Cyclown Fanatic.....fools

so even if ISU is markedly better this year, that has no bearing. NU will still be a much more solid team, no matter how much better ISU is

now that makes perfect sense....

no matter how much better isu is... even a thousand million times better... NU will still be a much more solid team :bang

Dude, just let the goats cross the bridge, you troll.

If you're gonna pick a fight, at least know how to say something intelligent.

something intelligent like...

no matter how much better nu gets, nu can't beat the isu team that beat them last year.

does my loyalty to a crappy football team surprise...

or offend you?

Fans exist even for the crappy teams. It's easy to cheer for a winner.

no matter how much better nu gets, nu can't beat the isu team that beat them last year.

or offend you?

There's a difference between being loyal and being delusional.

We could say Iowa State could beat Nebraska if Iowa State had Suh, but that doesn't mean that the statement has any bearing on reality.

Have you been reading the thread at all? I'm a Cyclone fan through and through. Hence the name. I've been trying to have an intelligent conversation with another fanbase about my team, where others like yourself have been doing nothing but dancing around, shoving an extremely lucky victory down Nebraska fans' throats, and if you look at the thread, it's doing our reputation no good whatsoever.

• Fire 2
so even if ISU is markedly better this year, that has no bearing. NU will still be a much more solid team, no matter how much better ISU is

no matter how much better isu is... even a thousand million times better... NU will still be a much more solid team :bang

Dude, just let the goats cross the bridge, you troll.

If you're gonna pick a fight, at least know how to say something intelligent.

or offend you?

you know he is an ISU fan right?? and a good one at that i might add....you could learn a thing or 2...

that is something. if isu is a million times better than they were last year, yes they will be better than NU. no argument here. however, as i said, if ISU is just markedly better, NU will still have a better team. i am not sure what i said that made you think what you did. i am guessing the over/under for how many points isu scores will be in the single digits.

what i find odd from spending time on the ISU message board is so many posters use this logic, "we lost to KU because we missed our field goals, if we just have better kicking we will win this year" as if every game is a re-do for the losing team and everything will go the same except the losing team will be able to fix what went wrong last year. games are not "all things being equal". each year they are completely different, so are teams (even if you have many of the same players). it is just odd how many people use the logic, "last year we lost because of 'x', if we just fix 'x' we will win". no it does not work that way. (and don't say people on huskerboard are crazy, we know, every fanbase is crazy when judging their own team and completely rational when judging other teams, it psychological biases) just as you cannot say, "if our defense plays as good last year against NU, we will have a chance." no, if your defense plays as good, and our offense plays as good and avoids fumbles we win big. or if your defense plays as good, but our offense plays much better, we win. and who is to say what team will show up on either side of the ball for either team.

it really is not hard to predict football games however, vegas does a pretty good job, that is why that city can build pyramids and gold encrusted hotels. i say we will be favored by at least 2 tds (even though you have the jack trice 'factor') and we will win because we will have a strong defense, a team on the upswing, and isu tends to plateau and has a soul-crushing schedule (even if you are better, it will be hard to notice because you will still be lucky to go .500).

but honestly, good luck.

edit: also, when i said, "no matter how much better ISU is," i meant realistically in the next season. i did not mean if ISU and TU switched players ISU would still lose. you seemed to have missed the context of my post. "no matter how much better isu can be next year given their current program", not "no matter how much better isu could be in a million years with the new orleans saints realizing they all have one more year of eligibility and want to use it up at ISU, and the NCAA and NFL made a special exception because it was brett favre's career's make a wish." i guess it is easy to get confused when one exists in imaginationland.

that is something. if isu is a million times better than they were last year, yes they will be better than NU. no argument here. however, as i said, if ISU is just markedly better, NU will still have a better team. i am not sure what i said that made you think what you did. i am guessing the over/under for how many points isu scores will be in the single digits.

He either cannot comprehend what he is reading or he chooses not to. Not really sure which one it is though.

it really is not hard to predict football games however, vegas does a pretty good job, that is why that city can build pyramids and gold encrusted hotels. i say we will be favored by at least 2 tds (even though you have the jack trice 'factor') and we will win because we will have a strong defense, a team on the upswing, and isu tends to plateau and has a soul-crushing schedule (even if you are better, it will be hard to notice because you will still be lucky to go .500).

Agreed

Good god, these Cyclown fans are amazing. If you ever need a good laugh just go check out their board. Some ace clown posted a new poll this morning debating which game was a better win: Iowa's Orange bowl or ISU's Insight bowl. Believe it or not, it is about 60-40. 40% of their fanbase thinks their Insight win was better than Iowa's Orange bowl.

You honestly cant make this $hit up. I feel bad for you Sloup & Clone, why do you associate yourself with these people?

Insight Bowl > Orange Bowl......allegedly

Good god, these Cyclown fans are amazing. If you ever need a good laugh just go check out their board. Some ace clown posted a new poll this morning debating which game was a better win: Iowa's Orange bowl or ISU's Insight bowl. Believe it or not, it is about 60-40. 40% of their fanbase thinks their Insight win was better than Iowa's Orange bowl.

You honestly cant make this $hit up. I feel bad for you Sloup & Clone, why do you associate yourself with these people?

i used to read tigerboard for entertainment, now it looks like isu's board has surpassed tigerboard and is catching up to 'the onion'.

from the op.

I think that our win in the Insight Bowl was far more impressive than Iowa's win in the Orange Bowl. Some may say I am crazy but it was Paul Rhoads' first year as a coach and even making a bowl with the squad he fielded was a miracle. We also beat a Minnesota team who we must remember only lost to Iowa by 12 pts.

don't forget, minnesota also only beat South Dakota State be a field goal.

Meanwhile Iowa, an already established program with the stability of having a coach for a decade beat GT in the Orange Bowl. GT was a one dimensional team that cant even pass. That is not that impressive. I think just about any coach in America given 3 weeks to prepare can scheme to stop a one dimensional team.

pinkel couldn't.

edit: i do understand what that thread is all about. i think they mean, "which win was more meaningful to the program." but still, the orange bowl is a pretty big deal. and their game was on the nfl network, and do not forget that this is the age of the midas.com coupon-for-5-dollars-off-a-new-muffler bowl.

It's easy to cheer for a winner.

At least, that's what you've heard, because you certainly wouldn't know. Or is that just what makes you feel better?

oh.. I know alright.

I have cheered for a winner for over 30 years.

they are called the nebraska cornhuskers. and yes, I can say with experience, it's easier to cheer for a winner.

I have worked in neb for over thirty years and follow the team as closely or closer than many husker "fans" I work with. As you know, many can't tell you the name of the current qb.

I have been to dozens of games at memorial stadium and even few in Ames-- when the huskers played there.

Having grown up with two teams in Iowa, I learned a long time ago that you can root for more than one team. Just not for two teams at once. When the mighty huskers play the lowly clones... I root for the clones.

I've done that since I discovered college football actually existed... 1970.

bo pelini has played isu twice since he took the reins, he won one easily and lost one painfully.

Most recently - he lost one, painfully, at home.

Bo pelini offenses average 7 points against Paul Rhodes defenses.

what part of that short history makes you think he'll win the next one on the road?

we can play these goofy games all day.

point is, despite what the average husker fan thinks, past wins/losses mean very little, especially to the players on the field.

the further back you go in time, the less they mean tomorrow.

Many of the guys that won big at ISU in 2008... aren't here. There will be more guys on BOTH 2010 rosters that played in the 2009 isu victory than the 2008 game... just the numbers.

BTW- IMO, it will take a miracle to beat neb two years in a row. But doing it last year makes some clone fans extra hopeful that it CAN happen.

It's a FAN thing. :)

oh.. I know alright.

I have cheered for a winner for over 30 years.

they are called the nebraska cornhuskers. and yes, I can say with experience, it's easier to cheer for a winner.

I have worked in neb for over thirty years and follow the team as closely or closer than many husker "fans" I work with. As you know, many can't tell you the name of the current qb.

I have been to dozens of games at memorial stadium and even few in Ames-- when the huskers played there.

Having grown up with two teams in Iowa, I learned a long time ago that you can root for more than one team. Just not for two teams at once. When the mighty huskers play the lowly clones... I root for the clones.

I've done that since I discovered college football actually existed... 1970.

I think the evidence speaks for itself.

yup. isu boards can vary in their temperment and content. I only post on one (using a different user name) because of that. I usually struggle with the whining so I haven't posted there for very long either.

but in fairness- husker boards vary quite a bit too.

on the other husker board I post on, I post as clone too (about the same # of posts too), you can go 10 pages deep without a thread dedicated to bad-mouthing ISU or one of their forums.

go figure.

yup. isu boards can vary in their temperment and content. I only post on one (using a different user name) because of that. I usually struggle with the whining so I haven't posted there for very long either.

on the other husker board I post on, I post as clone too (about the same # of posts too), you can go 10 pages deep without a thread dedicated to bad-mouthing ISU or one of their forums.

go figure.

sounds boring.

is there any ISU board where you can go ten pages without a thread dedicated to bad-mouthing NU or one of their forums?

go figure.

For your whine:

cheese-semifirmgroup.jpg