It is official - unanimous vote

Woo hooo!

June 11, 2010

Park Ridge, Ill.-- The Big Ten Council of Presidents/Chancellors (COP/C) announced unanimous approval today for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) to join the Big Ten Conference effective July 1, 2011, with competition to begin in all sports for the 2011-12 academic year. UNL will also seek admission into the Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC), which can occur on or before July 1, 2011.

http://www.bigten.org/genrel/061110aab.html

A great day!

So I'm still listening to Delaney speak. Correct me if I'm wrong, did he say that the BTN will be showing Husker sports even though we'll still be competing in the Big XII this academic year?

Really? That'd be great. Time Warner better add Big Ten Network to their lineup.

"According to Dan Beebe, Jim Delany told him the Big Ten wasn't after any other Big 12 schools. Sorry Missouri."

How will they round out the conference now?

Someone else's rendering of what Jim Delany said in his presser:

He's on live now on the BTN. Also did not rule out Texas...won't talk about any particular institution right now. He said he puts a high premium on confidentiality in the process & not "embarrassing ourselves."

He said the conference may not expand more, might make smaller moves, or might make seismic moves. Very cryptic.

• Fire 1