Dan Beebe: The man without a plan

I listened to Commissioner Beebe's teleconference. I'm really shocked that he doesn't seem to have any plan to keep the Big 12 moving forward. The domino theory was that once NU, CU, or Mizzou made a move--then Texas and it's South Division counterparts would go to the PAC-10. Hello? Beebe? Call TCU, Houston, SMU, Southern Miss, Boise State?? Like Osborne said, losing 1 or 2 teams does not break up a conference-- so why no leadership from Beebe to say, "If we lose Teams A and B, we'll invite Teams C and D to replace them." But instead-- he goes foreward with no plans and allows the schools to venture out.

He points out that the 10 remaining schools are economically viable and can get a network package, but he just doesn't seem to be acting aggressively like someone who needs to save his job.

I listened to Commissioner Beebe's teleconference. I'm really shocked that he doesn't seem to have any plan to keep the Big 12 moving forward. The domino theory was that once NU, CU, or Mizzou made a move--then Texas and it's South Division counterparts would go to the PAC-10. Hello? Beebe? Call TCU, Houston, SMU, Southern Miss, Boise State?? Like Osborne said, losing 1 or 2 teams does not break up a conference-- so why no leadership from Beebe to say, "If we lose Teams A and B, we'll invite Teams C and D to replace them." But instead-- he goes foreward with no plans and allows the schools to venture out.

He points out that the 10 remaining schools are economically viable and can get a network package, but he just doesn't seem to be acting aggressively like someone who needs to save his job.

Yeah, call SMU!

He was the lead investigator in the investigation that gave SMU the death penalty - which lead to the FIRST conference he destroyed.

The local station here in KC brought up the point why didn't the big12 try to strike first. Grab Arizona and ASU and knock the pac 10 down to 8...it does make you wonder why not try to grab some talent and keep their league together...hell grab them now. Move OU and Okst to the north and just make one exception for Texass and OU to play every year...

Why is everyone so surprised Beebe has no plan? Beebe has been first and foremost an ass man for UT.

Texas got everything they wanted -- conference offices relocated to Texas, rules changes on a whim, and soon to be home of Big 12 conference championship games at Jerry's World.

Texas should be doing cartwheels. They have the conference they've always wanted.

The local station here in KC brought up the point why didn't the big12 try to strike first. Grab Arizona and ASU and knock the pac 10 down to 8...it does make you wonder why not try to grab some talent and keep their league together...hell grab them now. Move OU and Okst to the north and just make one exception for Texass and OU to play every year...

While no one wanted to say it but everyone knew that Texas had too much power and new teams wouldn't have a voice. Plus any team that would have wanted to come probably would put their BCS conference in serious consideration since they would only have two teams that were worth anything. It's gonna be sweet when Texas finds out that championship games in the Pac-11 won't be played in Tx.

While no one wanted to say it but everyone knew that Texas had too much power and new teams wouldn't have a voice. Plus any team that would have wanted to come probably would put their BCS conference in serious consideration since they would only have two teams that were worth anything. It's gonna be sweet when Texas finds out that championship games in the Pac-11 won't be played in Tx.

I bet they rotate between Jerrys place, the new stadium in Glendale, The Rose Bowl and in Seattle...

I bet they rotate between Jerrys place, the new stadium in Glendale, The Rose Bowl and in Seattle...

I was just hoping that Tx get a taste of their own medicine.

I haven't heard this mentioned yet but the plain fact that he had no plan in place does say, at least to me, that he serves Texas, not the B12.

BTW- I just changed my pic. I'm excited to see it.

You're 100% correct in that Beebe was never out for the best interest of the conference. His goal, and that of his predecessor, was Texas first and foremost and maybe consider an item or two for the rest of the programs.