Who do you feel the most sorry for?

knapplc

Big 12 Surviviors  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know there's not a lot of remorse for the way things panned out, and frankly I'm still on Cloud Nine that we're members of the Big 10. No matter how you slice it, we came out of this smelling like roses. Rose Bowl roses, most likely.

Still, there is one school I feel bad about leaving, and a couple of others that I'll miss. I feel bad that we're leaving Kansas. Kansas never did anything to us (unless you follow basketball). Kansas has always been pretty nice folks. They've been respectful and friendly, and they're a lot like Nebraskans. Especially since they hired Turner Gill, I'm going to miss these guys, and I am concerned for them in the "new" conference. I hope everything pans out. They had so few choices.

I'll also miss ISU. Not nearly as much as Kansas, but for the most part they've been good foes, good folks, and good fun. The once-per-decade loss is easy enough to bear. Of course I'll miss Oklahoma, but as has been covered extensively, that ship sailed long, long ago. The only SWC team I'll miss is A&M - they're a heck of a great bunch of fans, and we've had some good games against them. They're also the one SWC team that seems to have enough integrity to stand up to Texas. It'll be interesting to see what the next couple of years brings to them.

I won't miss KSU, Colorado or Missouri. I don't care enough about these schools to hate them, and frankly the best parts of Missouri and Colorado are Fro Daddy and BeachBuffs, and they're going to be sticking around here whether they want to or not. MUTigerFan is pretty cool, too, and he'll stick his head in once in a while. It would be a tragedy if we lost TuffTiger, but somehow I think he'll still be around.

So there's my take on the schools we left behind. A decent bunch of folks, some better than others, and all in a peck of trouble with their new arrangement. Let's just hope the decent among them use the next year or two to build an exit strategy.

#10 None of the above

Sorry...I feel no remorse for NU leaving the conference. Nor am I worried about any of those teams. Everyone of those teams made their bed now they have to lie in it. Everyone of those teams could have put their collective foot down and told Texas to go piss up a rope. And everyone of those teams didn't. Now they're suffering the consequences.

• Fire 1

I feel the most sorry for Texas A&M, it must be tough having no balls.

fify, again.

although, aTm was one of my favorite big 12 teams.

i feel most sorry for ISU, their whole state inexplicably hates them, and they are harmless.

I almost said I felt most sorry for A&M for the mere fact, they had at least grabbed their cajones long enough to explore the idea of moving to the SEC. Unfortunately, once their hand was caught in the cookie jar, they threw themselves down and asked for forgiveness.

#10 None of the above

Sorry...I feel no remorse for NU leaving the conference. Nor am I worried about any of those teams. Everyone of those teams made their bed now they have to lie in it. Everyone of those teams could have put their collective foot down and told Texas to go piss up a rope. And everyone of those teams didn't. Now they're suffering the consequences.

couldn't agree more Okie...They all made their bed. Now they must lie in it.

#10 None of the above

Isn't nice to be the team that did put its foot down? Makes me that much prouder to be a Husker :koolaid2:

#10 None of the above

If I can follow up with this quote from the great Mickey Rourke: "If they don’t have the balls to bring it than f#*k em, you know?"

i think you guys are being a little to hard on the north and baylor. sure, aTm and OU could have left, but the rest only have bevo to pull them. i know i will get, but they always sided against NU. yes, they did, and it is good we left, but again, NU could not protect the big 12 from leaving, and the big 12 would be in shamble is TU left (i hate to admit it, but it is true), especially if TU took anyone, other than baylor, with them. they made a decision to be loyal to TU in hopes of reciprocation, that reciprocation will never come, so they just have to hope that tu will get whatever it wants here rather than the pac 10, and stay put.

edit: that is why i feel the worst for isu, they have nothing to offer another conference if the big 12 breaks up. sorry cy and clone.