Yoshi Hardrick

To answer a few questions..... the Hawks Championship Center is air conditioned and the heat was too much for the Huskers.

The Nebraska football hit the practice field for the fourth time this fall on Tuesday, when the practiced for two and a half hours in the Hawks Championship Center just north of Memorial Stadium. The Huskers practiced in helmets and shoulder pads for the second straight day. After battling 100-plus degree temperatures yesterday, NU moved indoors to the air conditioned Hawks Championship center to avoid the blazing heat.

"When you go outside, and it's that hot, it's just hard," Offensive Coordinator Shawn Watson said after Tuesday's workout. "After a while, the human body just wears down. We want practices that are high intensity practices where we're able to execute for the duration of practice. We came in because we wanted to get our practices more crisp."

With four days of fall camp under their belt, Watson said the Huskers are starting to play at a high level on both sides of the football.

"We've had two really good days of practice back-to-back," Watson said. "I think the guys are starting to get familiar with playing football again and being coached. We're seeing pretty good play on both sides of the ball."

One position that will look to upgrade for the 2010 campaign is at wide receiver. According to Watson, senior Niles Paul and junior Brandon Kinnie have been competing for the top wide receiver spot through the first four days of camp.

"They are bringing a high level of play at the receiver position," Watson said. "They are playing against a really good secondary and they are making plays. They are physical, too. Both of them are 225-pound wide receivers, who can run, and Mike McNeill is a 230-pound receiver who plays in the slot. We're big and physical and all three of them have been doing a great job."

The Huskers return to the practice field on Wednesday afternoon for their fifth practice of fall camp. Check back to Huskers.com for more updates on the Huskers as they prepare for their season opener against Western Kentucky on Sept. 4.

Link

There was an article the other day that Bo made them out out Pickle juice along with the G-raid. It is the best thing for you if you are getting dehydrated way better then G-raid.

I'd heard Nebraska was getting hot..(made the national news).

Still trying to figure out what "out out pickle juice" involves.

I've been getting used to the constant 115f days out here in AZ for the last couple of months..Avoid metal...any arival in a parking lot involves a desparate search for the one shady spot behind a "token tree" or tall lifted truck so your water bottles don't melt...

But we're now in the monsoon season..with the humidity in double figures.

Reminds me of the brutal Nebraska Summers..Think I'll bring a couple of extra shirts to work tomorrow so I don't start growing mold.