Are You Kidding Me

BOJ

So, I am reading about Buckeye recruit Jamel Turner, and I hope he ends up okay (I really do), but this is the second time this guy has been shot. What are the odds of making it through two separate shootings? I don't pay attention to recruiting reports b/c I find them silly and had never heard about this kid before. I cannot get over the fact that you can be shot twice, two different occasions and multiple times, and still be breathing. I hope he lives and does something positive, it will not be on the football field, but maybe somewhere else.

A lot of these kids come from the ghettos. Hard to take them away from it if it is where they live. He has not had the opportunity to get away from it sounds like.

Living in LA it seems more common and normal to me. We hear of numerous family members being killed year in and year out. Father, son, brother and sometimes even small children. These kids grow up in the nearest thing to hell we could imagine.

Sad if it takes his only chance of getting out, away.

So, I am reading about Buckeye recruit Jamel Turner, and I hope he ends up okay (I really do), but this is the second time this guy has been shot. What are the odds of making it through two separate shootings? I don't pay attention to recruiting reports b/c I find them silly and had never heard about this kid before. I cannot get over the fact that you can be shot twice, two different occasions and multiple times, and still be breathing. I hope he lives and does something positive, it will not be on the football field, but maybe somewhere else.

Youngstown can be a really rough place. From what I have been reading, he wasn't going to be at OSU this year anyways. Too many acedemic problems (kicked out of HS at Ursuline and left Fork Union Military Academy before the end of the year). It really is a shame. I watched him in the D5 state championship game in 2008 when his team went up against Aaron Craft (OSU BBall recruit and great QB) and Turner made Craft look slow at times. It is amazing how much talent comes out of Ursuline and Mooney.

Youngstown can be a really rough place. From what I have been reading, he wasn't going to be at OSU this year anyways. Too many acedemic problems (kicked out of HS at Ursuline and left Fork Union Military Academy before the end of the year). It really is a shame. I watched him in the D5 state championship game in 2008 when his team went up against Aaron Craft (OSU BBall recruit and great QB) and Turner made Craft look slow at times. It is amazing how much talent comes out of Ursuline and Mooney.

where did you go to for high school?

Bluffton. Why do you ask?

There was a BB recruit out of Kansas City this past year that has survived even more, rumored he's been shot 5 times in his life and lived.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/02/24/1771906/northeasts-robinson-hopes-basketball.html

Robinson, the senior point guard on the Northeast High School boys basketball team, has been arrested, served probation, faced academic suspension and has been shot, perhaps as many as five times — no one’s really saying for sure. The odds are seemingly not in his favor.

Another time, Robinson says a bullet tore through his inner thigh while he and his older brother were being chased by a kid with a gun. Robinson also admits that he’s been shot on several different occasions — right arm, back, stomach, leg. He chooses not to elaborate on those incidents.

One time, it seems, bullets might have ended it all for Robinson, but basketball seemingly saved his life. Robinson should’ve been with Darron that summer day two years ago, but instead was playing basketball. He was on the court when a call came through with the news that his brother had been shot.

Darron died. He was just 20 years old.

Bluffton. Why do you ask?

isn't that where Doug Funny went to school?