Commitment bailouts who never beat us

There have been a few great recruits who committed to NU, only to renege before signing day. Some went to teams who never beat us——or teams that turned out to be crappy (even though we never played them).

The most notable recent example I can think of is Josh Freeman. His KSU kitties went 0-3 against NU while Freeman was there. Great QB. Poor choice of college.

Although he never committed, I felt like Gabe Lynn was ours until that debacle game against the Sooners 2 years ago. He removed us from his prospects pretty soon after that. I was always pretty high on that guy.

In his first year as a redshirt, we beat his Sooners. There's got to be a little bit of regret there from him.

David Ross, he couldve been a pure lockdown corner for us when Pelini and Sanders got here. Just look at what they have done with Prince and Alphonzo.

I could be wrong, but didn't Ross not get here because he didn't qualify, not due to defection?

He dropped us for Oregon State

We beat Blaine and Mizzou this year and he will have never beaten us either. You can't count when he was Chase Daniel's whipping boy his frosh year. I wonder if OK St. is at all mad at us for picking up Chase Rome. He was committed to them before. I sometimes think about what the view of that recruiting steal was over there.

David Ross, he couldve been a pure lockdown corner for us when Pelini and Sanders got here. Just look at what they have done with Prince and Alphonzo.

I could be wrong, but didn't Ross not get here because he didn't qualify, not due to defection?

He dropped us for Oregon State

Off topic but im digging the new most wanted.. :cheers:thumbs

Plenty of guys have to be feeling stupid about decommitting from NU right now. Obviously, you guys nailed Lynn, the Mizzou boys (don't forget Dan Hoch!), and the Colorado guys, but you forgot a few lesser known recruits. A DT a couple years back dropped us for A&M, I think his name was Eddie Brown, IIRC. We'll get a shot at making him regret this year. Also, I don't know if you can even count Admire, but that DE, Kevin Young, and Keeston Terry, who dropped us for KU a while back. Hmm, must have been something really intriguing about the fat man to make him go to KU. They're 0-1 against us so far. I also consider Gabb 0-1 against NU... I am NOT counting his frosh year when he got garbage behind Booger Boy.

I wonder if Trevor Robinson regrets his decision at all? Sure his career hasn't exactly been a bust at Notre Lame. But with all losing the Irish have been doing, the coaching changes, and his recent move to Tackle, I imagine he didn't exactly step into the "golden opportunity" he thought he would. Oh well, that's what he gets for buying into Charlie Wiess's :bs: .

notre_Dame_sucks.jpg

I wonder if Trevor Robinson regrets his decision at all? Sure his career hasn't exactly been a bust at Notre Lame. But with all losing the Irish have been doing, the coaching changes, and his recent move to Tackle, I imagine he didn't exactly step into the "golden opportunity" he thought he would. Oh well, that's what he gets for buying into Charlie Wiess's :bs: .

I’m glad you mentioned Robinson. I wonder if he regrets/relishes his decision. Same with Harlan Gunn who went to Miami.

I’m glad you mentioned Robinson. I wonder if he regrets/relishes his decision. Same with Harlan Gunn who went to Miami.

This article on Robinson was in OWH a couple months ago:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100605/SPORTS/706059808

This article on Robinson was in OWH a couple months ago:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20100605/SPORTS/706059808

Nice article. Sounds like Trevor is doing just fine. I wish him all the best. Until we meet ND in a bowl, that is. :-)