Apparently it IS our fault for breaking up the band

That simplifies things too much. The conference would have imploded at some point in the not too distant future, and NU might very well have been left out in the cold. If the thing was weak enough that one major player leaving causes it to crumble, then it is time for the walls to come tumbling down.

i guess we should have sat around and watched 6 other teams go to the Pac 10? let's face it, the academically challenged kids that played for UT, OU and others were idiots and were and are an embarrassment to the Big 12, the SEC is full of losers too, the Big 10 is much more academically accomplished and we would be foolish to stay and hope for the best. get over it, a-hole.

I WANT TO MAKE THIS LOUD AND CLEAR. NEBRASKA DIDNT BREAK UP CRAP. LAST TIME I CHECKED THERE IS STILL A CONFERENCE WITH 10 TEAMS. NEBRASKA AND COLORADO ARE THE ONLY 2 THAT HAVE LEFT. IF THEYRE SO DAMN UPSET ABOUT IT, THEN MOVE OSU TO THE NORTH AND KEEP YOUR DAMN CONFERENCE AND SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY. D U N

I WANT TO MAKE THIS LOUD AND CLEAR. NEBRASKA DIDNT BREAK UP CRAP. LAST TIME I CHECKED THERE IS STILL A CONFERENCE WITH 10 TEAMS. NEBRASKA AND COLORADO ARE THE ONLY 2 THAT HAVE LEFT. IF THEYRE SO DAMN UPSET ABOUT IT, THEN MOVE OSU TO THE NORTH AND KEEP YOUR DAMN CONFERENCE AND SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY. D U N

WHY ARE YOU YELLING? But, seriously, Nebraska didn't do anything. Although an argument could be made that Colorado and Missouri broke up the Big 12 with Missouri getting the short end of the stick.

WHY ARE YOU YELLING? But, seriously, Nebraska didn't do anything. Although an argument could be made that Colorado and Missouri broke up the Big 12 with Missouri getting the short end of the stick.

I think Fro daddy made a good point earlier, most of the TV markets are still around, even if some of the little ones were not spot on. They could add two from BYU/UTAH/Air Force/TCU, or leave it at 10 and not have to share. If you want to add 2 and kee[p your title game, just put OU and OSU in the North. Then you can have OU and TX in it most of the time for Red river 2, the reckoning....

They won't... so that means at some level, they like the new plan...

What he fails to mention is that NU wanted more than a 5 year commitment from the Big 12 and also wanted Texas to give up its TV rights to the Big 12. Texas was looking out for their best interest as was Nebraska, Colorado and don't forget Mizzou. Even though it did not work out for Mizzou.

They funny thing is, that whatever Conference Texas does join they will more than likely have to give up the TV rights.

So if people want to pin the blame on the Huskers that's their Opinion. I say Screw'em!