Video: ESPN dissects the Blackshirts

Am I the only one who thought this breakdown lacked any actual facts or insights into NU's defense? I know this is an :espnsucks: segment, but give a guy a little scheme, talk some X's and O's. Anything other than this filler piece about our coaching staff's intensity and the fact that NU defenses try to gang tackle opposing ball carriers whenever possible, as if it's some new revelation to the CFB universe. <_<

Am I the only one who thought this breakdown lacked any actual facts or insights into NU's defense? I know this is an :espnsucks: segment, but give a guy a little scheme, talk some X's and O's. Anything other than this filler piece about our coaching staff's intensity and the fact that NU defenses try to gang tackle opposing ball carriers whenever possible, as if it's some new revelation to the CFB universe. <_<

Yeah no kidding, but this type of stuff is very typical of College Football Live. It's also partly due to the fact that they had the goon Trevor Matich do the segment. He seems like he's a nice enough guy, but I'm not convinced he has it all going on upstairs. He seems kind of blank to me sometimes...

Personally anytime ESPN puts Nebraska in a positive light I am elated.

Not to long ago there was nothing positive to be said. And not just by ESPN.

Positive is good thing even if it isn't information from a footbal genious.

Agreed.

Plus, you also have to look at it from a scheme stand point. I would tend to think quite a few people out there don't know the different gaps and pre-snap checks that go on for a defense. They don't want to confuse people, so they find the simplest explanation they can and run with it.