Bob Fescoe

Vuren

What did we do that is so unprofessional in his mind? I didn't listen when he took callers questions, but what did we do that in his mind was giving the rest of the Big 12 the "middle finger" as he puts it?

the press confrence "they(nebraska) made a spectacle of it" he's also including the regents meeting in that as well as "unnessary"

I've heard this "allegation" against Nebraska several times from several sources, but bottom line is it's just sour grapes. There was nothing at all unprofessional about Tom and Harvey's statements. They laid out in a factual manner the reasons behind the steps they took. They didn't name names and they didn't point fingers or lay blame. They outlined steps other schools took, and the reactive steps they felt they had to take. Very simple, very logical. They used professional, factual and respectful words, and they did not raise their voices nor in any other way appear rancorous.

Despite the reality of their statements and their comportment, both Tom and Harvey have been vilified by various reporters and broadcasters for taking the time to lay out their reasons for leaving the Big 12 and joining the Big 10. My question, were I to care enough to hear their response to ask, would be this: What would you have had them do? These are two men charged with governing one of the most historic, important and influential schools in all of college football. The school they represent is among the very pinnacle of the football world, and has worked very hard to earn that place. The conference they were leaving was one of the elite in the last decade, and the conference they were joining is the most long-standing and prestigious major football conference in the world.

Did they really expect a memo or a simple press release? Did they expect a two-minute address and a question-and-answer session following? If so, they're fools, and they do not understand the "pomp and pageantry" of the sport they cover and profess to love. This was a big, big, BIG deal. This was the largest shift in college football's landscape in decades. This was a rearranging of Mt. Rushmore. Expecting this move to be handled differently is foolish, and there's just no other way to look at it.

Tom and Harvey handled this situation perfectly, and I have yet to see anyone show where they misspoke or committed a faux pas in either their address in front of the Regents or their press conference with the Big 10 brass.

What did we do that is so unprofessional in his mind? I didn't listen when he took callers questions, but what did we do that in his mind was giving the rest of the Big 12 the "middle finger" as he puts it?

the press confrence "they(nebraska) made a spectacle of it" he's also including the regents meeting in that as well as "unnessary"

I've heard this "allegation" against Nebraska several times from several sources, but bottom line is it's just sour grapes. There was nothing at all unprofessional about Tom and Harvey's statements. They laid out in a factual manner the reasons behind the steps they took. They didn't name names and they didn't point fingers or lay blame. They outlined steps other schools took, and the reactive steps they felt they had to take. Very simple, very logical. They used professional, factual and respectful words, and they did not raise their voices nor in any other way appear rancorous.

Despite the reality of their statements and their comportment, both Tom and Harvey have been vilified by various reporters and broadcasters for taking the time to lay out their reasons for leaving the Big 12 and joining the Big 10. My question, were I to care enough to hear their response to ask, would be this: What would you have had them do? These are two men charged with governing one of the most historic, important and influential schools in all of college football. The school they represent is among the very pinnacle of the football world, and has worked very hard to earn that place. The conference they were leaving was one of the elite in the last decade, and the conference they were joining is the most long-standing and prestigious major football conference in the world.

Did they really expect a memo or a simple press release? Did they expect a two-minute address and a question-and-answer session following? If so, they're fools, and they do not understand the "pomp and pageantry" of the sport they cover and profess to love. This was a big, big, BIG deal. This was the largest shift in college football's landscape in decades. This was a rearranging of Mt. Rushmore. Expecting this move to be handled differently is foolish, and there's just no other way to look at it.

Tom and Harvey handled this situation perfectly, and I have yet to see anyone show where they misspoke or committed a faux pas in either their address in front of the Regents or their press conference with the Big 10 brass.

Beautifully said! All Husker fans should memorize this and use this as your rebuttal to ANY perceived slight to the Huskers. It would make us look a lot better as a fan base. I realize it is a small faction that makes us look like buffoons but that small faction seems to find the highest profile places to expose their embarassing rants. Living in KC I am as close to ground zero in this whole hatefest and I end up turning the radio station when Husker fans start calling in and sounding like big babies.

We need to realize that the schools represented in this vitriol spewed towards the Huskers have suffered THEIR ENTIRE LIVES numerous severe beat downs at the hands of the Huskers. They are jealous of how NU was able to get the Big Ten to bend their timetable to take the Huskers and leave them all hanging at the will of the University of Texas. They don't like it, but they can't badmouth UT so they are spewing it towards NU.

I bet this guy thought what Lebron James did was classy.

:facepalm:

is there a video some where of the press conference Tom and Harvey gave to announce the move? I have read a couple of shortened transcripts and everyone always references it, but i would like to see it in it's entirety

look up matco sports on youtube, he has it all.