We Lost Middleton

I guess this comes as hardly a surprise. He made the announcement proud and loud prematurely, before he could even officially get his paperwork in. Sort of reminds me of the Mobley situation last year.

Sucks for Middleton. Since he won't be able to play this year anyway, has he thought of taking the semester off, then enrolling for the spring semester?

I guess this comes as hardly a surprise. He made the announcement proud and loud prematurely, before he could even officially get his paperwork in. Sort of reminds me of the Mobley situation last year.

Sucks for Middleton. Since he won't be able to play this year anyway, has he thought of taking the semester off, then enrolling for the spring semester?

I would guess part of sitting out a year at your new school would include a year's worth of time being a student too, or else more kids would probably do that. Just a guess though, does anyone know for sure?

I would guess part of sitting out a year at your new school would include a year's worth of time being a student too, or else more kids would probably do that. Just a guess though, does anyone know for sure?

As far as I know, you have to be enrolled in school for that year in order to play. I believe this is how it works for some transfer's and JUCO's, which is why you hear the phrase "three for two" in reference to how many years they are here and then how many they get to play.

Ricky Henry is a good example. Transfered here from South Dakota State, redshirted in 2008, played 2009, and will play in 2010.

once you start your career, you have five years to finish it. you cannot start it, take a couple of years off, and then pick up with the same amount of eligibility remaining (there may be an exception for mormon missions). most transfers enroll immediately because it is to their benefit. they're typically on scholarship, working towards a degree and getting classes, room and board paid for even if they aren't eligible to play for the first year. it is also to the program's benefit as you get your culture and routine ingrained into him (not to mention the training program and play book). therefore, i can't see too many kids taking a semester off on purpose during a transfer.

as to whether he'd be eligible in 2011 if he enrolled in january after a semester off, i just don't know. i would guess the answer is yes though.