Chase Rome

Vuren

Sure Ahman Green played when we had LP, but there were not 3 others including LP in front of AG. Keep his shirt for the time being. If we need him, play him. If not I would hate to see him waste a year to play a couple snaps against WKU and Idaho.

Actually LP, Clinton Childs, and Damon Benning were all ahead of Green. Green did get some PT early in the season during blowouts, which was fortunate because LP got suspended and then first Childs and then Benning were injured.

That being said, Chase Rome is in a different position. I'd like to see him redshirt unless he's ubergood or injuries happen.

You got me there on the Ahman Green situation. lol

But I think you can see what I am saying.

Jay Sims wasn't too shabby either. '95 had a whole stable of RBs and iirc, after LP was gone, all the backs that year were from Omaha.

As for Rome, I think good arguments can be made for both sides. I'm going to take the easy way on the argument and just say that I trust the coaches, whatever decision they make.

Then in 4 or 5 years we can all look back and 2nd guess it with our 20/20 hindsight. :thumbs

• 2 weeks later...

Posted by: Brian Christopherson on August 26, 2010 7:22PM CST

Carl Pelini was asked what the chances of Chase Rome playing this year were. As of now it looks like Rome has a little work to do to get on the field this fall.

"He hasn't earned it yet. He has to continue to earn it," Pelini said. "But he's in the mix. I'm going to keep coaching him, keep repping him, and just see how it plays out."

NU is really deep on the D-line so coaches also might be reluctant to burn Rome's redshirt this year unless some injuries occur. linky

*bump*

Interesting comment about Chase Rome by Brian Christopherson in the LJS blog today (a comment under the Quincy Enunwa story). I thought Rome was a lock to play this year. Sounds like it's iffy though.

Carl Pelini was asked what the chances of Chase Rome playing this year were. As of now it looks like Rome has a little work to do to get on the field this fall.

"He hasn't earned it yet. He has to continue to earn it," Pelini said. "But he's in the mix. I'm going to keep coaching him, keep repping him, and just see how it plays out."

NU is really deep on the D-line so coaches also might be reluctant to burn Rome's redshirt this year unless some injuries occur. linky

*bump*

Interesting comment about Chase Rome by Brian Christopherson in the LJS blog today (a comment under the Quincy Enunwa story). I thought Rome was a lock to play this year. Sounds like it's iffy though.

I wouldnt mind seeing him redshirt this year. We have good depth across the whole line this year.

Big 12 Qbs: fear the blackshirts.

*bump*

I wouldnt mind seeing him redshirt this year. We have good depth across the whole line this year.

Big 12 Qbs: fear the blackshirts.

This. Build quality depth for the future. If Crick has a similiar or slightly better season than last, he may opt for the NFL.

*bump*

This is what people do not seem to get. "In the Mix"= BLATANT coachspeak. It is not a good idication at all of how good a kid is actually doing.

If I remember correctly didn't Chase say right after he signed his LOI that he didn't plan on redshirting his first year and was going to work hard to work his way up the ladder. I'm not surprised by this news and I can see Rome getting some rotations during mop up duty to get his feet wet.

Rome is a determined young athlete that will be a stud some day and I'm glad he's a :bigredn: