How long will it be...

How many years before Bo Wins a MNC  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think this year's team would be good enough to win the title due to O-Line play.. However, I do feel that this year's and last year's recruiting class could be MNC contender quality. Assuming the defense remains in the top 10 for years to come, I see Bo's first MNC or at least appearance in the big game to come 4-5 years down the line.

I don't think this year's team would be good enough to win the title due to O-Line play.. However, I do feel that this year's and last year's recruiting class could be MNC contender quality. Assuming the defense remains in the top 10 for years to come, I see Bo's first MNC or at least appearance in the big game to come 4-5 years down the line.

I picked 3-5. If the defense continues we could be a contender sooner than that, but i dont foresee the offense becoming good enough for a couple years. Bo's defense's will be good enough for us to be in the conversation for the foreseeable future, however untill we figure out how to be competant on the other side of the ball we may not get over the hump. But whose to say we dont have a break out offensive season this year similar to 2008, only with a good to great defense.

On the other hand, things could completely fall apart. :moreinteresting

When we actually beat a top 10 and above team, there may be a possibility. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

I think he has the ability, but the luck to win one is beyond belief.

I never expect NC's, hope for them, but never predict them.

I believe in Bo's program that he's running here. Very, very much. I say we show him patience and give him as long as he wants to. I think we'll be consistent contenders under Bo. Whether or not we shake a MNC out of that, we'll see what happens. I don't think an early MNC or a late MNC or even no MNC is a primary reflection of the program - if we win 9-10 games a year and come close plenty of times, I don't think that will be a mistake, keeping Bo.

I'd love to get there though. I think Bo has as much potential as anyone in the nation to take us to that level of eliteness.

• Fire 1

I believe in Bo's program that he's running here. Very, very much. I say we show him patience and give him as long as he wants to. I think we'll be consistent contenders under Bo. Whether or not we shake a MNC out of that, we'll see what happens. I don't think an early MNC or a late MNC or even no MNC is a primary reflection of the program - if we win 9-10 games a year and come close plenty of times, I don't think that will be a mistake, keeping Bo.

I'd love to get there though. I think Bo has as much potential as anyone in the nation to take us to that level of eliteness.

I totally agree with this post. It took Coach Osborne a few years to get it right, so I say Bo has at least another 15 or so to come up with one, as long as we are playing like Nebraska each and every game. I never see that changing so I think we are on a good path with his leadership.

I totally agree with this post. It took Coach Osborne a few years to get it right, so I say Bo has at least another 15 or so to come up with one, as long as we are playing like Nebraska each and every game. I never see that changing so I think we are on a good path with his leadership.

ummmm...i think your math is off...it can keep getting 9-10 wins i believe the time frame we gave Dr. Tom was 22 years...so lets at least give him that if he continues to win 9-10 wins

ummmm...i think your math is off...it can keep getting 9-10 wins i believe the time frame we gave Dr. Tom was 22 years...so lets at least give him that if he continues to win 9-10 wins

Well, that's true enough but TO came within an eyelash of winning NCs in 1982 & 83. Maybe just plain luck is the biggest variable.

I think Bo/Carl will always have a vicious defense so it's time for Bo to start taking control of the offense. There's no need to waste anymore NC quality defenses as we're back in the hunt. Where we should be.

I was giving him a little less time as I think Nebraska fans are more impatient than they were.

I think he is the man to get us back, but as long as the kids play like last year, I have no problems with no NC in the locker. As stated, winning them is a lot of luck no matter how good you are.

Like last year, Texas out because of Colt's injury, could it have been different who knows, but it was lucky for Alabama to have it happen, that kid never sat out. It's just how the ball bounces.

I think Bo is going to restore us to being a competitive player on the National level and in honesty that is all I ask of him.

As most know I was totally against his hiring, but the way he has handled the program since he arrived and the motivation and fire he puts in his players has changed my mind on him.

It took TO many years to get his first, and it also took Bobby Bowden several years to get his first. They just don't hand the NC out. They're very difficult to come by. While Big Game Bob Stoops won one pretty much right out of the gate, he's only come close since. I chose 5-10 years, but it's quite possible that it will take longer than that. The biggest question is how long will the fans give him to win a NC? Look at Tressel at Ohio State. The fans there are getting impatient. Look at OU. The fans there are getting a little stressed out.

I was giving him a little less time as I think Nebraska fans are more impatient than they were.

I think he is the man to get us back, but as long as the kids play like last year, I have no problems with no NC in the locker. As stated, winning them is a lot of luck no matter how good you are.

Like last year, Texas out because of Colt's injury, could it have been different who knows, but it was lucky for Alabama to have it happen, that kid never sat out. It's just how the ball bounces.

I think Bo is going to restore us to being a competitive player on the National level and in honesty that is all I ask of him.

As most know I was totally against his hiring, but the way he has handled the program since he arrived and the motivation and fire he puts in his players has changed my mind on him.

This is exactly how I look at it. There is a lot of luck involved. But what you can do is be consistently good enough to give yourself the opportunity. No one thought TOSU could beat Miami in 2002. We got lucky that year that Oklahoma lost one somewhere along the line or we wouldn't have even had the chance to play in that game. Oklahoma's BCS ranking was higher all year until they lost. The year we played LSU, we completely backed into the Nat'l Championship game because all the schools ahead of us lost in the last couple weeks. But we were consistently good enough that we got the opportunities. That's the key imo and that's all you can ask for from your coach imo. Wish we would have been better at seizing those opportunities, but that doesn't always happen obviously. Seems to me that if you can stay top 10 most years and get top 5 some of those years, you've always got a shot at that opportunity. And once your in the game, anything can happen.

Just food for thought, TOSU started ranked 12 (iirc) the year we won it all. Pretty low I would guess compared to where most champions start the season. I would bet that's an anomaly, but it shows that it can still happen.

This is exactly how I look at it. There is a lot of luck involved. But what you can do is be consistently good enough to give yourself the opportunity. No one thought TOSU could beat Miami in 2002. We got lucky that year that Oklahoma lost one somewhere along the line or we wouldn't have even had the chance to play in that game. Oklahoma's BCS ranking was higher all year until they lost. The year we played LSU, we completely backed into the Nat'l Championship game because all the schools ahead of us lost in the last couple weeks. But we were consistently good enough that we got the opportunities. That's the key imo and that's all you can ask for from your coach imo. Wish we would have been better at seizing those opportunities, but that doesn't always happen obviously. Seems to me that if you can stay top 10 most years and get top 5 some of those years, you've always got a shot at that opportunity. And once your in the game, anything can happen.

Just food for thought, TOSU started ranked 12 (iirc) the year we won it all. Pretty low I would guess compared to where most champions start the season. I would bet that's an anomaly, but it shows that it can still happen.

i wonder what the average preseason ranking is for the NC winner since the BCS was started