Colorado Rivalry? Can We Finally Put It To Bed

I am saving all my piss between now and Thanksgiving 2011...lol It will make one hell of a piss bomb...

Without Colorado beating NU in 2007 we still might have Callahan and Cosgrove running the show and no Big Ten invite to look forward to.

For that CU should have our gratitude.

I am saving all my piss between now and Thanksgiving 2011...lol It will make one hell of a piss bomb...

Without Colorado beating NU in 2007 we still might have Callahan and Cosgrove running the show and no Big Ten invite to look forward to.

For that CU should have our gratitude.

lol

The only sour note about today is that Talkins is still our coach...

Hey Double B good to see you posting again. Been thinking about you the last couple of weeks. How's the oil spill treating you?

I have stopped patronizing BP stations. I for one will miss our Fri. after TG game. I also hope you will continue to hang out on HB real college FB fans are always good to hear from.

T_O_B

:cheers:cheers:cheers

Yeah, even though the rivalry thing is a stretch, you have to admit that CU played us closer than they should have for several years there. They gave us a pretty good game last year. Even though they really sucked for most of the year.

They played us tougher than many of us will admit for decades.

Low life fans or not, I wish them well in the Pac10 (or whatever it is). Good luck Buffs!

Yeah, even though the rivalry thing is a stretch, you have to admit that CU played us closer than they should have for several years there. They gave us a pretty good game last year. Even though they really sucked for most of the year.

They played us tougher than many of us will admit for decades.

Low life fans or not, I wish them well in the Pac10 (or whatever it is). Good luck Buffs!

Agreed, bshirt.

They remind me of Iowa State sometimes, poor consistency, but they play up to their competition (us).

My buddy sent me a text yesterday when he found out CU was going to the Left Coast League.

He said, "If CU leaves, what happens to the rivalry with Neb?"

I replied, "What rivalry?"

I still haven't heard from him! :lol:

My buddy sent me a text yesterday when he found out CU was going to the Left Coast League.

He said, "If CU leaves, what happens to the rivalry with Neb?"

I replied, "What rivalry?"

I still haven't heard from him! :lol:

Classic! :laughpound

Colorado fans just don't seem to understand that it's a one way rivalry, no matter how many times you tell them. :facepalm:

I think the little brother in these so called "rivalries" always thinks its more of a rivalry than it is. I had a 2 page argument on CycloneFanatic with a clone fan who thought that the Iowa-ISU rivalry was "even", despite the 22-11 Iowa record. I wonder how they feel about their "rivalry" with CSU.

Hey Double B good to see you posting again. Been thinking about you the last couple of weeks. How's the oil spill treating you?

I have stopped patronizing BP stations. I for one will miss our Fri. after TG game. I also hope you will continue to hang out on HB real college FB fans are always good to hear from.

T_O_B

The oil spill is the equivalent of god taking a giant crap in the Gulf of Mexico. My sales are down 65% each day and this is the time of year that we get our summer tourists which basically pay for the bills come January. So unless BP does make good on its claims, which I doubt, I will be lucky to be employed come fall. Such is life I guess. As for not patronizing BP stations, I would ask for any of you to actually spend money at BP gas stations, the reason being is that any boycott that becomes effective can have the ability to cut BP's cash flow. I do not want BP to come out and say that they no longer have the money to clean up and compensate us.

Anyhow back to football, yes I will miss our game, but this is a great move for Colorado and a great move for you guys to go to the Big 10. It was nice to see Colorado to make the top story on ESPN that was positive because god knows we have seen some negatives lately. So I am excited and I think the west coast exposure for us will really help bounce us back to where I feel we belong. This move coupled with the USC probation can give us a shot in the arm.

T_O_B

The oil spill is the equivalent of god taking a giant crap in the Gulf of Mexico. My sales are down 65% each day and this is the time of year that we get our summer tourists which basically pay for the bills come January. So unless BP does make good on its claims, which I doubt, I will be lucky to be employed come fall. Such is life I guess. As for not patronizing BP stations, I would ask for any of you to actually spend money at BP gas stations, the reason being is that any boycott that becomes effective can have the ability to cut BP's cash flow. I do not want BP to come out and say that they no longer have the money to clean up and compensate us.

Anyhow back to football, yes I will miss our game, but this is a great move for Colorado and a great move for you guys to go to the Big 10. It was nice to see Colorado to make the top story on ESPN that was positive because god knows we have seen some negatives lately. So I am excited and I think the west coast exposure for us will really help bounce us back to where I feel we belong. This move coupled with the USC probation can give us a shot in the arm.

This is the same thing I have been advocating, it just makes sense.

Long time lurker around big12 spots, especially this Cornhuskers forum. I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the many great memories between these two teams, and good luck to you all in the future. The rivalry has slid into a pile of crap over the past 5-8 years as our teams fought through cruddy coaches but I remember growing up and watching as our teams went undefeated most seasons on a collision course the day after Thanksgiving. Those were some classic battles, one's that assisted in defining the Big 8 as one of the pre-eminent conferences in the country.

I think the Big 10 is a great fit for you guys and although it's easy to have a dislike for anything red and white, I sincerely hope you guys have much success in your new conference and i'll privately be pulling for you all to do well... in honor of the old big 8 of course. Nebraska vs. Iowa games are going to be Slobberknockers! ha ha.

While I wish we could keep the tradition going, I understand the schools must go their seperate ways. It does excite me to think that eventually there could be a Rose Bowl Pairing between these two, should the stars align and we ever fire Dan Hawkins. ha ha. That would be fun.

Once again, thanks and congrats to the Cornhuskers, a quality rival even Buff fan could be proud of.

With us supposedly joining the Big 10 tomorrow, I'm sure our future schedules will not include games with out current Big 12 members (I'm sure Dr. Tom would probably avoid putting teams like Colorado, Oklahoma on our OOC schedule as in-conference games are tough enough). What I am asking is this: With our move to the Big 10, is the annual CU/NU post-Thanksgiving day game done? Can we now finally forget about Colorado?

HELL YES!

Colowho?

As I said elsewhere this is one of the reasons I'm dancing on the ceiling today. That stupid assumed "rivalry" was one of the tyhings that made me HATE the Big 12 with every ounce of soul I could muster. Now the BJ12 is dead. DEAD. And Thank GOD for it.

No offense meant to CU fans, I never hated the Buffs, but I did hate the imposed rivalry. and the conference. I hope all of you are much happier in the PAC 10. For me, it all can just go away now. Sorry to not play KU and Mizzou and so forth, but so be it. Hopefully we see them as nonconference from time to time. I hope we can finally get OU as an annual game again. Other than that so be it.

I think we'll have a great run in the Big Ten for the next several Decades. I like big Ten fans better than Big 12 fans overall, and it's very cool being in a league that has number 1,(Michigan) , #4 (Nebraska), #5 (Ohio State) and #6 (Penn State) All time in it. Very Cool. 4 of the top 7 all time teams. Make it 5 as soon as Notre Dame comes in. Or 4 of the top 5. Pretty amazing if you think about it. :bonez

BHR