reality setting in

I watched the OSU/USC game. It was a damn hard fought battle and Carroll was drinking the last of the Trojan Luck that night. The game didn't even come close to getting out of hand, and OSU wasn't smacked around. Scoreboard.

Meh - that last drive was pathetic

Actually, i did watch the game and i don't think it was a 'last minute' drive - i think it was more like a 14 play 85 yard drive over like 6 minutes during which the buckeyes were soundly thrashed by a sub-par USC squad that ended up with like 5 losses. I didn't say osu was a doormat team, but if you think nebraska can't compete with upper eschelon big10 football, you are the one who is mistaken. I think the holiday bowl outcome illustrates that point pretty well. I realize that mechicken is a storied program and all of that, but as of right now they are not good, and not showing signs of being any better anytime soon. I really think it's a tough argument to make that a move from the B12 to the B10 is not a step down in level of competition.

Ok then you've simply gotta explain the "slapped Ohio State around IN Columbus like a bunch of girls"? That statement is a serious mystery to me cause i have yet to find another person who's even come close to saying that. I live on the west coast and all my USC buddies were even admitting they were lucky to escape with that win do to poor coaching from Tressel. "Last minute drive" meaning that drive ended when there was minimal time left in the game with very little hope of winning it in the eyes of OSU(it's a play on words). Again, you're reading into things that simply aren't there. I've said over and over in no way is it a knock on Nebraska nor is it saying Nebraska can't compete with the upper echelon teams, it's saying do NOT take these top teams in the Big Ten lightly how you were doing cause you were trying to do the "matchup against matchup against matchup" thing that is a bad indicator to assume you can beat someone. Food for thought...we woulda KILLED Arizona too. It's not minimizing your' win but it's just a fact. And btw i was rooting for Nebraska big time in that game cause i hate the Pac-10, well Oregon mainly. And for the step down statement, the Big 12 had Texas and Oklahoma as it's big guns with a sprinkle of Mizzou, Kansas, and Texas Tech being nationally ranked and liked teams on sparatic occasions. Oklahoma's been god awful in their' bowl games. People wanna make fun at Ohio State for our BCS woes, well we're 5-3 in the BCS with 2 losses in NC games. Oklahoma's 2-5 in BCS games, but somehow we get far worst press. Texas has held it's own in the manner that USC and Florida have over the past years but the 2, 3, 4 teams haven't even been close to consistent as it's assumed. So i wouldn't be so quick to assume the Big 12 has been better than the Big Ten. Nor am "I" saying the Big Ten has been better than the Big 12

85 yards on 14 plays in the last 7 mins of the game pretty much says it all. OSU had a 5 point lead in the shoe and only needed one stop to win the game and couldn't do it. from my observation, might as well have been a bunch of girls on the field who couldn't stop anything. i realize the matchup against matchup against matchup is shaky at best, but carries much more validity than saying "we woulda KILLED Az" when you couldn't beat usc ON YOUR OWN FIELD! osu wins the conference but loses to purdon't...really? I think Arizona would have throttled the bucks.

"Arizona would have throttled the bucks"...haha that's simply comical! Arizona's garbage at everything other than Men's Basketball and maybe women's softball. Arizona woulda stood NO chance against us. Only team in the Pac-10 worth anything was USC and it's shown that us and MANY other teams across the nation have had problems with them. There's no myth in that. Ok if us losing to USC is like us being a bunch of girls being slapped around then i'd LOVE to here what Nebraska losing to Mizzou 52-17 and Kansas 76-39 is called in your' eyes! If it's anything less than "you guys got double penetrated without no lube and your' mouth's duct taped...TWICE" then it'll be obvious that you have a biased and oblivious sense or reality. And yeah there's no doubt that loss to Purdue was bad but going back to 2004 we've only had 3 wins in the category that "there's no reason we shoulda lost that game" and i can name EVERY single one of em...Northwestern when Justin Zwick was qb, Illinois but then again they went to the Rose Bowl that year so that loss wasn't as bad as it looked at the time, and Purdue last year. I'll take that history along with our regular season wins and a 5-3 BCS record over everyone in college football other than maybe teams like USC, Texas, and Florida(maybe LSU). That's not doing too bad to be honest

comical? well they did beat usc...something the bucks couldn't do! and yeah, it's been a rough decade for NU...but it's a whole new decade now...Bo took a couple roundhouse beatings in 08 with clownahan's leftovers. but still managed 9 wins with a bowl victory.

