Position Battles

Your personal favorite  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like Caputo a lot at Center, but wow, there isnt a backup. Not with game experience. Even from G/T that could slide over if needed.

I hope we don't need him and I'm not sure how he's been practicing, but Pensick surprised me in the spring game with his solid play.

Wasn't Cole originally a Center recruit? And then we switched him to DT? Or was it the other way around? I forget.

Anyway, Cole should be solid as the backup. We tried out Quenton T at C last year before he quit the team.

Here's a little blurb from today's Journal Star about Enunwa...

Enunwa in the mix: True freshman wide receiver Quincy Enunwa (6-2, 205 pounds) "has put himself in the hunt for depth at receiver," Watson said.

A native of Moreno Valley, Calif., Enunwa possesses strong hands, Watson said.

"He plays big and he plays fast," the coach said. "He has the ability to get in and out of cut. He functions very well in space and in tight proximity. He's really a complete player. We're really pleased with him."

Nebraska's top three receivers are clear-cut: Niles Paul, Brandon Kinnie and Mike McNeill. "The competition for the other three spots has been pretty spirited, pretty tight," Watson said.

Honestly if he's playing anything like his high school footage shows, then he stands a chance of at least getting some valuable PT this season. The question is do we really want to burn a redshirt on a kid who could very easily become the next Niles Paul?

Saw this pic of Enunwa on the Huskers website, dude has some serious guns on him for a frosh.

IBGRZTOOATWZKFP.20100819211638.JPG

Anyone hear anything out of Terrence Moore/Baker Steinkuhler at DT? Moore might make this more of a battle than expected.

Probably the only reason it's not expected to be much of a battle is Baker's :star :star :star :star :star.

And Moore's injured status last year, I guess...it should be a good battle. Moore might win it.

Anyone hear anything out of Terrence Moore/Baker Steinkuhler at DT? Moore might make this more of a battle than expected.

Probably the only reason it's not expected to be much of a battle is Baker's stargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gif.

And Moore's injured status last year, I guess...it should be a good battle. Moore might win it.

Pretty sure Moore is leading, and pulling away at this point.

I'd hope that it's not a sign of Baker struggling, but Moore just being that good. I mean, there was a time where we all figured Baker was going to be the next Suh, not Crick (this was before Crick's Baylor game, which is where his stock really rose in fans' eyes). So I'm sort of rooting for Moore in this race, him being the junior who we've heard good things about for a long time. So while that is good to hear, I do hope it isn't simultaneously a sign that we should temper our Baby Stein expectations.

We have some really good defensive tackles, despite Suh's graduation. :koolaid2:

I'd hope that it's not a sign of Baker struggling, but Moore just being that good. I mean, there was a time where we all figured Baker was going to be the next Suh, not Crick (this was before Crick's Baylor game, which is where his stock really rose in fans' eyes). So I'm sort of rooting for Moore in this race, him being the junior who we've heard good things about for a long time. So while that is good to hear, I do hope it isn't simultaneously a sign that we should temper our Baby Stein expectations.

We have some really good defensive tackles, despite Suh's graduation. koolaid2.gif

How much can a DT struggle? He did well last year. DT isn't complicated - it's pretty much just 'go put a smackdown on the qb...if they try to run, tackle the guy with the ball." if this is true - my guess is that moore is blowing up.

Remember when Suh got "injured" in the Oklahoma game last year, and had to come out for a play? Moore came in, the Sooners ran right at him, and he stonewalled the RB.

I know it's just one play, but I've been saying for years that the guy has talent. There was talk (maybe just training camp motivation, maybe not) that Moore could have started alongside Suh last year around this time. He was banged up all season from what I recall.

Ain't fall camp great? :)

I'm most interested in who the top two safeties are going to be, although the Moore/Stein battle is up there. I expect a lot of rotation this year especially compared to last year. Even with our ridiculous rash of injuries we still appear to be in pretty good shape. Let's hope it stays that way.

Some speculation on another site or two today, that Martinez is giving Lee a run for his money... :snacks:

And after he's tired of running, he'll take a seat on the bench.

Who? LEE or TMART? Lee wishes he could have half the athletic ability running the ball. Lee may start the first few games but WHEN Lee screws up again Tmart will run all over the place and make just enough play action throws to win the job...you watch. Pretend my name is EZE and listen to everything i say. :koolaid2: