Texas message board

This is just a clever ploy by Texas to get more money from the left over north teams

Texas: "Me and my posse are blowing this loser conference"

KU, KSU, ISU, MU: "No, no. Don't leave us, please don't leave us. We will do anything"

Texas: "Well, I don't know. Maybe I might be nice and stay IF I get say, maybe 75% of each of your conference earnings"

KU, KSU, ISU, MU: "Oh, yes, yes anything you say"

Texas: "And to show you how nice I am, we will get a conference TV network"

KU, KSU, ISU, MU: "You mean it?"

Texas: "Yes, but it will be called Bevo TV, and I will get 100% of the profits. Fine with that?"

KU, KSU, ISU, MU: "Um, sure, we guess so"

Texas: "And one more thing. KU, about your ownership of all those basketball national titles . . . "

If Texas goes to the PAC 10, their fans are going to hate it. I think this is the funniest thing of all. They will not like the distances to games, and they won't like not getting their way, because the existing schools will have none of it and will stand up to them. These schools can be very liberal, and that isn't going to be well liked in Texas either. I hope they enjoy what they have brought down on themselves with their arrogance and being so power hungry, because now they will have no more power than anyone else.

:laughpound

In the end, I think the Big 12 stays together. Texas will not go where they are not the big fish. They will add two teams and the Pac will add Utah. However, if they do end up having to go they won't be happy going. They will try and make it seem like it is the place to be, but I won't be fooled. :koolaid2:

Guess Tuesday is the day we should find out. I have a hard time believing they will keep the Big 12 together and just lose us and CU. I think OU and OSU are seriously looking elsewhere. Rumors that I hear say that the PAC 10 will be announcing Tuesday. I would love to see it either way, because either way Texas loses. I don't know who they think they can bring in to replace us - TCU? Houston? Colorado State? North Texas? Arkansas State? Those would be sad replacements.

Guess Tuesday is the day we should find out. I have a hard time believing they will keep the Big 12 together and just lose us and CU. I think OU and OSU are seriously looking elsewhere. Rumors that I hear say that the PAC 10 will be announcing Tuesday. I would love to see it either way, because either way Texas loses. I don't know who they think they can bring in to replace us - TCU? Houston? Colorado State? North Texas? Arkansas State? Those would be sad replacements.

I think TCU's demonstrated that there's nothing "sad" about their program. Unfortunately, they don't bring a lot of TV eyeballs that aren't focused on the Big 12 already.

As for the rest.....you're right!

Hmmmm....I wonder if Notre Dame would be available....... :facepalm:

I enjoy how much sh#t they talk about how they're going to destroy Nebraska in Lincoln next year. Because it took a last second field goal to beat a team with literally no offense last year. And apparently NU's 8 years of "crappy football" mean NU is now irrelevant, nevermind Texas' 22 years ('78-'00) where they were just as "irrelevant" as NU has been. I know Husker fans can be homers, but Texas fans are ridiculous.

If Texas goes to the PAC 10, their fans are going to hate it. I think this is the funniest thing of all. They will not like the distances to games, and they won't like not getting their way, because the existing schools will have none of it and will stand up to them. These schools can be very liberal, and that isn't going to be well liked in Texas either. I hope they enjoy what they have brought down on themselves with their arrogance and being so power hungry, because now they will have no more power than anyone else.

California is too liberal for a school in Austin...REALLY? You're really going to stick with that? Have you even been to Austin? I sincerely hope that the answer to that is "no".

Second, travel is not even an issue. As a school, we can certainly afford it. As fans, we will definately hold our end of the bargain. Hell, you should have seen our following at Wyoming last year, which required flying into Denver and renting a car, if you don't think that we can step off a plane in L.A. Outside of Texas, where are the largest concentrations of UT alums? California, Arizona and New York. Yeah...I think we'll be ok.

From a fan aspect, you couldn't be more wrong. I would love to go to L.A., San Francisco, Seattle, etc. every few years instead of Manhattan, KS, Ames, IA or Lincoln, NE. I could stomach Detroit and Chicago, but the West Coast is much sexier. If you polled 100 Texas fans, 90 would say the same thing.

Other than that, your post was spot on.

California is too liberal for a school in Austin...REALLY? You're really going to stick with that? Have you even been to Austin? I sincerely hope that the answer to that is "no".

Have you ever been to Berkley, Eugene, or Seattle? Yes, Austin is the most liberal part of Texas (not saying much), but it is far from the politics of the liberal think-tank university cities on the west coast. Compared to Seattle, Austin is like the Bible belt.

