UT, A&M Petition Big10 for Inclusion

TexasAg

Nebraska's football success is not tied to Texas being in their conference.

Sigh.

Well, at least we can agree on that. Only a fool would say that Nebraska's program isn't on the upswing and that it is about to see better days than it ever did with the Big 12 which, I will predict, will be known in the History of Nebraska Football as "the dark ages".

As for the rest of your little rant, well, have a great life in Wisconsin.

Are you insinuating that life in Wisconsin is somehow "less" than a state that swelters like the devil's arse crack? My dear sir, people do come here to vacation, fish, hunt, and enjoy our friendly culture--and just try snowmobiling in Austin sometime in January. :)

I think part of the reason we are hearing this Texas to the Big Ten banter is because that Texas has already been slapped in the face. They sure didn't get their way with the Baylor deal. Larry Scott has pretty much let it be known with that move that the Horns will not be in charge. And I did vacation in Wisconsin. The Dells are cool(touristy but the history is good). And to all you Husker fans planning a trip to Madison. Take an extra day and go to the House on the Rocks. It's near Green Springs I believe. We planned on 2 hours, took 5.

Are you insinuating that life in Wisconsin is somehow "less" than a state that swelters like the devil's arse crack? My dear sir, people do come here to vacation, fish, hunt, and enjoy our friendly culture--and just try snowmobiling in Austin sometime in January. :)

OK, I was a little cold there, apologies to everyone who loves WI. :worship

And indeed, snowmobiles don't sell well in Austin in January. We're too busy standing around the barbecue pit in shorts, pounding down cold ones! :snacks:

But as for Texas getting "slapped back", please tell me which conference....for real now....wouldn't bend over backwards to have a cash machine like UT-Austin in its back pocket. Don't let your emotions rule your head when considering who might go where. The money continues to talk. When Texas hinted it might head for the Pac10, there was a good reason OU, OSU and Tech pulled up stakes. And Baylor cried as it was thrown off the bus.

I don't know what I think about Texas in the new conference. From what I read on all the sports sites it sounds like Texas likes being the "alpha dog." If in fact this report is true Delaney should make em wait it out just to send the message that no one school in the conference is going to be calling the shots. If they feel they are too important to sit back, be patient and go through the proper vetting process then so be it. Let em go to the Pac 10. I for one would be fine only adding Nebraska. I'm not saying I don't want Texas at all--the Big Ten would certainly be a megaconference--but at what price is the question.

I ain't got no dog in the Texas to the PAC 10, or ATM to the SEC fight, however the absolute BEST thing ATM can do is to go to the SEC. You heard it here first. For the first time they can get out from underneath that shadow and be their own school.

Dollar Bill should call that Texas bluff every day of the week about them not playing each other. That's a bad joke.

Furthermore in institution like Texas AM, why would you go some where where you didn't want to go??? If the school doesn't want it, the fans don't want it, you have another option you love, is it that hard of a decision???

If/when Nebraska goes to the Big 10, I have no problem with Texas and Texas A&M following. While many think UT ran things in the Big 12, the Big 10 has plenty of other schools that are strong. Their attitude is more cooperative. Do you really think Texas would be able to run things with the likes of Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State in the conference? Having moved to Austin from the East coast, I've been fortunate to have seen the Huskers play at UT and Baylor multiple times. I want to continue to see the Huskers play in Texas, but ultimately, I want what's best for the Huskers. Thank you Directv because you have the Big 10 network. Go Big Red!

I really can't understand why everyone is so fired up over this "report" that Texas is Big 10 bound. First of all, I thought Nebraska was dying to get away from Texas, for hundred reasons. Second, let us not forget that the Pac 10 was Texas' first choice when the old SWC was destroyed by the school that shall not be named.

Don't believe everything you hear out of Kansas City, folks.

I thought the SWC imploded because of rampant cheating and the resulting sanctions by the NCAA. I'm pretty sure Texas was one of the schools caught cheating.

IIRC every school except for Baylor had sanctions. Maybe Baylor's sole conference championship came by default?

I really can't understand why everyone is so fired up over this "report" that Texas is Big 10 bound. First of all, I thought Nebraska was dying to get away from Texas, for hundred reasons. Second, let us not forget that the Pac 10 was Texas' first choice when the old SWC was destroyed by the school that shall not be named.

Don't believe everything you hear out of Kansas City, folks.

I think what Nebraska is dying to get away from is the Texas ego. I know your not going to join the Big 10 but if you were things would not be so Texas centric.

The part that is hard for me is that NU is now on the upswing and we have a good chance of redemption for some of those losses to UT.

I thought the SWC imploded because of rampant cheating and the resulting sanctions by the NCAA. I'm pretty sure Texas was one of the schools caught cheating.

IIRC every school except for Baylor had sanctions. Maybe Baylor's sole conference championship came by default?

I'm trying to dig up some info as this made me curious. Looks like Baylor, Rice, and possibly Arkansas were the only clean teams.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/378202-how-the-texas-longhorns-diminished-college-football-in-texas

I am not crazy about this idea...and isn't it Texas that wants to have their own TV network, so how would that work out with the Big 10 Network with revenue sharing?

To be honest, the only reason I believe that they are doing this is because of the sanctions levied against USC today. I am thinking maybe the PAC 10 isn't looking so glamorous now.

I'm trying to dig up some info as this made me curious. Looks like Baylor, Rice, and possibly Arkansas were the only clean teams.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/378202-how-the-texas-longhorns-diminished-college-football-in-texas

Yea, at that point in time everyone in the SWC had something against them. The worst by far was SMU and we see where its football program is today. What happened in a nutshell to the old SWC was that the school that shall not be named bolted to the SEC. The remaining schools found that they didn't (at that time, at least) have enough eyeballs glued to TV sets to warrant a decent TV package. Hence, the joining with the next door Big 8. If anyone has a different story, I'd love to hear it.

I am not crazy about this idea...and isn't it Texas that wants to have their own TV network, so how would that work out with the Big 10 Network with revenue sharing?

To be honest, the only reason I believe that they are doing this is because of the sanctions levied against USC today. I am thinking maybe the PAC 10 isn't looking so glamorous now.

It appears that membership in the new Pac whatever conference would be lucrative enough to make up for the lack of a Longhorn TV network.