Predictions of 11-1

Two recent predictions not only have our season at 11-1 but thought it was interesting both predicted the one loss to be at Texas A&M.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=204976143&DB_OEM_ID=100

and

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2010/08/11/4c62cb3bafd59

I am noticing in conversations that Texas A&M seems to be the trendy pick to make a run at the south this year and have a very good season. The games we could drop that we should win that scare me a bit right now are @Washington...streaky team that can get hot in spurts...we need to put up points on them to win. If our offense cannot move against the best team we will see to that point, we will have problems. UW is very opportunistic and Locker has enough experience now to pull out big wins that UW could not pull off in recent seasons with Locker as more of a raw QB. Also @OK State...coming off the Texas game week prior causes concern for a let down.

If they're 10- going into Kyle Field I doubt A&M will be ready for them. That's a 12-0 season. Most likely defeat this year is against Texas, but I believe Big Red wins even that one.

Beat me to it. If our guys have shown the resolve to win ten straight including Texas, at Washington, and Mizzou, we should be the team to beat in this game. Unless our heads get too fat like TTU, but that goes along with the resolve. Plus I think special teams will be a big factor in this game that many are overlooking. aTm's special teams are atrocious, and ours...well they speak for themselves.

I wonder what makes anyone think Mike Sherman can coach a winning college football team. He hasn't shown the ability so far. :nutz

washington will be a very tough game , they have a nfl qb that is very good.....agree with above thread thread, snider at k-state equals dangerous

I think the reason they pick TAMU over NU is that their supposedly great offense will overpower our defense enough that our questionable offense can't score enough against their questionable defense in THEIR building. Sounds legitimate enough to me. And I doubt NU is undefeated going into that game, FWIW.

I like drinking the kool-aid as much as the next Husker fan, but wow...Brian Griese says something and now it's the gospel. This Husker team has a lot of mental work to do, let alone figure out a QB, before we can christen them unstoppable through 10 games, especially against a team that we turned the ball over 8 times last year. And it's a road game. Against a team that NU is 1-8 against in conference play. Against a Okie Lite team that NU has lost the last two in Stillwater. Against a KSUcks in hostile Manhattan that no matter how bad the Mildcats are this year, you know Snyder will do everything in his power to win that game. Against a team that has a legitimate Heisman candidate, again on the road. Hope little MeeChicken Brian is right.

I wonder what makes anyone think Mike Sherman can coach a winning college football team. He hasn't shown the ability so far. :nutz

Well he's only 2 full seasons in and he improved his win total from his previous year. And he's put together an elite offense and brought in a great defensive coordinator, and they return more starters than any other team in the B12. But I have no idea why people think they'll be a good team :dunno

Well he's only 2 full seasons in and he improved his win total from his previous year. And he's put together an elite offense and brought in a great defensive coordinator, and they return more starters than any other team in the B12. But I have no idea why people think they'll be a good team :dunno

Well, look what Bo did in two years. Talk about mountains to molehills. Yeah, he improved on "his" first season that was a far bigger disaster than what he started with.

Also, he's yet to having a winning season. In summary, he took over a 7 -6 program and took them 4 - 8 and 6 - 7. I think I can see why the Aggie fans aren't overly impressed.