reality setting in

don't know about you, but for me this is a sureal moment. At 43, I have followed this team since I was a baby. living across the street from Bob Devaney and our extended family owning the Big Red shop across the street from the stadium for years and having been to games all over the big 8 and big 12. I am going to deeply miss the Big12 conference schools. I am going to miss leavng KC and getting to a game inside 3 hours anywhere in the North. While I am very excited about our future, I will deeply miss places and all the fun I have had in placed like Ames, Manhattan, Lawrence, Columbia. And I wish them and their fans all the luck in the world.

Got you by 21 years and I know how you feel. I think the whole realm of college football is about to change and that the NCAA and BCS may be a thing of the past for major college football. There will be good and bad to deal with, I just hope for the best because what we've had during the BCS era sucks.

T_O_B

:bonez

Wherever we go, we're still Nebraska. The N will never die.

You guys just became THE TEAM of the entire BigTen Conference. Enjoy it!

The entire country will worship you as BigTen Champions headed to the Rose Bowl to kick the crap out of the Pac-10 team.

Enjoy the feeling.

Granted, this is if you beat Ohio State, Michigan, Iowa, Penn State.

In the absence of a "yawn" I'll give you a :facepalm:

Really? Even though we've been down for the better part of a decade, do you think that we will be scared of any Big 10 team? We would have loved to have pimp-slapped Meetchicken, PSU, and tOSU in the 90's. We competed pretty admirably with the #2 team in the nation last year, so I don't think that the aforementioned strike fear in the hearts of Husker Nation.

Oh, and for teams who enjoy playing for a National Championship, the Rose Bowl is an ok secondary prize, but no big deal.

I'm all a quiver for this season and the next and just a whoopin' and a hollerin'. How we do this season will be very important regarding our new conference.

pssst. Bo, just win all the games by 1 td and only play second string, so nobody next year has a clue :)

GBR

This thread is overflowing with stupidity.

As for conference strength, the Big10 will give us a run for our money. You have to be a championship caliber team to come through it unscathed because it features power teams and finesse teams and you have to be able to stop it all. We're going to be hardpressed to go up against the quality line play that is present in the Big Ten. If I had to rate it, I'd say that the offensive lines in the Big Ten are the best in the country.