Anybody think we should have went after Masoli?

Anybody think we should have went after Masoli?

No. We have enough QBs on our roster, including commits.

But I can’t understand why everyone nationwide is making such a big deal over Masoli. He’s just a rowdy punk with a wild streak. It’s not like he is the Charles Manson of college football.

But I can’t understand why everyone nationwide is making such a big deal over Masoli.

He really is pretty talented.

Yeah. He’ll be drawing an NFL salary if he can just stay out of trouble for a year or so.

I guess I can't understand why everyone is so negative on the guy. He's just trying to get a second (third?) chance to play ball.

But I can’t understand why everyone nationwide is making such a big deal over Masoli.

He really is pretty talented.

Yeah. He’ll be drawing an NFL salary if he can just stay out of trouble for a year or so.

I guess I can't understand why everyone is so negative on the guy. He's just trying to get a second (third?) chance to play ball.

Or fourth.

Because he's been arrested several times. He has to be unusually stupid or plain incorrigible to see that he has a future in football, a free ride at school, a possible NFL career, and yet still be dumb enough to burgle a frat house. This is not the kind of kid who's just looking for another chance, this is a guy who's had chance after chance after chance after chance, and he's screwed them up every time. It's hard not to label a guy like that.

He's had many other run-ins with the coaches at Oregon than just some arrests. He really, really burned his bridges there.