunch of kids already on the team, or is it just the ones moving forward in the coming seasons?

I think they lose 10 scollies a year for the next 3 years. 2011, 2012 & 2013. 30 total. Lame Kiffin made it sound like their class is complete for 2011 and they won't be taking anymore. This will be appealed but I don't this being overturned.

The NCAA handed USC a 3 year bowl ban and at least 20 football schollarship penaltiy after a 4 year investigation. The NCAA has not commented publicly yet, but this is the peliminary penalties. There will probably be more, but this is what is known at this time.

The recruits that were flip floping and went to USC are paying the toll for that decision now. WOW! I can't say, I didn't see it comming or that it is unjust to deal out the sanctions, but to have it actually and finally happen is a little unreal. Who thinks this may help a few recruits make there decisions??? And will it help the Big Red?

Get the story here.

Transferring juniors, seniors can play - w/o penalty...

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5275644

How about a WR or even a QB?

Ronald Johnson? Jr. from MI...

Get the story here.

Transferring juniors, seniors can play - w/o penalty...

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5275644

How about a WR or even a QB?

Ronald Johnson? Jr. from MI...

Schools can actually initiate contact with their junior/senior players. We can flat out poach anyone we want and USC can do nothing about it. Lets go get Mitch Mustain :lol: