reality setting in

Well we did play arizona last year, who beat USC, who slapped Ohio State around (in columbus) and made them look like a bunch of girls...

you can youtube the highlights of that game if you search '2009 Holiday bowl.'

I'm pretty sure Ohio state beat iowa, penn state AND mechicken

Seriously, why does everyone in the big10 have such an erection for michigan? Even clownahan beat them. sheesh!

Well we know you did NOT watch the Ohio State/USC game last year! 18-15 winning on a last minute drive...yeah that's HARDLY slapping someone around like a little bunch of girls. USC took it to us big time in the 2008 matchup when they beat us at the coliseum 35-3 but anyone who knows football knows USC didn't dominate last years game whatsoever. That game was lost by Tressel with his "kick a FG instead of scoring TD's" theory while Carroll went on 4th downs regardless of the placement. You might wanna get level headed and not become like Michigan fans who thought it was their' right of passage just because of the name of the University. Cause if you think you're coming in the Big Ten and just gonna own teams like Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan(if they improve) then you got a serious rude awakening coming. These aren't no doormat teams. I know plenty of Husker fans who aren't thinking in this type of light and to them i say "Welcome to the Big Ten" and i'm esctatic for the future of this conference with Nebraska joining. Hopefully Mizzou, Kansas, and ND come join too...i hope

Sorry to break it to you, but your slow players will have no chance against our speed, your defenses will have no stopping power because you will have to play one linebacker all the time. Second off try to score a touchdown against Bo Pelini, just see how hard it is when you face about 4 third downs on every drive. Welcome to the BigNebraska conferencek, and yes there are doormat teams in the league it will just be hard to realize your one of them. HA. Ok that may have been harsh, its all in good fun, don't take me to seriously.

Well we did play arizona last year, who beat USC, who slapped Ohio State around (in columbus) and made them look like a bunch of girls...

Seriously, why does everyone in the big10 have such an erection for michigan? Even clownahan beat them. sheesh!

Well we know you did NOT watch the Ohio State/USC game last year! 18-15 winning on a last minute drive...yeah that's HARDLY slapping someone around like a little bunch of girls. USC took it to us big time in the 2008 matchup when they beat us at the coliseum 35-3 but anyone who knows football knows USC didn't dominate last years game whatsoever. That game was lost by Tressel with his "kick a FG instead of scoring TD's" theory while Carroll went on 4th downs regardless of the placement. You might wanna get level headed and not become like Michigan fans who thought it was their' right of passage just because of the name of the University. Cause if you think you're coming in the Big Ten and just gonna own teams like Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Michigan(if they improve) then you got a serious rude awakening coming. These aren't no doormat teams. I know plenty of Husker fans who aren't thinking in this type of light and to them i say "Welcome to the Big Ten" and i'm esctatic for the future of this conference with Nebraska joining. Hopefully Mizzou, Kansas, and ND come join too...i hope

Sorry to break it to you, but your slow players will have no chance against our speed, your defenses will have no stopping power because you will have to play one linebacker all the time. Second off try to score a touchdown against Bo Pelini, just see how hard it is when you face about 4 third downs on every drive. Welcome to the BigNebraska conferencek, and yes there are doormat teams in the league it will just be hard to realize your one of them. HA. Ok that may have been harsh, its all in good fun, don't take me to seriously.

LOL now you sir need to be a standup comedian cause i just laughed at ALL of that! LOL but next seasons gonna be fun on the first week of kickoff in the new Big Ten

I felt like the conference was broken once the B12 hit. Two games with OU ever four years? That made it just ridiculous. Then they tried to manufacture a North rivalry between CU and NU. Blerg. Big 12 never really got any traction with me (and it's not like I was even very old when it was formed... my college football interest really bloomed in the Big 12 era. Tangent: it was really the floundering under a couple of the solich seasons that made me be a bit more analytical about the game and interested in the little things that caused bigger problems). Just knowing what I know about the relationships in the Big Ten already makes that conference feel more like "home" than the Big Texas conference ever did.

