a few notes from media days

...but the offensive line got Huskers coach Bo Pelini fired up on Monday afternoon, saying it was "absolutely" the best situation he's had since coming to Lincoln, adding that it was "Not even close.

We really like our young talent on the offensive line, and we added a couple of young men in the incoming class, and it's nice to have depth at that position because they pound," he said. "They get beat up. I mean, it's a long season, and I think you look across the board, this is the first time we've had that."

Taken from the ESPN Big 12 blog. Probably the best news I've heard in awhile.

Todd Henrichs:

Crick: "Our depth is great. I'm looking forward to the compeition guys are going to have."

The "live feed" from the Big 12 is brutal. Very choppy and very, very behind real time. Crick is speaking to the media now, but they're only about 2/3 of the way through Bo's comments.

Probably will be the same "live feed" that Beebe is installing as the new Big 12 Network.

HuskerExtraBC:

Bo: Clarifies "Nebraska's back" comment after bowl game. Says he just means the culture he hoped to instill is in place now.

i don't know what do think about that? i think he meant more than just that? was the "nebraska's back" one of the few times bo was not using coach speak and demonstrating honest emotion?

i think he meant that we can compete with any team.

HuskerExtraBC:

Bo: Clarifies "Nebraska's back" comment after bowl game. Says he just means the culture he hoped to instill is in place now.

i don't know what do think about that? i think he meant more than just that? was the "nebraska's back" one of the few times bo was not using coach speak and demonstrating honest emotion?

I kinda wish that he would of not said that "nebraskas back" I would feel more comfortable with him saying that after we win the big12 championshp

HuskerExtraBC:

I kinda wish that he would of not said that "nebraskas back" I would feel more comfortable with him saying that after we win the big12 championshp

first, you sig is making me sick.

second, i understand what you are saying, but our defense was so good largely in part because of confidence. i think that statement by the coach gives the entire team a lot of confidence and gets back some of that, for a lack of a better word, "swagger". i think it was good for the team, and it is vague enough not to be too harmful.

HuskerExtraBC:

it was an emotional statement that he truely meant.. he is trying to save face in the media and not sound to cocky.. but we all know we r back and here to stay :koolaid2:

yeah I know what you mean we are "back" in the sense that we can compete with top teams now. We just arent back back if you know what I mean. Isnt it rediculous how we didnt get a penalty for that play in my sig? haha