Matt Slauson

MUTigerFan

Saw him in the Jets/Giants game last night, competing for a guard position. Didn't look too hot. Defenders going around and through him, leaving him on his backside watching sacks. Don't think he's gonna make it, even if Callahan likes him.

Weird.....all the announcers were saying he's got the starting job.

I think that's the assumption since he's been playing with Callahan for 5 or 6 years now and the other guard is pretty much a project. Slauson starting with a false start, then a holding call later, and several times blitzers went right past him. His pass blocking w/o the blitz wasn't bad though. And the Jets only managed 83 rushing yards.

And unrelated... Danny Woodhead had 5 receptions for 41 yards.

Saw him in the Jets/Giants game last night, competing for a guard position. Didn't look too hot. Defenders going around and through him, leaving him on his backside watching sacks. Don't think he's gonna make it, even if Callahan likes him.

Weird.....all the announcers were saying he's got the starting job.

I think that's the assumption since he's been playing with Callahan for 5 or 6 years now and the other guard is pretty much a project. Slauson starting with a false start, then a holding call later, and several times blitzers went right past him. His pass blocking w/o the blitz wasn't bad though. And the Jets only managed 83 rushing yards.

And unrelated... Danny Woodhead had 5 receptions for 41 yards.

I saw Woodhead playing last night, and he looked like so tiny with all those huge NFL players, but he did well!

• 1 month later...

Part of the problem is that Slauson is a sixth round draft pick in his 2nd year. And the Jets stick him in to replace Alan Faneca, one of the top OGs in the NFL. Faneca was a pro-bowl player for like a decade or something. Slauson was lucky to make the roster last year. And now Jets fans——and even the announcers——are perplexed why Slauson is not as good as Faneca. It’s not a fair comparison. And btw, even Faneca sucked for his first couple of years in the league.

But it was kinda cool that both left OGs were Huskers last night, Slausen and Richie Incognito.

• 3 months later...

Matt Slauson looking good. Talk about a turnaround. I thought he for sure was going to get cut. Congrats Matt! Nice work & keep it up!

He's had a great season this year.

The trap blocks in the 4th quarter had to have him smiling! Looked good tonight!

Indeed. He's played like that all season long. From pre-season to this evening, he's played really well. Not perfect but really well.

Matt Slauson looking good. Talk about a turnaround. I thought he for sure was going to get cut. Congrats Matt! Nice work & keep it up!

He's had a great season this year.

The trap blocks in the 4th quarter had to have him smiling! Looked good tonight!

Indeed. He's played like that all season long. From pre-season to this evening, he's played really well. Not perfect but really well.

His playing in the pre-season was atrocious. See the OP. Not only was he getting beat he led the team in false starts and holds.

Great to see that he picked his game up.