buyer's remorse

i am sure i am in the minority but is anyone else sick that the big 12 is holding together and we are not there. i realize that we will probably make more money in the big 10 and all that but 100 years of tradition playing kansas, kstate, missouri, oklahoma, etc...gone!

As it has been pointed out to me by some others on the huskerboard, us kansas city husker fans are not important but this move and the big 12 holding together has just made our lives hell.

NO, I SAY SCREW THE BIG 12. THEY TRIED TO PLAY US, BUT LED BY A GREAT MAN, WE GOT OUT. WE BELONG IN THE BIG 10, AND 10 YEARS FROM NOW WHEN EVERYTHING IS HUNKY DORY, WE'LL ALL SAY WE SHOULDA BEEN THERE FROM THE GET GO. THE BIG 12 IS SICK, A DYING PUPPY IF YOU WILL. SURE, THEY BOUGHT A COUPLE MORE GASPS TODAY, AND NOW THE "POINT THE FINGER AT NEBRASKA" GAME WILL BEGIN, AND BELIEVE ME, IT VERY WELL COULD AFFECT THE OUTCOME OF SOME GAMES THIS YEAR.

NO, I SAY SCREW THE BIG 12. THEY TRIED TO PLAY US, BUT LED BY A GREAT MAN, WE GOT OUT. WE BELONG IN THE BIG 10, AND 10 YEARS FROM NOW WHEN EVERYTHING IS HUNKY DORY, WE'LL ALL SAY WE SHOULDA BEEN THERE FROM THE GET GO. THE BIG 12 IS SICK, A DYING PUPPY IF YOU WILL. SURE, THEY BOUGHT A COUPLE MORE GASPS TODAY, AND NOW THE "POINT THE FINGER AT NEBRASKA" GAME WILL BEGIN, AND BELIEVE ME, IT VERY WELL COULD AFFECT THE OUTCOME OF SOME GAMES THIS YEAR.

Is your keyboard broken?

Please, there is no reason to shout.

i am sure i am in the minority but is anyone else sick that the big 12 is holding together and we are not there. i realize that we will probably make more money in the big 10 and all that but 100 years of tradition playing kansas, kstate, missouri, oklahoma, etc...gone!

As it has been pointed out to me by some others on the huskerboard, us kansas city husker fans are not important but this move and the big 12 holding together has just made our lives hell.

Not at all. It was definitely the best move academically, hands down. Athletically, I really like the company of the Big Ten fans much more (so far) than the postings of say Missouri trolls before the game last year. And we lost a big head ache - Texas.

I am in the Kasas City area - why do you think we are not important? Some friends have ribbed me, nothing bad. Wore husker gear all week end and got nothing.

The rough times some projected for us - tell the fans we helped give their teams a big payday.

:yeah consider the fury unleashed.

my mind agrees with you all that in the end this is a good move for nebraska university and nebraska football, but my heart hates what has happened.

huKSer, in response to you i have been told by others in this board that since i moved out of nebraska i "moved" away from my team and not living in ne. therefore the KC scene does not matter.

i realize it is the usual small town thinking and those people not realize how big husker football is really nationally.

my mind agrees with you all that in the end this is a good move for nebraska university and nebraska football, but my heart hates what has happened.

huKSer, in response to you i have been told by others in this board that since i moved out of nebraska i "moved" away from my team and not living in ne. therefore the KC scene does not matter.

i realize it is the usual small town thinking and those people not realize how big husker football is really nationally.

It's kind of like breaking up with your girlfriend. It sucks...until the next hot chick comes along then you forget all about the sneaky-snake, underhanded, over-demanding, two-faced crap that skank of a ho pulled on you.

I know....I have an ex-wife

Personally I hate to leave the Big12 because I don't think the Big10 plays football at the same level as the Big12. It seems like whenever the Big10 plays in a BCS game they don't play well (correct me if wrong). I think that Big10 football is the most boring brand....I hate watching it. I realize that monetarily it is the best move for the program, but i still hate to leave. I will also miss all of the traditional rivalries we have in the Big12. Another thing i will miss is being the underdog every time we played the powerhouses of the south, it makes victory that much sweeter. Finally, I really think it hurts recruiting in Texas. There is talent in Big10 recruiting land, but nothing like that of Texas.

Personally I hate to leave the Big12 because I don't think the Big10 plays football at the same level as the Big12. It seems like whenever the Big10 plays in a BCS game they don't play well (correct me if wrong). I think that Big10 football is the most boring brand....I hate watching it. I realize that monetarily it is the best move for the program, but i still hate to leave. I will also miss all of the traditional rivalries we have in the Big12. Another thing i will miss is being the underdog every time we played the powerhouses of the south, it makes victory that much sweeter. Finally, I really think it hurts recruiting in Texas. There is talent in Big10 recruiting land, but nothing like that of Texas.

that is what they are saying on tigerboard (i would not recommend going on there), but i think they are pretty excited they will not have to compete with NU for texas recruits. probably true, but it might still be hard to chose mizzou over NU, even if NU won't be playing in texas.

I agree with some of the sentiments above. I know that it is probably the right move and I am excited about the possibilities, but my heart is also not in it. I love watching big 12 football, and I just don't know that purdue, northwestern etc. will do it for me. Sure, you might say the same things about iowa St. or Kansas St. but to my heart it is different.

Now I am a big Red guy through and through, and I will support the team and learn the new conference...and I am glad we told texas to F-off... but something about this just doesn't feel right to me.

I agree with some of the sentiments above. I know that it is probably the right move and I am excited about the possibilities, but my heart is also not in it. I love watching big 12 football, and I just don't know that purdue, northwestern etc. will do it for me. Sure, you might say the same things about iowa St. or Kansas St. but to my heart it is different.

Now I am a big Red guy through and through, and I will support the team and learn the new conference...and I am glad we told texas to F-off... but something about this just doesn't feel right to me.

I feel the same way. It will change once you know the new teams better. I too would watch a KSU-ISU game before Georgia-Tennessee, for instance, but only because I knew the teams and they were in our conference. I truly believe this is a lateral move athletically. The rest of the reasons are so compelling though. We had to do it.