Location of New Championship Game

I think Lucas Oil Stadium is a lock to at least be in the rotation. Ford Field would be OK too if it weren't in Detroit.

I'd love to see Lambeau Field and Soldier Field used as sites. I think football is best outdoors, and the Big Ten could really play up the smashmouth Big Ten lore angle.

As a resident of Cincinnati, I'd vote against Paul Brown Stadium. The field is typically substandard, and I don't think Cincinnati as a city would be a good host. Somebody mentioned Three Rivers Stadium (I think they meant Heinz Field), and I'd also vote against that one because of their lousy field.

Assuming there will be a Big 10 Championship game beginning in 2011, how do you want it to be set? Rotating locations? Or one permanent one, like the SEC does? Dome?

I think rotating is the way to go, but it shouldn't be excessive. I also would prefer for the game to be played indoors, but I would understand why some people might disagree.

Top Dome Locations

1. Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis, IN)

2. Ford Field (Detroit, MI)

3. Metrodome (Minneapolis, MN)

Top Non-Dome Locations

1. Soldier Field (Chicago, IL)

2. Lambeau Field (Green Bay, WI)

3. Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati, OH)

Any others within the region that could be possibilities?

Like the other thread about this...I vote Lucas Oil Stadium and possibly Soldier Field to keep out the instate homers at the game.

Isn't there a domed stadium in Sioux Falls? How about TD Ameritrade Park, the Nighthawks will be playing there! :laughpound

i'd like that!

what's wrong with arlington? i always thought that should be the permanent site for ALL big 12 games.

also, i do not know of a domed stadium in sioux falls (t_o bull?). but vermillion has one.

agreed, no dome.

i have a question i asked in another thread on this topic. what do people think about rotating the title game between the big10 school cities so that everyone would get it once every 12 years?

I like this idea. It gives each teams city a chance for extra media exposure and an influx of cash from the traveling fan bases. The NFL stadiums, that would likely be considered, have a capacity between 61,500 - 72,928. By comparison, the Big Ten stadiums range from 49,256 (Northwestern) - 107,282 (Penn State). Eight of which are at or well over the capacity of the NFL stadiums. Why help out the NFL when the Big Ten member schools could help each other?