UT, A&M Petition Big10 for Inclusion

TexasAg

I hope this happens. Yeah Texas is arrogant but you can't deny they are good for us. We can maintain our recruiting base in Texas as well as get more money and more academic prestige. They won't rule the roost in this league, therefore eliminating our main problem with them. Also, it strengthens the Big 10 rather than allow it to be dwarfed by the SEC or Pac-16. I love this.

I hope this happens. Yeah Texas is arrogant but you can't deny they are good for us. We can maintain our recruiting base in Texas as well as get more money and more academic prestige. They won't rule the roost in this league, therefore eliminating our main problem with them. Also, it strengthens the Big 10 rather than allow it to be dwarfed by the SEC or Pac-16. I love this.

I wouldn't be against it either for the same reasons you listed. Just set your ego aside and accept your position as an equal member and we'll all get along just fine.

Someone from Red Raider sports is on 1620 right now claiming the report of Texas wanting to go to the BIG 10 is false.

I think it is bb's last ditch effort to screw the pooch er, deal and keep his job, er, big 12 viable. NU turns down Big (X+n) because they are afraid of the big bad Texass

(just hoping the the SEC picks up Clemson...)

Clemson would raise the academic acumen of that league immensely.

Agreed. But more than anything, I just don't wanna be left behind...

This is what i was thinking as well. Wouldn't it be something if all of this talk of Nebraska to the Big 10 was a ruse, so that Texas would freak and want to join the Big 10 so they would not be left out. The Big 10 says yes to Texas and then no to Nebraska. Probably not likely, but if true it would be quite shrewd on the part of the Big 10.