I was stationed in the army 45 minutes from Austin, and we were down there all the time. (Let's see, Waco or Austin - Yeah, we'll choose Austin).

Second, travel is not even an issue. As a school, we can certainly afford it. As fans, we will definately hold our end of the bargain. Hell, you should have seen our following at Wyoming last year, which required flying into Denver and renting a car, if you don't think that we can step off a plane in L.A. Outside of Texas, where are the largest concentrations of UT alums? California, Arizona and New York. Yeah...I think we'll be ok.

From a fan aspect, you couldn't be more wrong. I would love to go to L.A., San Francisco, Seattle, etc. every few years instead of Manhattan, KS, Ames, IA or Lincoln, NE. I could stomach Detroit and Chicago, but the West Coast is much sexier. If you polled 100 Texas fans, 90 would say the same thing.

Other than that, your post was spot on.

Uh yes...I have been to Austin, I have also been all over California, and the West Coast. In fact, there isn't many places that I haven't been to here in the lower 48...many times. The liberals tend to flock to the coasts, the real ones that is. That is why you find so many of them in New York, Mass, CT, RI, Vermont, Maine, Oregon, Washington, and California...the die hard ones that is. Austin is nothing compared to the "liberal thinkers" of Stanford, trust me. Look at the shape that CA is in financially as a state - that is all thanks to that liberal thinking. Look at the problems they have with supporting illegals with government programs at the tax payers expense...again set in motion by the liberals.

As far as travel goes, yes - the school can afford it. Can your students and fans? It isn't like jumping in the pick up and running up I-35 to Oklahoma City or Lawrence. And yes, the cities on the west coast have a lot to offer, but that doesn't come free either, and out there it sometimes costs even more. We all have alum everywhere, but alum alone will not fill your side of the stadium I don't think. The first few times Texas would play out there would be new and exciting, but then it would get old. And that goes in reverse when it comes to the other PAC 10 teams coming to Austin. They may make the trip once, but highly doubtful they will do it in the long run. They don't even go to their own home games when the team is down, because they think of football as an after thought most of the time, and have enough other things to do and spend their money on when their team sucks that they don't even think twice about not going to support the home team. How many consecutive sellouts do any of these teams have? I am betting that it isn't many, and only goes back to when they started winning games.

Besides, it is all looking pretty much moot anyway from what I have been reading today...looks like Texas will be staying in the Big 12 with the other 9 teams. I am betting that Texas found out that they weren't going to get their way like they have in the Big 12 with the Pac 10...and couldn't deal with that. But I have a feeling if they do stay, it will only be a matter of time before someone gets tired of their crap again, and leaves. And that will be the beginning of the exodus. If I was OU or OSU, I would be looking to the SEC to get out while the getting is good.

The only thing that cracks me up is how UT says they have whooped our @$$ for years. Yes, they are 8-1 with us but whooping our @$$ is probably a bit extreme...

Sat, Dec 07 at St. Louis, Mo. 27 - 37 (L)

Sat, Oct 31 Memorial Stadium 16 - 20 (L)

‘99 Big 12 Champ – 22 – 6 (W)

Sat, Oct 23 at Austin, Texas 20 - 24 (L)

Sat, Nov 02 Memorial Stadium 24 - 27 (L)

Sat, Oct 21 Memorial Stadium 20 - 22 (L)

Sat, Oct 27 at Austin, Texas 25 - 28 (L)

Sat, Dec 05 Arlington, Texas (Cowboys Stadium) 12 - 13 (L)

The arrogance is amusing. I wish we stayed in the Big 12 but at this point it doesn't matter. I just can't wait to shut UT up later this year.

The only thing that cracks me up is how UT says they have whooped our @$$ for years. Yes, they are 8-1 with us but whooping our @$$ is probably a bit extreme...

The arrogance is amusing. I wish we stayed in the Big 12 but at this point it doesn't matter. I just can't wait to shut UT up later this year.

Since statistics don't lie:

In wins UTerus averaged just under 4 points victory margin

In wins Nebraska averaged 16 points victory margin

99 Big 12 Champ 22 6 (W)

you know if those roles were reversed all of you would say that only numbers that matter are 7-1.

just saying...

you know if those roles were reversed all of you would say that only numbers that matter are 7-1.

just saying...

that is quite true, as vin diesel said in the fast and the furious, 'it doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile.'