Nike vs Adidas

everything ive ever owned nike has eventually made its way to the garbage. On the other hand, i have 3 pairs of adidas warm up pants and 2 pairs of shoes since junior high/high school that i still wear often and theyre better than new. Stick with adidas nebraska. And no alternate jersies. That ohio state deal and other schools nike did that with last year (lsu...yuck...mizzou...helmets were kinda neat but overall yawn) was horrid.

I think Nike makes better sportswear and related merchandise, but I think overall, Adidas makes better apparel and everyday clothing.

Also,

NIKE = American

ADIDAS = German

If that makes any difference to anyone.

Problem is, I know Nike's stuff is made overseas for pennies. I don't know about Adidas but I'm guessing it's the same.

haha of course mmmtodd i have had the same problem, but the other way around

Same here man. I bought a Nebraska/Adidas sideline jacket and a sideline fleece jacket about a year ago and the zippers on both broke off before I got a little more than a year's use out of them. I did end up replacing the jacket's zipper because I really liked it. I also have a few Oregon Nike shirts and they're more comfortable than my Adidas ones.

Adidas. But my bias comes from decades of wearing the Sambas...most comfortable shoe I've ever owned and durable as all get out.

+10

I've only ever owned one pair and it is still the gold standard of classic casual shoe. I have been wanting to get a pair in white for some time now for this summer.

The pair I have now, I've had going on 15 years. The first 10 years I was still playing indoor soccer, so they saw some pretty heavy use. Lately they've graduated to casual shoe...I figured it's the least they deserved.

Ohio State has one of the oldest unchanged uniforms in football. They did a "throw back" one last year that worked out very nicely. I'm for alternate uniforms so long as that they are done tastefully and used sparingly.

Im all for alternates or throwbacks, but just for special occasion or once a year. The uniforms for the 300th were something special, simple and old school looking. For once I wanna see us use the RED helmet for a special /homecoming type game.

on the adidas/nike thing.... Seems like everybody uses nike, so i like what we have with adidas. Werent we one of the first schools to go exclusively with adidas??? If true, I dont see nike coming in anytime soon and slapping the swish on everything.

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Adidas. But my bias comes from decades of wearing the Sambas...most comfortable shoe I've ever owned and durable as all get out.

I actually hate the Sambas. Had them for indoor soccer for a year or two too and never really dug them. Playing with some Adidas turf shoes now and love 'em.

I'm an Adidas man though. I hope Nebraska sticks with 'em.

Everyone will have personal preference, I personally don't like the way Adidas t-shirts fit (and don't have a ton of experience with other products), but I would say the quality of item is generally the same amongst both companies.

As far as who Nebraska's equipment sponsor should be, Adidas just kind of makes sense from a cultural standpoint. Nike is always about being the biggest and best, the flashiest and newest and most exciting. Adidas is generally more oriented on traditional values and campaigns, which is essentially the entire culture of Nebraska.

Just what I think.

As far as who Nebraska's equipment sponsor should be, Adidas just kind of makes sense from a cultural standpoint. Nike is always about being the biggest and best, the flashiest and newest and most exciting. Adidas is generally more oriented on traditional values and campaigns, which is essentially the entire culture of Nebraska.

Yeah, but one would think that Nike - our nation's premier sportswear brand - would be the preferred brand of the heartland over the European label (Adidas).

If you guys don't already know of it, the history of how Adidas, Asics, and Puma got started is very, very interesting.