Actually, i did watch the game and i don't think it was a 'last minute' drive - i think it was more like a 14 play 85 yard drive over like 6 minutes during which the buckeyes were soundly thrashed by a sub-par USC squad that ended up with like 5 losses. I didn't say osu was a doormat team, but if you think nebraska can't compete with upper eschelon big10 football, you are the one who is mistaken. I think the holiday bowl outcome illustrates that point pretty well. I realize that mechicken is a storied program and all of that, but as of right now they are not good, and not showing signs of being any better anytime soon. I really think it's a tough argument to make that a move from the B12 to the B10 is not a step down in level of competition.

Ok then you've simply gotta explain the "slapped Ohio State around IN Columbus like a bunch of girls"? That statement is a serious mystery to me cause i have yet to find another person who's even come close to saying that. I live on the west coast and all my USC buddies were even admitting they were lucky to escape with that win do to poor coaching from Tressel. "Last minute drive" meaning that drive ended when there was minimal time left in the game with very little hope of winning it in the eyes of OSU(it's a play on words). Again, you're reading into things that simply aren't there. I've said over and over in no way is it a knock on Nebraska nor is it saying Nebraska can't compete with the upper echelon teams, it's saying do NOT take these top teams in the Big Ten lightly how you were doing cause you were trying to do the "matchup against matchup against matchup" thing that is a bad indicator to assume you can beat someone. Food for thought...we woulda KILLED Arizona too. It's not minimizing your' win but it's just a fact. And btw i was rooting for Nebraska big time in that game cause i hate the Pac-10, well Oregon mainly. And for the step down statement, the Big 12 had Texas and Oklahoma as it's big guns with a sprinkle of Mizzou, Kansas, and Texas Tech being nationally ranked and liked teams on sparatic occasions. Oklahoma's been god awful in their' bowl games. People wanna make fun at Ohio State for our BCS woes, well we're 5-3 in the BCS with 2 losses in NC games. Oklahoma's 2-5 in BCS games, but somehow we get far worst press. Texas has held it's own in the manner that USC and Florida have over the past years but the 2, 3, 4 teams haven't even been close to consistent as it's assumed. So i wouldn't be so quick to assume the Big 12 has been better than the Big Ten. Nor am "I" saying the Big Ten has been better than the Big 12

85 yards on 14 plays in the last 7 mins of the game pretty much says it all. OSU had a 5 point lead in the shoe and only needed one stop to win the game and couldn't do it. from my observation, might as well have been a bunch of girls on the field who couldn't stop anything. i realize the matchup against matchup against matchup is shaky at best, but carries much more validity than saying "we woulda KILLED Az" when you couldn't beat usc ON YOUR OWN FIELD! osu wins the conference but loses to purdon't...really? I think Arizona would have throttled the bucks.

"Arizona would have throttled the bucks"...haha that's simply comical! Arizona's garbage at everything other than Men's Basketball and maybe women's softball. Arizona woulda stood NO chance against us. Only team in the Pac-10 worth anything was USC and it's shown that us and MANY other teams across the nation have had problems with them. There's no myth in that. Ok if us losing to USC is like us being a bunch of girls being slapped around then i'd LOVE to here what Nebraska losing to Mizzou 52-17 and Kansas 76-39 is called in your' eyes! If it's anything less than "you guys got double penetrated without no lube and your' mouth's duct taped...TWICE" then it'll be obvious that you have a biased and oblivious sense or reality. And yeah there's no doubt that loss to Purdue was bad but going back to 2004 we've only had 3 wins in the category that "there's no reason we shoulda lost that game" and i can name EVERY single one of em...Northwestern when Justin Zwick was qb, Illinois but then again they went to the Rose Bowl that year so that loss wasn't as bad as it looked at the time, and Purdue last year. I'll take that history along with our regular season wins and a 5-3 BCS record over everyone in college football other than maybe teams like USC, Texas, and Florida(maybe LSU). That's not doing too bad to be honest

comical? well they did beat usc...something the bucks couldn't do! and yeah, it's been a rough decade for NU...but it's a whole new decade now...Bo took a couple roundhouse beatings in 08 with clownahan's leftovers. but still managed 9 wins with a bowl victory.

Yeah it is comical, NOBODY in that former Pac-10 but USC has been a threat for the past 10 years. Tressel had his chance to beat USC twice and he just couldn't, oh well. They still hold the upper hand in the matchup all-time 13-9. And you better believe i'm rooting for Nebraska to make a comeback. They're a traditioned program and Bo's from the Buckeye state where the best coaches coaching are from(Jim Tressel, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Les Miles, Bo Pelini) so i'm pushing hard for them to be a juggernaut again in college football. Don't take my debates as a view that i'm not

Yeah it is comical, NOBODY in that former Pac-10 but USC has been a threat for the past 10 years. Tressel had his chance to beat USC twice and he just couldn't, oh well. They still hold the upper hand in the matchup all-time 13-9. And you better believe i'm rooting for Nebraska to make a comeback. They're a traditioned program and Bo's from the Buckeye state where the best coaches coaching are from(Jim Tressel, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Les Miles, Bo Pelini) so i'm pushing hard for them to be a juggernaut again in college football. Don't take my debates as a view that i'm not

Oh i'm not...and that usc game still sticks in my craw because i was rooting HARD for the bucks (i hate usc) and that last drive was just sickening. so i'm probably a little biased.

