CBS College Football Preview Show

dbetz23

On CBS this afternoon they had their college football preview show on. Gary Danielson picked Nebraska to get to the National Championship Game and lose to Ohio St. He also said, I believe, that their will be no undefeated teams from the BCS conferences.

I agree with there not being an undefeated BCS team this year....there is just too many good teams out there and even the best of them will have an off week against a still pretty good team. Looking at the top ten's schedules...in my opinion...Nebraska has one of the easier roads to the National Championship game. I think our biggest struggle will be staying up for the games against the sleepers...Washington, Oklahoma State...etc.

On CBS this afternoon they had their college football preview show on. Gary Danielson picked Nebraska to get to the National Championship Game and lose to Ohio St. He also said, I believe, that their will be no undefeated teams from the BCS conferences.

I agree with there not being an undefeated BCS team this year....there is just too many good teams out there and even the best of them will have an off week against a still pretty good team. Looking at the top ten's schedules...in my opinion...Nebraska has one of the easier roads to the National Championship game. I think our biggest struggle will be staying up for the games against the sleepers...Washington, Oklahoma State...etc.

don't think okie st is a sleeper...just bad

Nebraska vs Ohio State for the championship - now that would be a great matchup! Two teams from the same conference going against each other for the NC. Im putting that on my wish list for the year.

Right up there with beating Texas twice. :koolaid2:

I love the Kool Aid ..... Rather than restore the order, beating Ohio State would be establishing the order. I like that.

Nebraska has one of the easier roads to the National Championship game. I think our biggest struggle will be staying up for the games against the sleepers...Washington, Oklahoma State...etc.

Huh? Easiest roads? What the ....?

Did it ever occur to you that every team we play in the Big 12 is going to want nothing more that take NU out since it's the last season in the conference? Did it ever occur to you where the Big 12 championship game is and who the opponent in it will be? Don't even get me started on how the refs in the Big 12 are going to treat NU this season.

p.s. Do you realize that Boise is loaded and has one real game this season?

Desire to take someone out has very little to do with actually taking someone out, otherwise nobody would ever lose. Conf road games could get loud, but really...Iowa State, KSU, Okie State? It'll be tough for them to stay excited when they keep going 3 & out. A&M might be better but I've been there twice and they have no hostility towards us, and I doubt they care much about us leaving. Like anyone would be, they'd be excited to knock off an unbeaten team, if we still are.

I'm not worried about any Big 12 referee conspiracy either. Maybe I'm in the minority on this board...

Boise plays one more ranked team than we do (Oregon State & VT) but we do have the CCG game to get by if we want to win it all, and I definitely agree some of our unranked opponents will give us decent games. Boise's biggest challenge will be making it to the stadium on the right day since they play 5 non-Saturday games.

VA Tech's schedule isn't all that hard. USC and Oregon only play each other, so the winner of that game could have an clear path, but both of them tend to drop a game or two they shouldn't every year.

Edit: I guess USC and Oregon have #24 Oregon State like Boise does. Not a huge game but I bet the Beavs knock off one of the 3.

don't think okie st is a sleeper...just bad

Name the last time we went down there and won...?

Desire to take someone out has very little to do with actually taking someone out, otherwise nobody would ever lose. Conf road games could get loud, but really...Iowa State, KSU, Okie State? It'll be tough for them to stay excited when they keep going 3 & out. A&M might be better but I've been there twice and they have no hostility towards us, and I doubt they care much about us leaving. Like anyone would be, they'd be excited to knock off an unbeaten team, if we still are.

I'm not worried about any Big 12 referee conspiracy either. Maybe I'm in the minority on this board...

Boise plays one more ranked team than we do (Oregon State & VT) but we do have the CCG game to get by if we want to win it all, and I definitely agree some of our unranked opponents will give us decent games. Boise's biggest challenge will be making it to the stadium on the right day since they play 5 non-Saturday games.

VA Tech's schedule isn't all that hard. USC and Oregon only play each other, so the winner of that game could have an clear path, but both of them tend to drop a game or two they shouldn't every year.

Edit: I guess USC and Oregon have #24 Oregon State like Boise does. Not a huge game but I bet the Beavs knock off one of the 3.

I didnt catch all of it when it happened but isnt USC banned from even competing in bowl games and NC games for 2 years.

Nebraska has one of the easier roads to the National Championship game. I think our biggest struggle will be staying up for the games against the sleepers...Washington, Oklahoma State...etc.

Huh? Easiest roads? What the ....?

Did it ever occur to you that every team we play in the Big 12 is going to want nothing more that take NU out since it's the last season in the conference? Did it ever occur to you where the Big 12 championship game is and who the opponent in it will be? Don't even get me started on how the refs in the Big 12 are going to treat NU this season.

p.s. Do you realize that Boise is loaded and has one real game this season?

If you look at the number of ranked teams we're going to be playing compared to the number of ranked teams that other top 10 teams have to play...we have one of the easiest roads. Boise State is the reason I said we have ONE of the easiest roads...they DEFINITELY have the easiest road...as far as complaining about the refs...are YOU serious? Any team can complain about the refs and blame them for losing a game or having a bad season...thats not a championship caliber team...thats not Nebraska and it never will be.

"Desire to take someone out has very little to do with actually taking someone out, otherwise nobody would ever lose." Wrong. If a team is able to focus on a single game that they want to win, anything is possible. It happens every year.

"Conf road games could get loud, but really...Iowa State, KSU, Okie State?" You do realize that Iowa State won in Lincoln last year, right? I'm sure back to back wins vs. Nebraska wouldn't mean a thing to them.

Everyone we play in conference probably has the NU game circled. Since we're leaving, it's going to be really, really easy to motivate everyone we play. You'd have to be beyond naive to not realize that the entire conference wants NU to go out as losers.

Playing Texas-and then probably a second time in the CCG? LOL, yeah-sounds like a real cakewalk to me.

Put down the Kool Aid and the crack pipe! I didn't even mention Washington in Seattle. Ask Oklahoma how things went playing on the road vs. a Pac 10 team. Jobbed, robbed, raped, sodomized-call it whatever you want, but don't expect NU to get a fair shake up there, so if anything is in doubt-we're in trouble.

"Desire to take someone out has very little to do with actually taking someone out, otherwise nobody would ever lose." Wrong. If a team is able to focus on a single game that they want to win, anything is possible. It happens every year.

"Conf road games could get loud, but really...Iowa State, KSU, Okie State?" You do realize that Iowa State won in Lincoln last year, right? I'm sure back to back wins vs. Nebraska wouldn't mean a thing to them.

Everyone we play in conference probably has the NU game circled. Since we're leaving, it's going to be really, really easy to motivate everyone we play. You'd have to be beyond naive to not realize that the entire conference wants NU to go out as losers.

Playing Texas-and then probably a second time in the CCG? LOL, yeah-sounds like a real cakewalk to me.

Put down the Kool Aid and the crack pipe! I didn't even mention Washington in Seattle. Ask Oklahoma how things went playing on the road vs. a Pac 10 team. Jobbed, robbed, raped, sodomized-call it whatever you want, but don't expect NU to get a fair shake up there, so if anything is in doubt-we're in trouble.

They got screwed by Big 12 refs, so it's not like the Pac 10 screwed them over in any way. So unless the refs get orders from Dodd's puppet Beebe, they shouldn't play a major part in the outcome.