UT, A&M Petition Big10 for Inclusion

TexasAg

Texas to the Pac 10 equals nice weather. Texas to the SEC equals nice weather. Texas to the Big 10 equals shared revenue that Texas hates and they would have to play Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State in colder weather conditions where DeLoss Dodds tatters just might freeze and fall off.

Texas to the Pac 10 equals nice weather. Texas to the SEC equals nice weather. Texas to the Big 10 equals shared revenue that Texas hates and they would have to play Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State in colder weather conditions where DeLoss Dodds tatters just might freeze and fall off.

With the ego they have, you're not thinking that they would be scared to play these teams on a regular basis? I just can't see that happening.

The best part of this report is that Okie U is f'd in the dark moist place. There is some bizarre stuff out there right now. My bet is that Texas would be petitioning to strike a better deal with the PAC-10. It's a classic poker game going on. Who's going to blink?

SUPERBUNNY

How do you feel about that possibility TexasAg?

Personally I would like to move to the SEC. But I would love the change to the BIG 10 also. I hate moving to the PAC 10, buut anything is better than the BIG 12.

I think being with you guys in the BIG 10 would be great!

At the risk of transforming this into another Texas skirmish, let me tell you what's being reported here in Austin, and not just on orangebloods.com.

Our understanding is that if A&M chooses to head east, then UT has informed them that the rivalry will be over and that it will be many, many years before the two schools meet again. While this may not seem like a big deal to many of the folks here, you have to remember that even A&M's fight song is focused toward Texas, and ours mentions them. That's the kind of rivalry this has been. It would be a tragedy if this relationship were severed due to a Gene Stallings temper tantrum.

The slightly more wild report is that the Pac 10 does NOT want to wait (and the same goes for the other Texas and Okie schools) on A&M to take 30 days to make up its mind.

So it's likely this will be settled next week. If A&M decides to head East, then Kansas would be next on the Pac 10's shopping list. The Okies and Tech have hitched their wagons to Texas' horses.

As for the Big 10, the Kansas City TV station has had its clock cleaned by someone in the Big 10. The Big 10 is nowhere on the radar as far as anyone in Texas or Oklahoma is concerned. Period.

That from the UT athletic department, off the record.

The big money for Texas is out west. Not in the rust belt, not in Dixie.

Personally, I'm betting that A&M is dragged west, kicking and screaming. The Governor here, Rick Perry, is a former A&M Yell Leader (their cheerleader). He is committed to keeping both schools in the same conference.

TexasAg, tell me if I'm wrong in any of what I'm about to say.

No school in the country holds its traditions in such high esteem as does Texas A&M University. Perhaps the greatest A&M tradition is that they strap it on, put on the jockstraps, and (at least attempt to) "BEAT THE HELL OUTTA t.u.!" If A&M turns their back on THAT tradition, in favor of the SEC, then what IS Texas A&M? I don't get it, please explain.

I DO get one thing...if you travel the Brazos bottomland that surrounds College Station/Bryan, then drive a hundred miles southwest to Austin, it does indeed feel like you've been to two different countries. The rolling southern cotton fields, black farmland and the "My Country Right or Wrong" attitude of Aggieland gives way to rolling hills, the 24/7 party that is Sixth Street and hard-core Democrat values of Austin. There's no doubt that in culture, A&M is closer to the South...and U.T. is certainly closer to the West Coast.

As soon as Nebraska and Missouri gave the first impression that they were ready to bolt the Big 12, Texas took that opportunity to turn its back on the conference. Now, A&M may try to turn its back on the 100 year rivalry/relationship that is A&M/UT. Y'know, there IS kind of a symmetry here. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but Texas, OU, OSU and Texas Tech are headed west. If A&M isn't ready to follow, then I'm sure Kansas would be only the first of a list that would gladly accept an invitation.

Personally I would like to move to the SEC. But I would love the change to the BIG 10 also. I hate moving to the PAC 10, buut anything is better than the BIG 12.

At the risk of transforming this into another Texas skirmish, let me tell you what's being reported here in Austin, and not just on orangebloods.com.

Our understanding is that if A&M chooses to head east, then UT has informed them that the rivalry will be over and that it will be many, many years before the two schools meet again. While this may not seem like a big deal to many of the folks here, you have to remember that even A&M's fight song is focused toward Texas, and ours mentions them. That's the kind of rivalry this has been. It would be a tragedy if this relationship were severed due to a Gene Stallings temper tantrum.

The slightly more wild rumor is that the Pac 10 does NOT want to wait (and the same goes for the other Texas and Okie schools) on A&M to take 30 days to make up its mind.

So it's likely this will be settled next week. If A&M decides to head East, then Kansas would next on the Pac 10's shopping list. The Okies and Tech have hitched their wagons to Texas' horses.

As for the Big 10, the Kansas City TV station has had its clock cleaned by someone in the Big 10. The Big 10 is nowhere on the radar as far as anyone in Texas or Oklahoma is concerned. Period.

Kansas better be praying and hoping hard that TAMU decides to go east.

The slightly more wild report is that the Pac 10 does NOT want to wait (and the same goes for the other Texas and Okie schools) on A&M to take 30 days to make up its mind.

So it's likely this will be settled next week. If A&M decides to head East, then Kansas would be next on the Pac 10's shopping list. The Okies and Tech have hitched their wagons to Texas' horses.

Of course not. There's no way for Texas to throw its weight around in the decision making process of the Big 10. Why would they go where they can't run the show?

Of course not. There's no way for Texas to throw its weight around in the decision making process of the Big 10. Why would they go where they can't run the show?

So what if the Big 10 decides on say a Missouri? Or would you be more inclinded to go after Kansas? Basically an even steven deal as far as football. But adding KU basketball would be huge. I don't see the St Louis tv market with Missouri tipping the scales. They are like Colorado and the Denver market. They still don't sell out their little stadiums in football...

Just to throw it out there, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Powers does not have DeLoss in on the process. Thus, the AD could be in the dark on the matter.

Interesting thought, but it would be very atypical. In the past, they've been joined at the hip and were Powers to go around the AD, Dodds would be gone. I'd bet a month's pay that's not happening, for it's Dodds that's made Texas the athletic powerhouse it is.

As of today, that's actually a very valid question. With the emasculation of the USC football program today, Texas will find itself the big dog in the new conference. That's one more reason that Kansas TV station is full of crap.

Nebraska's football success is not tied to Texas being in their conference. That's pure, unsubstantiated BS. A point in fact is that NU was far more successful throughout the decades when Texas wasn't in their conference. Don't be mesmerized by the BS that Texas is the key to our success. They're a cancer to any conference they join. The Big 8 would still be alive and well if it never handed the keys to those pricks. I don't feel the least bit sorry for KU and the rest of the league leftovers either. Their vindictive attitude towards NU when the Big 12 was formed has come back to bite them right in the arse. Good riddance to the collective lot, and keep those Texas pricks out of the Big 10. Let them travel 1,500 miles to their conference games. Go suck the life out of the PAC 10. That's the PG version of how I REALLY feel.

Nebraska's football success is not tied to Texas being in their conference.

Sigh.

Well, at least we can agree on that. Only a fool would say that Nebraska's program isn't on the upswing. I'm sure that it is about to see far better days than it ever did with the Big 12 which, I will predict, will soon be known as "the dark ages".

As for the rest of your little rant, well, have a great life in Wisconsin.