Heh, I hope your players and coaches make the same mistake that you are, that should let the Huskers have a field day. Look at the pre-game hype before the Holiday bowl last year. Nobody was giving Nebraska a chance against AZ, but on the field, it was like NU picked up AZ by the hair and repeated kicked them in the groin. There's this weird misconception that Nebraska is slow... I was at one of the USC/NU games and people were wearing shirts that said "See nebraska run [x3] see NU punt" and we hadn't been a power running team for like 3 or 4 years by that point... even though I wished that we were.

The best we can do at this point, though, is compare what little crossover play that we've had... I'm just jazzed to be in the Big Ten and it would be silly not to expect a little hazing. That being said, try not to be surprised if you're the ones who end up with your heads in the toilet and your briefs wedged deeply 'twix your cheeks. :)

Heh, I hope your players and coaches make the same mistake that you are, that should let the Huskers have a field day. Look at the pre-game hype before the Holiday bowl last year. Nobody was giving Nebraska a chance against AZ, but on the field, it was like NU picked up AZ by the hair and repeated kicked them in the groin. There's this weird misconception that Nebraska is slow... I was at one of the USC/NU games and people were wearing shirts that said "See nebraska run [x3] see NU punt" and we hadn't been a power running team for like 3 or 4 years by that point... even though I wished that we were.

The best we can do at this point, though, is compare what little crossover play that we've had... I'm just jazzed to be in the Big Ten and it would be silly not to expect a little hazing. That being said, try not to be surprised if you're the ones who end up with your heads in the toilet and your briefs wedged deeply 'twix your cheeks. :)

There's ZERO mistake made on my behalf. Nowhere in that post did you see me underestimating Nebraska. I simply laughed at his post of pure dominating the Big Ten and Ohio State just simply being overwhelmed to a degree that we can't move the ball and can't stop power running...whether it was a joke or not the fact is it AIN'T happening. I'm happy both sides are optimistic for the addition of Nebraska but people who are assuming Nebraska is coming in and dominating teams like Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and Iowa are holding their' heads far too high. I don't plan on having my head in the toilet or briefs wedged. We're a year in and year out top 10 team with the most BCS appearances. Don't take that as a knock on Nebraska but just a reality check for fans who think it's gonna be a cake walk through the Big Ten cause i'll tell you now that's not gonna be the case

• Fire 1

There's ZERO mistake made on my behalf. Nowhere in that post did you see me underestimating Nebraska. I simply laughed at his post of pure dominating the Big Ten and Ohio State just simply being overwhelmed to a degree that we can't move the ball and can't stop power running...whether it was a joke or not the fact is it AIN'T happening. I'm happy both sides are optimistic for the addition of Nebraska but people who are assuming Nebraska is coming in and dominating teams like Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and Iowa are holding their' heads far too high. I don't plan on having my head in the toilet or briefs wedged. We're a year in and year out top 10 team with the most BCS appearances. Don't take that as a knock on Nebraska but just a reality check for fans who think it's gonna be a cake walk through the Big Ten cause i'll tell you now that's not gonna be the case

The smart, and characteristically Nebraska, move is to wait. Time will tell.

This is true, time will tell. People might take it as i'm insulting their' team pride or something but i'm simply saying don't just assume this is a motorized wheelchair ride to the national championship. These are some TOUGH games. As an Ohio State fan we've simply OWNED the Big Ten here in the recent in terms of Big Ten championships and our win/loss categories against conference opponents but i still don't take games with Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin lightly cause with the defenses each team puts on the field every year and the great coaches they have I know things could go either way real fast. Not too mention these are some of the most renowned stadiums in the nation with massive fan bases ALWAYS selling it out(The Horseshoe and The Big House included). Nebraska fits the Big Ten to a T cause it's been built how most of our teams have been...stellar defenses and strong running game

Actually, i did watch the game and i don't think it was a 'last minute' drive - i think it was more like a 14 play 85 yard drive over like 6 minutes during which the buckeyes were soundly thrashed by a sub-par USC squad that ended up with like 5 losses. I didn't say osu was a doormat team, but if you think nebraska can't compete with upper eschelon big10 football, you are the one who is mistaken. I think the holiday bowl outcome illustrates that point pretty well. I realize that mechicken is a storied program and all of that, but as of right now they are not good, and not showing signs of being any better anytime soon. I really think it's a tough argument to make that a move from the B12 to the B10 is not a step down in level of competition.

