Nebraska unanimous pick to win North

I really hope OU beats UT in the Red River Shootout. I'd like to see UT come into Lincoln reeling from a loss.

It'd be poetic if NU and OU played for the Big 12 title. It'd be a fitting way for NU to exit the conference.

No way! We hope they come in undefeated and take a loss to us which unravels their whole season and they lose 2-3 more games after us. We want UT to be unblemished.

We'll just have to disagree.

If UT beats OU, then there is a good chance we'll play them again in Dallas. I'm not keen on that idea. I'd much rather play OU for the title instead.

Second that ^^^

Winner of RRR this year wins the south, no doubt in my mind. And I think we can all agree that we want to play OU in the CCG, unless you're really obsessed with Texas

I really hope OU beats UT in the Red River Shootout. I'd like to see UT come into Lincoln reeling from a loss.

It'd be poetic if NU and OU played for the Big 12 title. It'd be a fitting way for NU to exit the conference.

Couldn't agree more. The preferable situation in my book would be if the RRS was AFTER the TX v. NU game. That way, Texas would come into the game undefeated, we'd kick their face in, and then they would lose every game for the rest of all time.

But, I would really like to see OU in the title game. Not only would it be poetic, but I wouldn't mind losing to them. Losing to Texas is unbearable.

Couldn't agree more. The preferable situation in my book would be if the RRS was AFTER the TX v. NU game. That way, Texas would come into the game undefeated, we'd kick their face in, and then they would lose every game for the rest of all time.

But, I would really like to see OU in the title game. Not only would it be poetic, but I wouldn't mind losing to them. Losing to Texas is unbearable.

I agree. Losing to OU would bite but not too badly. Losing to Texas would be 10,000 times worse.

No way! We hope they come in undefeated and take a loss to us which unravels their whole season and they lose 2-3 more games after us. We want UT to be unblemished.

I would have to agree with nexus, although I do see your point. I think just for the sake of history having one last OU VS. NU show down where the winner plays for the National Title.

Guy on KC radio (Nick Wright) commented about the rankings. He agreed with them, but had reservations about NU and MU. His take is that the two most important factors in a football's team success is a good QB and a good coach. He likes Pelini and Gabbert. Then spent 30 minutes bashing Lee's stats after ArkSt. I didn't get to listen to the end, didn't have my cell so I did email him and asked if he knew that he played the last 12 games with an injured throwing elbow.

Did any one listen and did some one call and straighten him out?

Guy on KC radio (Nick Wright) commented about the rankings. He agreed with them, but had reservations about NU and MU. His take is that the two most important factors in a football's team success is a good QB and a good coach. He likes Pelini and Gabbert. Then spent 30 minutes bashing Lee's stats after ArkSt. I didn't get to listen to the end, didn't have my cell so I did email him and asked if he knew that he played the last 12 games with an injured throwing elbow.

Was it this?

Was it this?

It was this 2/3 of the way down

Basically said NU really doesn't have a QB, Green should have had more of a chance to see what he had. He said he did not care if Lee was hurt or not. He did put down KSU fan who said they were 1 fumble away from winning the north.

Was it this?

It was this 2/3 of the way down

Basically said NU really doesn't have a QB, Green should have had more of a chance to see what he had. He said he did not care if Lee was hurt or not. He did put down KSU fan who said they were 1 fumble away from winning the north.

This was hilarious when he went off on KSU.

ULL 17, KSU 15

ULL 0, NU 55

NU 17, KSU 3

Just a quick synopsis :ahhhhhhhh

I listned up to the first break and what cracked me up is he all but

said Gary Pinkel is the worst game day coach there is in the big 12-2.

I listned up to the first break and what cracked me up is he all but

said Gary Pinkel is the worst game day coach there is in the big 12-2.

He is dead right. With all the talent the had in '08 they shoulve been 10-2, at worst. He must of took tips from ND on losing to Navy in the bowl game. He blew the game last year against us, bash me if you will, but had mizzou had that game won.

i hope we beat texas but i'm still nervous about a couple games this year....

1. washington (but hopefull we'll pull it out)

2. Okie State (now if we do lose the texas game and come into this on the road it might not be pretty or then again it might be a statement game.. .could go either way)

3. Texas AM (they just scare me for some reason)

nothing really to do with the BIG 12 north or anything just some random thoughts

Barring an Iowa State-esque melt down where we have more turnovers than a bakery, we are not going to lose this game. OSU loses 4/5 of its oline including Russell Okung, they also lose Robinson and Tosten on offense. Their defense is going to be young and inexperienced next year...they have 2 or 3 returning starters. They'll be geting scored on like a co-ed at a Colorado recruiting party.

Well, if nobody else is gonna say it, I will... Bravo. Unfortunately, that is the most common way to catch the dreaded "Black-and-Gold Plague" disease that's been making the rounds in Colorado.

i laugh at nick...he doesn't like lee...i can't say i do either...but i don't hate lee

he said look at box scores and you will see how bad he was...so i did

you know what i found....

zac lee is better in than gabbert...that's right...in the pouring rain, at mizzou stadium, zac lee is beeter

playeraaaaaaaaaaaaacomp-attaaaacomp%aaaaaayardsaaaaa ypaaaaaaaTDaaaaaINT

Zac Leeaaaaaaaaaaaa14-33aaaaaaa42%aaaaaaa158aaaaaaa4.8aaaaaaa3aaaaaa0

Blaine Gabbertaaaaaaa17-43aaaaaaa40%aaaaaaa134aaaaaaa3.1aaaaaaa0aaaaaa2

i think lee say it best when he says nothing at all

26092000E.jpg

Apparently this guy disagrees....

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/21/2099283/a-unanimous-vote-for-the-huskers.html

The Big 12 might want to issue a correction — albeit a small and pretty darned meaningless one — about the media being unanimous in picking Nebraska’s football team to win the Big 12 North.

I didn’t pick the Cornhuskers — though given that Missouri plays at Nebraska, I probably should have and probably would now.

A call to the Big 12 office produced a very nice apology:

“Thanks, Mike. Sorry about the poll. All I can guess is it was either misplaced once I printed it off or the intern who assisted me accidentally miscalculated points. I’ll make sure your votes are counted for the preseason team.”

This goober actually called the big 12 office for an apology?

Apparently this guy disagrees....

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/21/2099283/a-unanimous-vote-for-the-huskers.html

The Big 12 might want to issue a correction — albeit a small and pretty darned meaningless one — about the media being unanimous in picking Nebraska’s football team to win the Big 12 North.

I didn’t pick the Cornhuskers — though given that Missouri plays at Nebraska, I probably should have and probably would now.

A call to the Big 12 office produced a very nice apology:

“Thanks, Mike. Sorry about the poll. All I can guess is it was either misplaced once I printed it off or the intern who assisted me accidentally miscalculated points. I’ll make sure your votes are counted for the preseason team.”

This goober actually called the big 12 office for an apology?

My favorite part was that after asking for said apology, he actually cleared up that he should have voted for NU because he failed to notice that Mizzou has to come to Lincoln. This guy is a freaking AP voter. AN AP VOTER! And he didn't know (or bother to look) at Mizzou's schedule?! Not to mention his his undefendable picks for the all-big12 team.

Jerrell Jackson and Derrick Washington on his all-conf. team...