Respect your competition, know your competition. Act like you have been there before.

Ohio State has scoreboard on Nebraska the last ten years or so. Give them their due credit.

Anyone who thinks Nebraska will waltz into the Big Ten next year and win all our games is in for a tremendous surprise. Not saying it can not be done, but until you have faced your competition, begin to know them, expecting to take a top ten team down is questionable. We did that about 15 years ago I think.

We have a new dynamic coach, we have our own history and tradition, but we still have steps to take to get back to the level that Ohio State has maintained the last several years.

Oh i'm not...and that usc game still sticks in my craw because i was rooting HARD for the bucks (i hate usc) and that last drive was just sickening. so i'm probably a little biased.

Yeah that last drive caused a whirlwind effect in Columbus and everywhere where there were Buckeye fans cause we were PISSED that Tressel still played the "FG and a punt" playbook the whole game when he needs to instill an offensive gameplan against top competition. And WHY on earth have a linebacker on Joe McKnight when you KNOW he's getting the ball on a slot or screen?...let me not even think about that game along with the Purdue game cause Buckeye fans were ready to jump off a bridge after those to heart attack games lol. With all of that being said "Welcome to the Big Ten!" You guys are now part of the Brotherhood and i know for sure us Buckeye fans are loving it cause it feels like we just found our long lost twin

Respect your competition, know your competition. Act like you have been there before.

Ohio State has scoreboard on Nebraska the last ten years or so. Give them their due credit.

Anyone who thinks Nebraska will waltz into the Big Ten next year and win all our games is in for a tremendous surprise. Not saying it can not be done, but until you have faced your competition, begin to know them, expecting to take a top ten team down is questionable. We did that about 15 years ago I think.

We have a new dynamic coach, we have our own history and tradition, but we still have steps to take to get back to the level that Ohio State has maintained the last several years.

Laminate that skersfan! Bravo and round of applause to you sir. Couldn't have said it any better. Good luck to the CornHuskers!

Yeah that last drive caused a whirlwind effect in Columbus and everywhere where there were Buckeye fans cause we were PISSED that Tressel still played the "FG and a punt" playbook the whole game when he needs to instill an offensive gameplan against top competition. And WHY on earth have a linebacker on Joe McKnight when you KNOW he's getting the ball on a slot or screen?...let me not even think about that game along with the Purdue game cause Buckeye fans were ready to jump off a bridge after those to heart attack games lol. With all of that being said "Welcome to the Big Ten!" You guys are now part of the Brotherhood and i know for sure us Buckeye fans are loving it cause it feels like we just found our long lost twin

Happy to be here :)

I don't think that there's even a team in the Big Ten that I dislike; more often than not I'm rooting for a Big Ten team than against (well, okay, there were a couple of years when NU was down and the Big Ten was getting hyped up that seeing any team have regular success was a wee bit painful... maybe in those years I did grumble discontentedly about The Ohio State University ;) ). I think that this is going to be a blast!

Happy to be here :)

I don't think that there's even a team in the Big Ten that I dislike; more often than not I'm rooting for a Big Ten team than against (well, okay, there were a couple of years when NU was down and the Big Ten was getting hyped up that seeing any team have regular success was a wee bit painful... maybe in those years I did grumble discontentedly about The Ohio State University ;) ). I think that this is going to be a blast!

Wait, HOLD up one minute! You're gonna get your' ID discarded at the door. NOBODY can come into this party unless they HATE Michigan. It's a religion in the Big Ten. Let me run this ID under the light to make sure it's not fake lol just playing. Happy you guys are happy to be in too

Witness Arizona in the Holiday Bowl

Seriously, why does everyone in the big10 have such an erection for michigan? Even clownahan beat them. sheesh!

Seriously, why does everyone in the big12 have such an erection for nebraska? Even iowa state beat them in lincoln. sheesh!

sounds a little silly doesn't it? :LOLtartar

michigan is just as storied in the B10 as neb is in the b12. more so. the b12 only existed since 96.

I'd like to hear from a PSU fans perspective on this. 18 years ago, they joined the Big 10. What is it like to play different teams all of the sudden? Is there a sense of loss from not seeing the familiar faces? I feel that coming on for me.

This is a completely different animal - PSU was an independent prior to joining the Big 10. By the way, I spoke to my boss about this very topic and her opinion about joining the B10 was nothing but favorable.