Shaun Watson can recruit

IeFor all of u guys last year complaining that Watson is overhyped with his ability to recruit, especially at the QB position, I hope u start to reconsider ur statements. First Green, then Turner, and now Starling, I think Watson has silenced his critics in this aspect. One of the main reasons each of these guys committed, was from the relationship they formed with Watson, and from when I got to talk to ganz at a recruiting party, QBs who play under Watson only have but the highest of reverance for him. The main reason we will get these 4 star QBs are because of him, and when our offense finally turns to the direction he wants it well pull in more marquee names

IeFor all of u guys last year complaining that Watson is overhyped with his ability to recruit, especially at the QB position, I hope u start to reconsider ur statements. First Green, then Turner, and now Starling, I think Watson has silenced his critics in this aspect. One of the main reasons each of these guys committed, was from the relationship they formed with Watson, and from when I got to talk to ganz at a recruiting party, QBs who play under Watson only have but the highest of reverance for him. The main reason we will get these 4 star QBs are because of him, and when our offense finally turns to the direction he wants it well pull in more marquee names

Watson was only the lead recruiter for Bubba which is a fantastic get.

Tim Beck was the lead recruiter for Cody Green and Jamal Turner. Brion Carnes was also a full staff effort, not just a Watson thing.

P.S.

Let us not forget him sticking his neck out for Baby Gabbert either. Blaine was his as well.

Although it seems that I am bashing Watson, I think that he learned a whole lot from last year and the year before. It takes awhile to adjust to a new boss. He is now held accountible for his actions and has to hold the players accountible as well, which is the way that I like it. Expect nothing but improvements from him.

Recruit, maybe. Sign on the dotted line, will see. But then more importantly then recruiting is, can he develop a QB?

This is a good question. Honestly I don't know, but he did pretty well with Ganz. Id guess yes, let's not forget saban offered watson nearly double his salary to become bamas oc

Watson was only the lead recruiter for Bubba which is a fantastic get.

Tim Beck was the lead recruiter for Cody Green and Jamal Turner. Brion Carnes was also a full staff effort, not just a Watson thing.

Ur right that beck was the primary recruiter for our texas boys, but watson still played a big part, like his elite qb camp that green attended.

Also we woulda got blaine gabbert if cali wasn't fired, but as we all no that was an absolute neccessity.

When I talked to ganz about watson though, he just raved about him. I hear that zac taylor has the same compliments as well

Watson deserves the credit for Gabbert 1 and Gabbert 2. Nobody deserves any blame for Gabbert 1 decommitting, unless you want to blame the school for firing Steve Pederson and hanging a cloud over Bill Callahan's head...but that would be an odd choice of blame, considering where we are now. It's hardly Watson's fault that Tyler handled his recruitment the way he did. From sounds of it, that was flat out wrong of him to flat out lie to coaches like that.

i believe that watson played a major role in Ganz's development...otherwise he hasn't had anyone to stay around long enough to mold into his guy...lee has been in the program for two going on three years? i know he was a juco...i think as long as we get some WR's to go with these guys...things will be big

IMHO, I think Watson can recruit QB's. However, I am still waiting to see him put a quality offense on the field from the start of the season to the finish. His offenses have not been that consistent in my mind. I think if the offense comes out like they did last year, we may see him going somewhere else for 2011. I don't want to be hearing any more excuses...I want to see action on the field ending in results.

watson has been a target from other schools,,,the alabama coach would like to have him. watson would be a nice candidate for head coach at nu if penili leaves some day ..unfortunatly , penili will probably be ohio state head coach when terrel quites, gets fired, etc..., hopefully that will not happen soon....starling was a great grab, and very highly ranked player...considered 100 best .....he will only help bring in better players, i am hoping we can get a great wide reciever,...nu has allways fell short there.

watson has been a target from other schools,,,the alabama coach would like to have him...unfortunatly , penili will probably be ohio state head coach when terrel quites, gets fired, etc..., hopefully that will not happen soon....starling was a great grab, and very highly ranked player...considered 100 best .....he will only help bring in better players, i am hoping we can get a great wide reciever,...nu has allways fell short there. watson would be a nice candidate for head coach at nu if penili leaves some day

FYI, it's frowned upon for Big Ten head coaches to leave for another Big Ten head coaching position. It's an unwritten rule of sorts. If Pelini ever leaves Nebraska, it'll be for another job in a different conference or the NFL, but not for another team in the Big Ten.

watson has been a target from other schools,,,the alabama coach would like to have him...unfortunatly , penili will probably be ohio state head coach when terrel quites, gets fired, etc..., hopefully that will not happen soon....starling was a great grab, and very highly ranked player...considered 100 best .....he will only help bring in better players, i am hoping we can get a great wide reciever,...nu has allways fell short there. watson would be a nice candidate for head coach at nu if penili leaves some day

FYI, it's frowned upon for Big Ten head coaches to leave for another Big Ten head coaching position. It's an unwritten rule of sorts. If Pelini ever leaves Nebraska, it'll be for another job in a different conference or the NFL, but not for another team in the Big Ten.

is it not also taboo in the big 10 to also keep recruiting a player once he has committed to another school.

seem to remember something abut rich rod getting called out by other coaches his first year coaching at michigan.

• Fire 1

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/forum/86-recruiting/