Predict 2011 Schedule

Creed

This is my version:

Week 10 Nov 05 @ Iowa.

Week 11 Nov 12 vs. Minn

Week 12 Nov 19 @ Illinois

Week 13 Nov 25: vs. Wisconsin (Day after Thanksgiving)

Week 14 Dec 03: Title game in Indy

==========

East Division: Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana

West Division: Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern

East "Rival": Michigan

Bold = likely ranked teams

You don't think they will match Iowa & NU as the last game of the year on an annual basis?

This is my version:

Week 10 Nov 05 @ Iowa.

Week 11 Nov 12 vs. Minn

Week 12 Nov 19 @ Illinois

Week 13 Nov 25: vs. Wisconsin (Day after Thanksgiving)

Week 14 Dec 03: Title game in Indy

==========

East Division: Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana

West Division: Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern

East "Rival": Michigan

You don't think they will match Iowa & NU as the last game of the year on an annual basis?

IMHO, Iowa vs. NU. The rivalry is already there. It could be first game or last game.

WI vs. NU needs a little help. But just a little - nothing like CU vs. NU.

IMO, Thursday night games give a lot more exposure. There's no competing games, so all college football fans eyes are on your team. Plus, I'm not aware of many high schools that play Thursday night games meaning potential recruits have their eyes on you as well. The downside is a short week unless you have a week off the previous week. However, this can be good for the team if the next week's opponent is a ranked team.

Thursday night games are awesome. I mean, if you love college football what's better than getting the kids in bed for the night, sitting down to relaxe on the sofa, turning on the TV near the end of the work week and then....BAM!!!...college football in the house!

I agree. But IMO the Thu. night games have a stigma of being "lesser" tams trying to get on TV. I prefer my team to play on Sat.

Thursdays are for Louisville, Boise St and MAC schools. I still don't mind watching them though. It better than the alternatives usually.

Absolutely agree.

Thursday night games are awesome. I mean, if you love college football what's better than getting the kids in bed for the night, sitting down to relaxe on the sofa, turning on the TV near the end of the work week and then....BAM!!!...college football in the house!

I agree. But IMO the Thu. night games have a stigma of being "lesser" tams trying to get on TV. I prefer my team to play on Sat.

Thursdays are for Louisville, Boise St and MAC schools. I still don't mind watching them though. It better than the alternatives usually.

I'm with the PSU guy on this. I love the Thursday night games. Especially when it's NU. Nice way to get another cfb event in the week.

09-03-11 - Non Con TBD

09-10-11 - Fresno State

09-17-11 - Washington

09-24-11 - @ Wyoming

10-01-11 - Indiana

10-08-11 - BYE

10-15-11 - @ Illinois

10-22-11 - Michigan St

10-29-11 - @ Ohio St

11-05-11 - Minnesota

11-12-11 - @ Wisconsin

11-19-11 - @ Iowa

11-25-11 - Penn State

12-03-11 - CCG Location TBD

I see one of our existing Non Cons being rescheduled to fill the 9-3 slot and going to a 9 game Conf Schedule. I don't know how many of the existing Big Ten schools currently have 4 non cons already scheduled, so that may make the 9 game Conf Schedule hard to do right away. Perhaps a deadline of 2014 or something like that and the Conf Schedule goes to 9 games, giving teams the time to buy out/change venue etc to accommodate the 9 game Conf Schedule. Most of the programs will try to always have 7 home games a year, thus every other year they will have 5 road games by default. I do see us being in a division with Penn State somehow. It'll be interesting and can't wait! My preference is to have a Michigan or Ohio State for the 1st home conference game, but I doubt that will happen. GO BIG RED!

It is going to take a HUGE negotiation effort to work NU into the Big 10 schedules. Since their conf scheds are pretty much full already at least a couple teams are gonna have to move their own games around to accommodate us. No way we can just plop into everyone’s bye week.

We might end up moving a non-conf game or two to later in the season. And using the early weeks to play Big 10 games.

thursday night games ruin thirsty thursdays for us college kids...stay on saturdays so we only have to show up with a hangover

You should be in your dorm or apartment studying on a Thursday night, not out drinking it up.

That's what I used to do.

:rollin

...although there was that one time before finals week, and then there was this other time...

(sigh) so many stories my kids will never be allowed to hear

It is going to take a HUGE negotiation effort to work NU into the Big 10 schedules. Since their conf scheds are pretty much full already at least a couple teams are gonna have to move their own games around to accommodate us. No way we can just plop into everyone’s bye week.

We might end up moving a non-conf game or two to later in the season. And using the early weeks to play Big 10 games.

I don't think that it will be that big of a deal. Just figure out which rotation they want to use, and plug NU in where applicable.

Does anyone know when the Big 10 is going to announce the 2011 schedule?

Last I had heard was divisions and schedule including Nebraska was Sept. 1

Personally, I want Neb, PSU, Iowa (West) & tOSU, UM, Wisc. (East) split the rest however works best.

gotchman: You really think they will schedule Indiana (the worst team in the league) as NU's first conf game? I think the Big 10 will have a marquee game since the game will receive a lot of hype.

For sure, the first game will be tOSU, UM, or PSU in Lincoln. Without a doubt.

gotchman: You really think they will schedule Indiana (the worst team in the league) as NU's first conf game? I think the Big 10 will have a marquee game since the game will receive a lot of hype.

For sure, the first game will be tOSU, UM, or PSU in Lincoln. Without a doubt.

OSU, PSU, or Iowa. Iowa has geography and recent success to suggest it as the first. If they want real hype, it'll be OSU (if only because the projections/expectations for OSU are through the roof this year). If they want a combo of brand name and historical context, PSU.

I'd love for it to be OSU, but I think (wild guess, here) PSU/Iowa are more likely.