Which Big 10 school will be Neb biggest rival???

i pray that it is notre dame

I'd take notre dame, they have a top tier program and I absolutely hate em.

Problem is that we don't no if theyll join the big10 especially with all all the super conference talk dying, and they'd need to improve their current level of play.

IV said it once and I'll say it again, if we do get a top main rival, it should b Penn state, but we don't need a rival either so we shouldn't force a rivalry- especially with lesser prestige iowa

Problem is that we don't no if theyll join the big10 especially with all all the super conference talk dying, and they'd need to improve their current level of play.

IV said it once and I'll say it again, if we do get a top main rival, it should b Penn state, but we don't need a rival either so we shouldn't force a rivalry- especially with lesser prestige iowa

A PSU v Nebraska rivalry would probably sit pretty well with a lot of folks (like me) that were around in '94. To the younger guys (and current student body) it may not mean as much. While I'm thrilled to have Nebraska in the Big Ten (it just seems like a great fit when you say it), I do not have a lot of love for Nebraska as a result of '94. Clearly, what happened is the fault of nobody on here and nobody that was around at the time. But rivalries are often built on emotion that have no rational basis. ;)

I respect the program. And separating the academics out of the equation, you guys clearly have a University to be proud of. But putting football into equation...yeah, I'm all for slamming you when the honeymoon is over. :)

A PSU v Nebraska rivalry would probably sit pretty well with a lot of folks (like me) that were around in '94. To the younger guys (and current student body) it may not mean as much. While I'm thrilled to have Nebraska in the Big Ten (it just seems like a great fit when you say it), I do not have a lot of love for Nebraska as a result of '94. Clearly, what happened is the fault of nobody on here and nobody that was around at the time. But rivalries are often built on emotion that have no rational basis. ;)

I respect the program. And separating the academics out of the equation, you guys clearly have a University to be proud of. But putting football into equation...yeah, I'm all for slamming you when the honeymoon is over. :)

I really agree with this. i dont really know what went on in '94, but i do remember in 2002 when we went to happy valley when Penn state had Larry Johnson and i just remember how awful it seemed like the fans were to us that game. Cause if i remember right i think you guys were mad at Richie Incognito (correct me if i'm wrong but i believe that was the game he threw a punch). So i think it would be a great rivalry based off of the rspect we seem to have for each others programs and also the tiny seeds of hatred that also seem to be present. Here's to hoping: :koolaid2:

I think it's crazy so many people want Iowa to be our rival. I hope these aren't the same people who hate the Colorado series being called a rivalry, because Iowa will just be Colorado Part II. Iowa fans are already bitterly jealous of Nebraska, and have been for many years now. And this is when they haven't played us in a decade! Imagine what it will be like when we are winning two out of every three games and our high and mighty fans are coming in to their stadium ruining their "tailgating" buzz. It's not going to be pretty, and the college crowd there (which makes up half of the town during school) is not that far off from CU's.

If we develop a rivalry of any sort, I sure hope it's with Penn St. Wisconsin would be second in my mind with the Alvarez connection.

I really agree with this. i dont really know what went on in '94, but i do remember in 2002 when we went to happy valley when Penn state had Larry Johnson and i just remember how awful it seemed like the fans were to us that game. Cause if i remember right i think you guys were mad at Richie Incognito (correct me if i'm wrong but i believe that was the game he threw a punch). So i think it would be a great rivalry based off of the rspect we seem to have for each others programs and also the tiny seeds of hatred that also seem to be present. Here's to hoping: :koolaid2:

Well, the 2002 match up came 8 years after 1994. It's possible that a lot of pent up anger was being vented at Nebraska during that game. Here's the short primer on 1994:

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/blogs/footblog/2010/06/1994_husker_heist.aspx

After we thrashed Ohio State 63-14 (I think it was 21-0 after the first 6 minutes or so) we actually dropped to #2.

The NC was decidec by people filling out a ballot. Not Nebraska's fault, but a lot of anger.

Well, the 2002 match up came 8 years after 1994. It's possible that a lot of pent up anger was being vented at Nebraska during that game. Here's the short primer on 1994:

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/blogs/footblog/2010/06/1994_husker_heist.aspx

After we thrashed Ohio State 63-14 (I think it was 21-0 after the first 6 minutes or so) we actually dropped to #2.

The NC was decidec by people filling out a ballot. Not Nebraska's fault, but a lot of anger.

Oh gotcha. I can definately understand that. I also agree with Jtrain, while i wouldn't mand being rivals with iowa, i think a penn state-nebraska rivalry would be much more interesting. :duel

i dont really know what went on in '94,

94 the Huskers won the BCS but Big Ten wasn't a part of the BCS, they didn't want to lose the Rose Bowl connection. So Penn State went undefeated, but couldn't play the Huskers, and didn't get the cool Sears Trophy

Actually, 1982 could help fuel the fire more for me.

Penn state and the infamous "Catch out of bounds with 9 seconds left." PSU 27 NU 24. That was the Huskers' only loss in 1982, Penn State lost two weeks later at Bama 42-21. PSU came back to beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and claim the national title. SMU was second,and NU beat LSU in the Orange and was 3rd.

In 83 Huskers got revenge in the Kick Off Classic, trouncing the Nittany Lions 44-6.

Here's the video of the "catch":

I think it's crazy so many people want Iowa to be our rival. I hope these aren't the same people who hate the Colorado series being called a rivalry, because Iowa will just be Colorado Part II. Iowa fans are already bitterly jealous of Nebraska, and have been for many years now. And this is when they haven't played us in a decade! Imagine what it will be like when we are winning two out of every three games and our high and mighty fans are coming in to their stadium ruining their "tailgating" buzz. It's not going to be pretty, and the college crowd there (which makes up half of the town during school) is not that far off from CU's.

If we develop a rivalry of any sort, I sure hope it's with Penn St. Wisconsin would be second in my mind with the Alvarez connection.

Exactly!!!!!

i dont really know what went on in '94,

94 the Huskers won the BCS but Big Ten wasn't a part of the BCS, they didn't want to lose the Rose Bowl connection. So Penn State went undefeated, but couldn't play the Huskers, and didn't get the cool Sears Trophy

Actually, 1982 could help fuel the fire more for me.

Penn state and the infamous "Catch out of bounds with 9 seconds left." PSU 27 NU 24. That was the Huskers' only loss in 1982, Penn State lost two weeks later at Bama 42-21. PSU came back to beat Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and claim the national title. SMU was second,and NU beat LSU in the Orange and was 3rd.

In 83 Huskers got revenge in the Kick Off Classic, trouncing the Nittany Lions 44-6.

Here's the video of the "catch":

Penn State fans never mention their out of bounds catch that kept us out of the NC game that year. IMHO, they've got nothing to be upset about, because they got the game gift-wrapped for them, costing us our title shot while keeping them alive to claim the title later. Perhaps that horrible call in '82 was on a few voters minds in '94. All I know is that there were a lot of livid people on campus after the '82 game.