I agree there is no cake walk ,with us playing a possible 3 of the all time wining programs in college football there is no way you can run the tables year in and year out. The next wave is UW and Iowa after that Michigan state Purdue and NW. Ohio state has not run the tables in the past few years. Hell even the great SEC teams :sarcasm can't run the tables, most years. Bottom line it's going to be harder to win in the big ten.

Actually, i did watch the game and i don't think it was a 'last minute' drive - i think it was more like a 14 play 85 yard drive over like 6 minutes during which the buckeyes were soundly thrashed by a sub-par USC squad that ended up with like 5 losses. I didn't say osu was a doormat team, but if you think nebraska can't compete with upper eschelon big10 football, you are the one who is mistaken. I think the holiday bowl outcome illustrates that point pretty well. I realize that mechicken is a storied program and all of that, but as of right now they are not good, and not showing signs of being any better anytime soon. I really think it's a tough argument to make that a move from the B12 to the B10 is not a step down in level of competition.

Ok then you've simply gotta explain the "slapped Ohio State around IN Columbus like a bunch of girls"? That statement is a serious mystery to me cause i have yet to find another person who's even come close to saying that. I live on the west coast and all my USC buddies were even admitting they were lucky to escape with that win do to poor coaching from Tressel. "Last minute drive" meaning that drive ended when there was minimal time left in the game with very little hope of winning it in the eyes of OSU(it's a play on words). Again, you're reading into things that simply aren't there. I've said over and over in no way is it a knock on Nebraska nor is it saying Nebraska can't compete with the upper echelon teams, it's saying do NOT take these top teams in the Big Ten lightly how you were doing cause you were trying to do the "matchup against matchup against matchup" thing that is a bad indicator to assume you can beat someone. Food for thought...we woulda KILLED Arizona too. It's not minimizing your' win but it's just a fact. And btw i was rooting for Nebraska big time in that game cause i hate the Pac-10, well Oregon mainly. And for the step down statement, the Big 12 had Texas and Oklahoma as it's big guns with a sprinkle of Mizzou, Kansas, and Texas Tech being nationally ranked and liked teams on sparatic occasions. Oklahoma's been god awful in their' bowl games. People wanna make fun at Ohio State for our BCS woes, well we're 5-3 in the BCS with 2 losses in NC games. Oklahoma's 2-5 in BCS games, but somehow we get far worst press. Texas has held it's own in the manner that USC and Florida have over the past years but the 2, 3, 4 teams haven't even been close to consistent as it's assumed. So i wouldn't be so quick to assume the Big 12 has been better than the Big Ten. Nor am "I" saying the Big Ten has been better than the Big 12

And another thing you have to think about...Is Ndamukong Suh suiting up on that field again? He's a once every 3 generations type of player. That man was a beast and freak of nature. He's not easily replaced. We've had great players that when they left it's been extremely hard to replace them or even patch the position. If you're talking about that Holiday Bowl then there's no way you can excuse his presence, he's gone to the next level. So don't assume he's easily replaced

