Big 12 Championship Game

I just watched this game again. That play that Gomes made for that pick was tremendous. I cant believe that he had the presence of mind to even think about it, let alone pull it off.

The end of the game still pisses me off as it always will. I flat out think that they cheated us out of this one and there really isnt any more to say about that.

My point for posting this is...

Can we start playing some f@#king football?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Like tomorrow???????

I just watched this game again. That play that Gomes made for that pick was tremendous. I cant believe that he had the presence of mind to even think about it, let alone pull it off.

The only bad thing about DeJon Gomes is that we only have one more year of him. If only he'd have been here his whole career. Bummer.

The end of the game still pisses me off as it always will. I flat out think that they cheated us out of this one and there really isnt any more to say about that.

Can we start playing some f@#king football?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Like tomorrow???????

So we still didn't win?

The only bad thing about DeJon Gomes is that we only have one more year of him. If only he'd have been here his whole career. Bummer.

Very true.

Although, the bright side of that is that Bo is good enough at spotting defensive talent that I think we're going to be seeing a lot more guys like DeJon Gomes. What a BAMF. :throwdabones1:

So we still didn't win?

Perhaps I should give it a try....I just don't know if I can handle another 1 second loss...

How in the world has this mindset evolved so far? Texas did what anyone would do in that situation, Bo and Nebraska included. They pleaded their case to win the game, and the refs reversed the lack of call. If we were cheated, it was by the referees. In addition, the fact of there still being time left when the ball hit out of bounds isn't even a question, there most definitely was. The only question is whether or not it's acceptable to review and alter that play, and turns out that night it was. Dangit.

How in the world has this mindset evolved so far? Texas did what anyone would do in that situation, Bo and Nebraska included. They pleaded their case to win the game, and the refs reversed the lack of call. If we were cheated, it was by the referees. In addition, the fact of there still being time left when the ball hit out of bounds isn't even a question, there most definitely was. The only question is whether or not it's acceptable to review and alter that play, and turns out that night it was. Dangit.

I agree. All told, if we were Texas, I'd feel like that should be a win for us. As it stands, it should have been a win for Nebraska, but we blew it with the kickoff, the horse collar, and the failure to run out the clock (it was just a second away). Whatever the rules are, we didn't run out the clock and that is a terribly sucky way to win a game if we had won it that way. It'd be like if Germany had beaten England 1-0 on account of Frank Lampard's clearly-in goal that wasn't counted. We lost the game because of all those things, and because the Texas kicker got the kick away and didn't miss. It was close, but we lost.