Who do you feel the most sorry for?

knapplc

Big 12 Surviviors  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted ISU.

Their chances of ever winning the Big 12 before were quite slim, but there was a chance (see KSU last year). But now that they'll have the round robin format, they are never going to win the Big 12. Personally, I think they should have tried to go to CUSA or the MWC. At least then they could tell recruits that they have a chance to goal to a bowl most years.

I feel sorry for the north schools. They have absolutely zero chance to win the conference. Before, if NU or Mizzou were down you had chance to get in with some upsets and tiebreakers, then pull off a miracle in the Championship game. Now the north schools will all finish in the bottom of the conference, with mizzou only having a remote chance of making any noise.

It was a toss up between Kansas and Oklahoma for me. Kansas because they deserve better then to be sol in realignment because of their basketball program. Oklahoma because well, throwing all your eggs in Texas's basket is sad for a program that's usually better then Texas.

I was wondering when Ou was neutered, seriously. If anybody had a chance to stand up against Texas, it wouldve been Oklahoma.

• Fire 1

I feel the worst for CU, but they were not listed. I am not sure they are going to get an increase in TV in this non Pac 16, they proabbly are paying a big penalty and thier travel costs will likely go up. Not sure they gonna get much out of this deal...

As for us, I am glad we at lease stayed with most of our rivals. I will miss you all, except the one guy who posted on my other thread me something to the effect that our longest consecutive game steak in the country being just a habit and then something about goodbye chumps. Him and his agree-ers I won't miss. But the majority of NU fans, who rule, I will miss a lot. I am not gonna sweat it. OUr TV money will go way up. Our texas talent in football may increase. Our schedule is not too much different, we lose CU (often winnable) and you all(tougher, recently sometimes winnable). WHat reamins are 2 really tough ones, the rest we can win in a given year. If we get our 3 cupcake wins and can go 5-4 or 4-5, we can be a 7 or 8 wn team and keep tryaing to establish ourself as a team that goes to bowls. build that fan base and have a special year here and there, and maybe we keep getting better.

• Fire 3

Although I despise them, I picked Missouri. At least they had the nerve to speak their mind and would have done the same thing as us if invited. No one else had the courage to bolt. The embarrassment they must be feeling over us getting invited over them has to be painful. It will be easier to root for coach Gill now though. :bigredn:

I feel the worst for CU, but they were not listed. I am not sure they are going to get an increase in TV in this non Pac 16, they proabbly are paying a big penalty and thier travel costs will likely go up. Not sure they gonna get much out of this deal...

As for us, I am glad we at lease stayed with most of our rivals. I will miss you all, except the one guy who posted on my other thread me something to the effect that our longest consecutive game steak in the country being just a habit and then something about goodbye chumps. Him and his agree-ers I won't miss. But the majority of NU fans, who rule, I will miss a lot. I am not gonna sweat it. OUr TV money will go way up. Our texas talent in football may increase. Our schedule is not too much different, we lose CU (often winnable) and you all(tougher, recently sometimes winnable). WHat reamins are 2 really tough ones, the rest we can win in a given year. If we get our 3 cupcake wins and can go 5-4 or 4-5, we can be a 7 or 8 wn team and keep tryaing to establish ourself as a team that goes to bowls. build that fan base and have a special year here and there, and maybe we keep getting better.

I didn't list Colorado because they're not part of the Big 12. They left us, it's not like we left them. I probably could have included them, and a "none of the above" option, but it didn't occur to me when I made the poll. I wonder if I edit the poll, does that erase all the previous votes?

I picked Iowa State a bunch of my friends are ISU fans and we would travel to Ames and watch the ISUvsNU game. we would party like a rock star before the game, go to the game, party more at half, watch the second half,(but by this time the ISU fans would be back at the tailgate) and then party after the game. I wish Linclon was as big of a tailgating place.

Had to say Iowa State. They are doomed to the deep, damp corner of the basement in the new Big Leftovers (formerly BigXII). Break up of conference would have let them go to the MAC or ConferenceUSA where they would have been a better fit financially and athleticly. Instead they are locked into a conference they will never, by design, be on an equal plane with financially.