Ok then you've simply gotta explain the "slapped Ohio State around IN Columbus like a bunch of girls"? That statement is a serious mystery to me cause i have yet to find another person who's even come close to saying that. I live on the west coast and all my USC buddies were even admitting they were lucky to escape with that win do to poor coaching from Tressel. "Last minute drive" meaning that drive ended when there was minimal time left in the game with very little hope of winning it in the eyes of OSU(it's a play on words). Again, you're reading into things that simply aren't there. I've said over and over in no way is it a knock on Nebraska nor is it saying Nebraska can't compete with the upper echelon teams, it's saying do NOT take these top teams in the Big Ten lightly how you were doing cause you were trying to do the "matchup against matchup against matchup" thing that is a bad indicator to assume you can beat someone. Food for thought...we woulda KILLED Arizona too. It's not minimizing your' win but it's just a fact. And btw i was rooting for Nebraska big time in that game cause i hate the Pac-10, well Oregon mainly. And for the step down statement, the Big 12 had Texas and Oklahoma as it's big guns with a sprinkle of Mizzou, Kansas, and Texas Tech being nationally ranked and liked teams on sparatic occasions. Oklahoma's been god awful in their' bowl games. People wanna make fun at Ohio State for our BCS woes, well we're 5-3 in the BCS with 2 losses in NC games. Oklahoma's 2-5 in BCS games, but somehow we get far worst press. Texas has held it's own in the manner that USC and Florida have over the past years but the 2, 3, 4 teams haven't even been close to consistent as it's assumed. So i wouldn't be so quick to assume the Big 12 has been better than the Big Ten. Nor am "I" saying the Big Ten has been better than the Big 12

85 yards on 14 plays in the last 7 mins of the game pretty much says it all. OSU had a 5 point lead in the shoe and only needed one stop to win the game and couldn't do it. from my observation, might as well have been a bunch of girls on the field who couldn't stop anything. i realize the matchup against matchup against matchup is shaky at best, but carries much more validity than saying "we woulda KILLED Az" when you couldn't beat usc ON YOUR OWN FIELD! osu wins the conference but loses to purdon't...really? I think Arizona would have throttled the bucks.

And another thing you have to think about...Is Ndamukong Suh suiting up on that field again? He's a once every 3 generations type of player. That man was a beast and freak of nature. He's not easily replaced. We've had great players that when they left it's been extremely hard to replace them or even patch the position. If you're talking about that Holiday Bowl then there's no way you can excuse his presence, he's gone to the next level. So don't assume he's easily replaced

That's a valid point and don't think i haven't thought about that...however, the D Line is not my area of concern this year...Suh was a beast, but he only had 3 tackles in the holiday bowl...Remember the name Jared Crick. Linkydinkydoo

85 yards on 14 plays in the last 7 mins of the game pretty much says it all. OSU had a 5 point lead in the shoe and only needed one stop to win the game and couldn't do it. from my observation, might as well have been a bunch of girls on the field who couldn't stop anything. i realize the matchup against matchup against matchup is shaky at best, but carries much more validity than saying "we woulda KILLED Az" when you couldn't beat usc ON YOUR OWN FIELD! osu wins the conference but loses to purdon't...really? I think Arizona would have throttled the bucks.

"Arizona would have throttled the bucks"...haha that's simply comical! Arizona's garbage at everything other than Men's Basketball and maybe women's softball. Arizona woulda stood NO chance against us. Only team in the Pac-10 worth anything was USC and it's shown that us and MANY other teams across the nation have had problems with them. There's no myth in that. Ok if us losing to USC is like us being a bunch of girls being slapped around then i'd LOVE to here what Nebraska losing to Mizzou 52-17 and Kansas 76-39 is called in your' eyes! If it's anything less than "you guys got double penetrated without no lube and your' mouth's duct taped...TWICE" then it'll be obvious that you have a biased and oblivious sense or reality. And yeah there's no doubt that loss to Purdue was bad but going back to 2004 we've only had 3 wins in the category that "there's no reason we shoulda lost that game" and i can name EVERY single one of em...Northwestern when Justin Zwick was qb, Illinois but then again they went to the Rose Bowl that year so that loss wasn't as bad as it looked at the time, and Purdue last year. I'll take that history along with our regular season wins and a 5-3 BCS record over everyone in college football other than maybe teams like USC, Texas, and Florida(maybe LSU). That's not doing too bad to be honest