OK look at it this way: would you rather play Michigan or Penn State

Who is your biggest existing rival in the Big 10? Iowa? Wisconsin? Michigan? or is it Penn State? I would have thought it is Penn State.

The way it looks now Ohio State and Michigan will be in separate divisions and Ohio State and Penn State will be in the same division. That leaves Michigan and Nebraska for the other division.

If you guys have any preference, now is the time to make your opinions heard before the decision is made. Delany is saying that fan input is important and seems to be allowing some wiggle room. This is not written in stone.

If Osborne can't deliver Penn State as your main rival and last game of the season, what good is he?

If you agree you might consider writing or emailing Osborne and Delany and expressing an opinion. Otherwise, nevermind.

If its to be the end of the season, day after Thanksgiving game, then I opt for Iowa - by far. They are geographically very close - allowing easy travel and they have a lot of fans around here/a shared border - so rivalry would be natural. Most Iowa fans I have spoken to seem to embrace the idea.

Penn State - not soo much. Firstly, travel during Thanksgiving weekend stinks. No way I want to set foot on a plane that weekend. I would much prefer to drive to an away game. Especially when considering distances - and Penn State is a long ways away. Second, despite our past with Penn State (a few games played and a gripe over post season honors), I really don't get too excited about the idea of playing them. More than a Northwestern or Indiana at least, but not the tops of my list. And did I mention how faaaaaar away they are?

If its to be the end of the season, day after Thanksgiving game, then I opt for Iowa - by far. They are geographically very close - allowing easy travel and they have a lot of fans around here/a shared border - so rivalry would be natural. Most Iowa fans I have spoken to seem to embrace the idea.

Penn State - not soo much. Firstly, travel during Thanksgiving weekend stinks. No way I want to set foot on a plane that weekend. I would much prefer to drive to an away game. Especially when considering distances - and Penn State is a long ways away. Second, despite our past with Penn State (a few games played and a gripe over post season honors), I really don't get too excited about the idea of playing them. More than a Northwestern or Indiana at least, but not the tops of my list. And did I mention how faaaaaar away they are?

Mr. Brandon is practically guaranteeing that you will be playing Michigan that weekend. I'd say you chances of getting Iowa are not very good.

Also, if you don't want Michigan or do want Iowa, you should express that opinion as well. Brandon thinks he can get Nebraska to appease the anger from losing OSU. If he can't do that maybe he'll give up his stupid idea of UM/OSU in the conference championship game.

Who is your biggest existing rival in the Big 10? Iowa? Wisconsin? Michigan? or is it Penn State? I would have thought it is Penn State.

The way it looks now Ohio State and Michigan will be in separate divisions and Ohio State and Penn State will be in the same division. That leaves Michigan and Nebraska for the other division.

If you guys have any preference, now is the time to make your opinions heard before the decision is made. Delany is saying that fan input is important and seems to be allowing some wiggle room. This is not written in stone.

If Osborne can't deliver Penn State as your main rival and last game of the season, what good is he?

If you agree you might consider writing or emailing Osborne and Delany and expressing an opinion. Otherwise, nevermind.

Your post seems to have an underlying motive. This post sounds like you want Husker fans to voice their displeasure so that you can maintain your end of the season rivalry with Ohio State. Correct me if Im wrong. :rollin

Im perfectly fine being in the same division as Michigan and having OSU and PSU in the other division. NU vs Iowa could be and should be a mid season match up. They are not on the same level as Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State, and Ohio State.

Not even going to comment.

• Fire 1

Your post seems to have an underlying motive. This post sounds like you want Husker fans to voice their displeasure so that you can maintain your end of the season rivalry with Ohio State. Correct me if Im wrong. :rollin

Im perfectly fine being in the same division as Michigan and having OSU and PSU in the other division. NU vs Iowa could be and should be a mid season match up. They are not on the same level as Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State, and Ohio State.

Yes indeed that is what I want. I would be happy if we play Nebraska every year and look forward to doing so, but not at the expense of losing the UM/OSU matchup on the last week of the regular season. Any support from you guys in that regard would be sincerely appreciated. That is not my ulterior motive. That is my main motive.

I really don't have much of a preference on who are last game is against. Wisconsin, Iowa, or Michigan would all be fine games to end the season with. Maybe Iowa due to us being close to them. I really was never huge on the Penn State game. They are a good team and we do have a little bit of history with them but we are not rivals and we are very far apart.

Rivalries are formed they are not forced :boxosoap .

:yeah:yeah:yeah

NU fans always complained when CU would call their game against us a "rivalry".

But...I like Iowa as the "potential" rivalry for reasons already given.

Please tell me you weren't one of the fans that claimed CU wasn't our Rival (which they weren't in my opinion) because if so then you wanting Iowa would absolutely make no sense haha.

As for me I have been a proponent of playing PSU ever since I started watching college football. They are our best potential Rival (and I capitalize the word "rival" meaning our main #1 rivalry, unlike a second tier rivalry), because they share a fairly even amount of prestige as us, Penn State doesn't share a reciprocal main Rivalry with anyone else, its a very balanced series, and both of us have pushed each other out of a national title. Not to mention both JoePa and Dr. Tom's great history.

Personally I believe that if Penn State is not in our division then they in fact will be in our cross-over game, but if they are Michigan will be our cross-over game. I would rather have them in our division to raise the game's importance, but I'd be ok with Michigan in our conference too (although then Michigan State might get screwed and not get to play Michigan, unless they come to our division, but they'll have to take out either Wisconsin and MInnesota and break up the triangle of hate).

Personally I see that it would be in everyones best interest to keep Michigan, MSU and OSU in the same division, keep the Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska all together, and add PSu with us to balance the four major programs. Indiana and Purdue need to stay together too

Forgive me my friend, but asking "What good is Osborne" to a bunch of Husker fans is not the brightest question.

It'd be like trying to convince a Michigan fan that Bo Schembechler wasn't a qualified coach :laughpound:rollin

Osborne is kinda seen as infalible here, what ever the man says or does goes without question

Catholics have the infalibility of the Pope, we have the infalibility of Dr. Tom